Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do the Cowboys rebuild if they don't win a playoff game?

Westbrook36

Let's face facts, this is a make or break year for the media's preemptive favorite in the NFC, the Dallas Cowboys.

Their best player on offense will be 36 next year playing a position where the stats progressively diminish once a player crosses the 30-32 year threshold.

Their franchise QB will have went yet another year without showing he can win A big game. How could he ever recover?

Their best player on defense is disgruntled and seems to be moving towards being Terry Glenned by the team if another season ends in disappointment.

They have a collection of bad attitudes and thugs on their team. History tells us that people devoid of personal character are the first to lash out and spiral a team downward once things start going badly.

Their coach is the definition of lame duck. Anything other than a Superbowl appearance will show him the door at the end of the year.

Make no mistake, if the Cowboys fail to win a playoff game this year, it might be another 3-5 years before they even have the opportunity.

I think there would be little change in their RB, QB, TE, and OL situations. I think regardless of how things go in the preseason, they'll be looking to change their WR situation in the offseason.

On defense I think their CB situation remains relatively stable. Outside of that, they could certainly blow up the defense if things don't go well in December. Roy Williams, Zack Thomas, Greg Ellis, and Tank Johnson are all potential casualties of another late-season swoon.

Their best player on defense is disgruntled and seems to be moving towards being Terry Glenned by the team if another season ends in disappointment.

Who are you calling their best player on defense? Demarcus Ware is arguably the best defensive player in the entire division, and he is no where near disgruntled.

Way to many things can happen and its a long way from now to next season to even worry about any of this at this point and time

It's never to early to address a hypothetical like this. When the parameters are laid out, you're essentially fast-forwarding to January.

I would think Dallas would give it one more run. There is no question that they are very talented. They might add a piece or two (WR?) but I don't believe they'll blow it up to rebuild.

I think poke fans will have to face facts, Romo sits to pee has absolutely not ever won a single postseason game EVER in his career. He is a career choker and just can't win the big one

While I think Romo sits to pee is overrated, the same thing was said about Peyton Manning for a long time.

Poke fans simply do not want to address anything that doesn't say they are the best in the NFC. When faced with facts, they run to nfl.com or ESPN articles saying how great they are.

Last year was the first year they ever looked better than average in a long long time. Now, the true team played towards the end of the year and we seen what happened. Yet, Puke fans just keep pointing at 13 probowlers and 13 wins as if this is an indicator of future success. It's going to be a long fun drop down to mediocrity this year.

Of course it is not to be taken seriously; it doesn't say you are the favorite to win the Superbowl. You can only talk about how great your annointed team is; even though the current collection has never even won a playoff game! You are simply delusional. I'm sure your fears can be soothed by a 10 minute visit to a Puke board.

Poke fans simply do not want to address anything that doesn't say they are the best in the NFC. When faced with facts, they run to nfl.com or ESPN articles saying how great they are.

Last year was the first year they ever looked better than average in a long long time. Now, the true team played towards the end of the year and we seen what happened. Yet, Puke fans just keep pointing at 13 probowlers and 13 wins as if this is an indicator of future success. It's going to be a long fun drop down to mediocrity this year.

Then as a so called Eagles fan, just enjoy it. If Dallas is going to suck that bad, you should be thrilled, and on the edge of your seat just counting the days until they drop below 500 and are eliminated form playoff possibilities....which according to TR1 will be somewhere around week 8.

I happen to think that the team is on schedule and ready to make a step towards a playoff win. Thats it...nothing more. We can revisit that later in the season, when key plyers like: Romo sits to pee, T.O, Newman...etc are still playing and are healthy/not healthy. At this point when they havent even played preseason game 1, its too F-ing early to tell. That goes for 93.75% of the NFL. Only NE and Indy are teams that you can look at and say "yes, they have a great chance at a SB run.

Do i give a rats behind what ESPN, nfl.com or TR1.com says about how great the Cowboys are? NO. Do I look at their 13-3 record as an indicator of this upcoming season? NO. I look at what is about to happen this year...for good or for bad....its going to happen soon enough.

Gee Romo sits to pee should be out of the league, you mean he has started in the NFL for 1.5 years (26 starts) and has yet to win a playoff game in 2 tries........:doh:

You are going to have to try much harder then that weak attempt Westy in order to be like your hero TR1...He is much better at this, then you will ever be:2cents:

Where are all these facts we have to face? I can't seem to find many included with all your opinions.

Fact: Best O player (debateable its TO) will begin the season at 35 and will turn 36 as Dallas makes its push for the playoffs. Most players at 35/36 will have less success than when they were 30-32.

I can face that fact and agree.

It is hard to "face facts" when you present just one. It would appear some would rather not respond to your many opinions.

Of course it is not to be taken seriously; it doesn't say you are the favorite to win the Superbowl. You can only talk about how great your annointed team is; even though the current collection has never even won a playoff game! You are simply delusional. I'm sure your fears can be soothed by a 10 minute visit to a Puke board.

Yes, this current collection is 0-2 in the playoffs.......making yet another great point that in those numerous years without aplayoff win has NOTHING TO DO with this current team. This CURRENT team is on the edge and it scares the crap outta you, being that your a so called Eagle fan, and that window of opportunity done shut the minute T.O walked out on you and the rest of you battery chucking fans. Good luck watching Keven Kolb take the reigns 1/2 way through this season.

Who are you calling their best player on defense? Demarcus Ware is arguably the best defensive player in the entire division, and he is no where near disgruntled.
I was wondering the same thing when the guy said "best defensive player". If he is speaking of Roy Williams, that is not their best defensive player. Ware and Newman easily surpass him. But I hope the Cowboys suck this year!:dallasuck

Yes, this current collection is 0-2 in the playoffs.......making yet another great point that in those numerous years without aplayoff win has NOTHING TO DO with this current team. This CURRENT team is on the edge and it scares the crap outta you, being that your a so called Eagle fan, and that window of opportunity done shut the minute T.O walked out on you and the rest of you battery chucking fans. Good luck watching Keven Kolb take the reigns 1/2 way through this season.

I'm so scared just imagining yet another Christmas where the Eagles completely embarass the Pukes on National TV.

I do adress the serious post, its just that the OP is not one to be taken serious.

Cool.

Do you agree with me that another first-playoff-game loss would still mean very little turnover within the organization?

I just don't see how they can tear apart all the pieces they've put together even if they lose their first post-season game.

Archived