Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do the Cowboys rebuild if they don't win a playoff game?

Westbrook36

The Cowboys are like the most overrated team. Marcus Spears is not all the great. Chris Canty is not all that great. I dont even know their DT's...except Tank Johnson. Roy Williams is garbage. TO is their only WR. Romo sits to pee cant settle himself down and play football because he FINALLY got a girlfriend after all those years of being a player nobody cared about. The cowgirls are so overrated.:dallasuck

5 Players that are hands-down better than D-Ware in the NFC, no argument:

1. Jared Allen.

2. Brian Urlacher

3. Jason Taylor

4. Rhonde Barber (he is aging however)

5. Kevin Williams

This list was easy to make. I could of made it 15, but I've made my point.

That is why i changed it to top 5 LB. Its too hard to decide who is a top 5 player when you count all the positions.

Taylor has yet to play a down in the NFC. You really can't include him, yet.

Whether or not you hate the cowboys, You have to respect D.Ware.

5 Players that are hands-down better than D-Ware in the NFC, no argument:

1. Jared Allen.

2. Brian Urlacher

3. Jason Taylor

4. Rhonde Barber (he is aging however)

5. Kevin Williams

This list was easy to make. I could of made it 15, but I've made my point.

Nothing like a random list of names with no supporting thoughts or evidence.

[quote name=kevin11Taylor has yet to play a down in the NFC. You really can't include him' date=' yet.

[/quote]

:( Just wanted to get a Skin on there. Landry might be after this year, but if...not even gonna say it. It makes me too sad.

Nothing like a random list of names with no supporting thoughts or evidence.

Jared Allen-the best defensive end in all of football.

Brian Urlacher-best middle linebacker in all of football.

Jason Taylor-one of the best defensive ends of all time.

Rhonde Barber-best CB in the NFC for the past 5 years.

Kevin Williams-a true beast of a DT that might be the best DT in the league.

Happy ****er.

The Cowboys are like the most overrated team. Marcus Spears is not all the great. Chris Canty is not all that great. I dont even know their DT's...except Tank Johnson. Roy Williams is garbage. TO is their only WR. Romo sits to pee cant settle himself down and play football because he FINALLY got a girlfriend after all those years of being a player nobody cared about. The cowgirls are so overrated.:dallasuck

Jared Allen-the best defensive end in all of football.

Brian Urlacher-best middle linebacker in all of football.

Jason Taylor-one of the best defensive ends of all time.

Rhonde Barber-best CB in the NFC for the past 5 years.

Kevin Williams-a true beast of a DT that might be the best DT in the league.

Happy ****er.

NFL Coaches, Scouts, and Execs rank Ware as the 6th best player in all of the NFL according to this report:

There are already a slew of preview magazines out, and one annual feature that always distinguishes itself is Pro Football Weekly's player rankings. The list is compiled based on polling of scouts, coaches and executives across the league.

Five Cowboys made the Top 50 overall -- DeMarcus Ware (6th), Terrell Owens (8th), Tony Romo sits to pee (18th), Terence Newman (36th) and Marion Barber (44th). By comparison, the Chargers (Tomlinson, Merriman, Gates, Cromartie), Colts (Manning, Sanders, Wayne, Freeney) and Seahawks (Jones, Hasselbeck, Trufant, Tatupu) had four each, while the Patriots had two (Brady, Moss) and the Giants had one (Umenyiora).

Outside Linebacker: Ware's first, beating out Shawne Merriman, with a 4.45 (blue chip) rating. Like I've maintained for a long time, PFW believes he's the best player on the roster. Greg Ellis is 16th at the position with a 3.4 (red chip) rating.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/06/pfw-releases-its-annual-player-rankings.html

That's what I was referring to as "supporting information".... not your "best at his position" rankings.

With Ware ranked 6th among all NFL Players... we'd expect to have guys like Tom Brady, LT, and Peyton Manning topping off at least three of those spots ahead of Ware.

NFL Coaches, Scouts, and Execs rank Ware as the 6th best player in all of the NFL according to this report:

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/06/pfw-releases-its-annual-player-rankings.html

That's what I was referring to as "supporting information".... not your "best at his position" rankings.

With Ware ranked 6th among all NFL Players... we'd expect to have guys like Tom Brady, LT, and Peyton Manning topping off at least three of those spots ahead of Ware.

oooooooooooooooo....dat evidence looks like somebody got ended!

Supporting information huh? You believe that list was actually generated by execs, coaches, scouts, etc. How many coaches, scouts, execs, etc. do you think really respond or put any time at all into these polls? If they do, they should be fired. And I don't know how much truth there is to PFW's claim that scouts, coaches, and execs actually compiled that list.

Supporting information huh? You believe that list was actually generated by execs, coaches, scouts, etc. How many coaches, scouts, execs, etc. do you think really respond or put any time at all into these polls? If they do, they should be fired. And I don't know how much truth there is to PFW's claim that scouts, coaches, and execs actually compiled that list.

You're gonna try to convince us that we should believe you over a poll of scouts/coaches published by a magazine that's been in circulation since 1967.

Good luck with that one.

You're gonna try to convince us that we should believe you over a poll of scouts/coaches published by a magazine that's been in circulation since 1967.

Good luck with that one.

Well, they are a magazine that's sole purpose is to make a profit. Printing stuff favorable to the Cowboys is beneficial to the bottom line, so yes, I find PFW very suspect.

If PBS ran this story it might actually have some credibility.

Good luck with that one.

Of course. The ATN is the #1 source for unbiased Cowboys information. No agendas here. Plus, there are some experts here that are so good at what they do, they don't even have to be in Oxnard to know EXACTLY what's going on. Just save your $$ on those fluff magazines and tune into ATN TV!!

Of course. The ATN is the #1 source for unbiased Cowboys information. No agendas here. Plus, there are some experts here that are so good at what they do, they don't even have to be in Oxnard to know EXACTLY what's going on. Just save your $$ on those fluff magazines and tune into ATN TV!!

We're just as unbiased around here as any Redskins thread on a Cowboys board. I mean, we're just as unbiased as any Redskins evaluations made by Dallas fans made on our board.

I mean, who can forget your awesome breakdown of the secondaries?

What was it? Newman>Springs and Henry/Pacman > Rogers/Smoot? :laugh:

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=65865

It's a Bills (But I Like Losing Superbowls) message board but it's taken from an ESPN article. These are statistics my friends, not media man crush or any of that bull**** but freaking statistics. Oh, and pay particularly close attention to the tandem in second. I guess Springs is spectacularly unspectacular as well.

Originally Posted by KC Joyner ESPN Insider

2007 Team Cornerbacks Net Att Net Yds YPA

Tampa Bay Ronde Barber/Phillip Buchanon 116 671 5.8

Washington Fred Smoot/Shawn Springs 158 928 5.9

Chicago Trumaine McBride/Charles Tillman 133 808 6.1

Buffalo Jabari Greer/Terrence McGee 169 1,084 6.4

Miami Will Allen/Michael Lehan 129 832 6.4

Cleveland Leigh Bodden/Eric Wright 179 1,226 6.8

Seattle Kelly Jennings/Marcus Trufant 206 1,426 6.9

Detroit Fernando Bryant/Travis Fisher 132 926 7.0

Dallas Anthony Henry/Terence Newman/Jacques Reeves 231 1,630 7.1

Nuff said. :owned:

We're just as unbiased around here as any Redskins thread on a Cowboys board. I mean, we're just as unbiased as any Redskins evaluations made by Dallas fans made on our board.

I mean, who can forget your awesome breakdown of the secondaries?

All you gotta do is show me one credible non-Redskins source that would back your claim that the Redskins have the better CBs. I would be more than happy to rescind my statement. Good luck.

Is KC Joyner credible enough for you? :laugh:

Newman and Henry were both playing injured for much of last year, and Jacques "first down" Reeves was horrible, which is why he's gone and the cowboys brought in so many new corners.

Not of course that any of that will change anyone's opinions, but when healthy they're both very good players, Newman is considered by most people (not here) to be one of the best cover corners in the NFL. Henry was leading the league in INTs before he got hurt.

Is KC Joyner credible enough for you? :laugh:

The KC Joyner numbers only show numbers from the 2007 season and only tells you YPA. Those kind of numbers can be deceiving because they can easily be taken out of context. For example, because the Cowboys scored more points than the Skins last season, teams had to throw more and be less conservative (take shots down the field) against the Cowboys D.

The other flaw in using Joyner's stats to make a claim about who has the better CBs is that it doesn't take Pacman, Jenkins, and Scandrick into account.

Archived