Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Opening Day at FedEx.....

Drunken Master III

That idea's never crossed my mind, but it's defninitely a good one. It's doubtful that they'll do something like that, but it would be amazing if they did. I read somewhere that the Redskins wanted to wear the "21" patch on the jerseys and helmets again this season, but apparently the NFL refused to allow them to do it. It would also be cool if Zorn sent "the U" guys out as captains for the first game. It probably won't happen, but a Taylor video would be a great idea.

I don't think anyone was as big of a fan of Sean Taylor as I was. But I think that ITS TIME TO MOVE ON!! Honestly, we aren't playing for him anymore. Its a new year, new regime, new players. We are playing to win the Super Bowl. Not for the memory of Sean Taylor.

Honestly, I never watch the TV when i'm at the games. I just watch the field.

I have to agree with everybody else. Players can play for him, but dedicating money and time for a montage is kinda of old now. I personally don't want any players crying right before they get on the field.

What I have always wanted is instead of showing commercials on the minitron before the D takes the field we show highlights of our current players most crushing hits.

The commercials drain all of the energy out of the crowd and some sort of highlight reel set to uptempo music would get the crowd much more into it. It would also make any wide out who is considering laying it all out across the middle think twice about it.

What I have always wanted is instead of showing commercials on the minitron before the D takes the field we show highlights of our current players most crushing hits.

The commercials drain all of the energy out of the crowd and some sort of highlight reel set to uptempo music would get the crowd much more into it. It would also make any wide out who is considering laying it all out across the middle think twice about it.

Not a bad idea

I thought about this before and I think it's a good idea and wouldn't be surprised if they did it. I'm not really big on the whole "It's time to move on" thing. Just cause it's a new season doesn't mean we should forget about him and pretend that never happened. He was a great player and a great guy and I'll always be remembering him and thinking of him. I'll always have my 21 towel up on my wall, always be wearing his jersey, always have the 21 on my phone wallpaper, always have his picture on my computer wallpaper, etc. But yea I wouldn't be surprised, Zorn said that the NFL won't let them keep wearing the 21s, but that they're working on other ways to honor him, this seems like a good one to me.

c26allday:

In my opinion,

No.

And please understand, I recoginize an honest heartful suggestion on your part and no disrespect on my part to your suggestion. But, no.

The team is moving forward, we have a new coach~ we must let the healing continue on the loss of our beloved Sean Taylor last season.

We have so many talented players on our team~ Offense and Defense - they shouldn't have to live in a shadow of regret and continual public mourning for Sean Taylor ~ for the rest of their careers~ I feel they carry him everyday in their hearts as well as we do; however, .........

we must continue to heal and move forward with our team -

cp26allday, NONE of us will ever forget......... EVER...........

Shouldn't you be in a Ladell Betts thread? :laugh:

I don't believe those will pop up until week 2 or 3. :cheers:

Now to your original post, the ridiculous tribute video.

We have already done that. So you want to do it again for some reason.

Just for the first game only, and never again?

What about the third home game? How about the 5th?

How about all home games in 2009, 2010 and 2011 also? 2020 maybe?

While we are at it....should we do a Gibbs video before every game?

How about a Gregg Williams video too? He gave us some decent defenses.

None of that helps Zorn, or our other new coaches. Time to move on.

All of yall people downing this idea is crazy. I believe that it would be a great idea.

About a month after the season everyone wanted to carry the momentum to this year and what better way to bring back the fire than to show our fallen hero. I know everytime i see a video of sean it puts a smile on my face when i see him lay someone out and it makes me want to go out on the field and play with the mentality of him. Before all of my highschool games i always think about sean and attempt to play with the passion he played with and enjoy the game.

I think this will ease all of the pregame tension and let the players go out there and play to the best of their abilties. I think this will light the fire of the players especially clinton portis and i think it could fuel the beginning of a great season.

with the crowd being louder than ever and the players playing with a ton of passion i dont think the saints will stand a chance.

Archived