Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN: My Life 365: Art Monk(merged)

DButz65

:laugh:

Gotcha. I'm not a big thread starter, so I couldn't remember if there was a "Merge with Another Thread" button.

(Sits down quietly)

All kinds of buttons. Just have to hit the right one.....

:doh:

All kinds of buttons. Just have to hit the right one.....

:doh:

For example, the sarcasm button . . .

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks for making me feel like a dumb *** guys.

:mad:

And PCS, can you give me my god damn sig ability back already!?

Too cool. We just heard Art Monk speak more in 1/2 hour than in all the years he played and since combined. Not to get maudlin, but I'm proud to be able to claim him as "ours."

I work at a summer camp, and I always get razzed on by the other staff members and the kids about how I'm a Redskins fan and they're idiots -- err, not. I explain to them that it's not all about the championships (though both plentiful and memorable); it's about the PEOPLE. Gibbs, Monk, Green, everyone. I came home today for my day off (it's a residential camp with very limited internet access, which is why my posts have been few and far between) and watched, as always, "The Fix II" and "Sean Taylor Forever" only to find Gibbs on the NFL Network and Monk on CSN and a new blog by Om.

If only the fans of other teams could see what I've seen today, then they'd understand. Everyone from our coaches to our players to our fans are the pinnacle of what it means to be people. This isn't just a collection of players and coaches, this isn't just a game. I'm in love with the Redskins, and I'm thrilled that I'm here on a board that understands what I mean by that.

Followed hurriedly by Gregpeck99's post:

Babe Laufenberg will be the best NFL QB EVER. I love him.

Joe Theismann is "eye candy" ... he has not shown any ability to win games in the 4th quarter with clutch throws. He has especially been ineffective against the teams in the NFCEast. "Laufenberg" is a proven winner and will continue that way ... those future games when Laufenberg goes up against Phil Simms and Danny White will be legendary. Bank it!

I see that McD5 is hanging in this thread.

I'm waiting for a new thread called "We should have traded Art Monk for a better WR."

First post: Alvin Garrett should have been our star Wide Receiver. It was past time to trade Art Monk.

Art Monk is money8.gif

:silly:

Nah, Art is the greatest Redskin of my life imho.

He represents everything that was so right about the game years ago, and everything that is so wrong about it today.

A former employee of mine, a lineman in the NFL, gave Monk the best firsthand comment I have ever heard.

The first time he came into my office, I was the regional director of the firm, and he was just signing on to work with us.

We had an office of 16 guys...all out at lunch, and everyone was asking him questions about his NFL years.....everyone happy to be around a former NFL star.

He didn't even know I was a Skins fan.....and he wasn't sucking up.

After asking questions about all of the big name players.....someone asked him who the greatest athlete was that he ever saw in the league.

Without hesitation, he said Art Monk.

Not the greatest man....not the greatest off-field person, which he is often credited as being.

But the best pure athlete.

The best physical specimen he had ever seen. The best professional. The best athlete.

:applause:

Nah, Art is the greatest Redskin of my life imho.

He represents everything that was so right about the game years ago, and everything that is so wrong about it today.

A former employee of mine, a lineman in the NFL, gave Monk the best firsthand comment I have ever heard.

The first time he came into my office, I was the regional director of the firm, and he was just signing on to work with us.

We had an office of 16 guys...all out at lunch, and everyone was asking him questions about his NFL years.....everyone happy to be around a former NFL star.

He didn't even know I was a Skins fan.....and he wasn't sucking up.

After asking questions about all of the big name players.....someone asked him who the greatest athlete was that he ever saw in the league.

Without hesitation, he said Art Monk.

Not the greatest man....not the greatest off-field person, which he is often credited as being.

But the best pure athlete.

The best physical specimen he had ever seen. The best professional. The best athlete.

:applause:

Great Story. :) Thanks!

And, for the record, I was just giving you some crap, lol.

Great Story. :) Thanks!

And, for the record, I was just giving you some crap, lol.

:cheers: The comment he made carried even more weight, because the lineman didn't even play in the NFC east.

You could just see the reverence in his eyes when he talked about Monk.

This guy was a first rounder......who played on some pretty great teams himself.

And he was talking about Monk like he was his idol.

It was pretty cool.

Archived