Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where is Joe Gibbs?

herb mul-key

Has anybody heard anything...will he be at the ceremony this weekend? He was the main coach for Monk and Green...I thought he might be a presenter...

I am suprised he hasn't had more of a spotlight at least commenting on Green and Monk during this lead up....

He's worked on the HOF Committee for years, lobbying for Monk, Green and others. He's played a big part in this weekend.

Has anybody heard anything...will he be at the ceremony this weekend? He was the main coach for Monk and Green...I thought he might be a presenter...

I am suprised he hasn't had more of a spotlight at least commenting on Green and Monk during this lead up....

I saw that he made some statements last weekend about the two going into the hall, but that's about it. I asked the same question in another thread about whether or not he'd be at the ceremony. One would think that something like this would be the ultimate proud moment for a coach...having a player (two in this case) inducted into the hall. I know that both guys' sons are presenting them, but I would bet that Joe Jackson Gibbs will be there and featured prominently several times throughout the event. I would also think that he'd probably leave right after it's over, so as not to overshadow Jim Zorn's debut as Redskins head coach the next night.

It also makes me wonder if any of the other Skins coaches will be there. As bad as Norv was sometimes, he also coached Darrell Green for a long time, and I'm sure that it could possibly be a proud moment for him also. We'll also probably see a lot of old faces like Ritchie Pettibon as well.

On that same note, I haven't heard anything about who the announcers will be for all the inductees. Can someone shed some light?

Each will be presented to the hall by their son.

Art Monk....

James Monk wants to get one thing right when it comes to presenting his father for induction into the NFL Hall of Fame this Saturday.

"Let's hope I don't trip on stage," he says with a laugh....

Darrell Green....

Q. Who will be presenting you at the Hall and why did you present ask that person to present you?

DARRELL GREEN: I've got Crystal, Jerrell and Joi, those are my three daughters. I've got one son, Jared Paul Green. He's a sophomore at the University of Virginia, scholarship wide receiver, my only boy, my best friend and that was a no‑brainer. He is my boy, my best buddy, and no one else ever crossed my mind.

Archived