Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do Pro Bowls Count for Anything ? ? ?

ImRickJamesB

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Yes, and I'm sure your viewpoint on the Pro Bowl would remain the same if the Skins had 13 Pro Bowl players while the Cowboys only had a few players make it, with none of them starters.

No, I wouldn't change my mind if it were 13 Redskins players that made it, not if they went 13-3 that season... If a teams 13-3, odds are, most of their players selected were well deserving... Now 13 is a lot, so I might question a few of them, just as a few of the Cowboys selected last year are questionable, or at least were on the bubble with other players...

Roy Williams, didn't really make the team, he was an alternate... So that makes 12 really....

The rest of these players I view as guys who were "on the bubble", meaning they were pretty much just as good as any of the other players in consideration, but the only thing that really puts them ahead of the other's is their teams record...

Kicker Nick Folk, he's a kicker.... He was pretty good last year, but was only selected on the teams record, and those back to back 53 yarders versus Buffalo... He doesn't really count... So that makes 11...

Andre Gurode, as a blocker, he's one of the leagues top Centers, but I understand Skins fans (or other teams fans) questioning the selection of a Center who routinely had problems with shotgun-snaps....

I was somewhat surprised Marion Barber made it... But last season, I think there was like 5 other RB's who were all equally deserving of the final RB spot... Barber probaby got the nod based on running-style and his teams record... However, I have no problem with people questioning a guy who was a backup the whole season being a Pro Bowler...

I think the rest of the Cowboys players were clearly deserving of the honor...

Even with 13 players in Hawaii, I can still think of 1 Dallas player who was IMO snubbed, Anthony Henry... Dude was 3rd in the NFC in Interceptions (5th in NFL) with 6, he was also 7th in the NFC for Pass-Deflections with 19, and all that in only 10 Starts... Henry was passed over in favor of Al Harris, who started all 16 games, had 2 Int's and 9 PDef's... Harris was one only a few players that (imo) shouldn't have made the 2007 team.....

The recurring theme here is a teams record... Usually the best (regular season) teams will have the most players in the Pro Bowl... That seems to be the determining factor if numerous players are close or equally derserving of a roster spot, and I have no problem with that.....

Perhaps the next poll should question hypocricy and holier-than-though attitudes instead.

My bad..... It didn't sound so pompous in my head, but now that you mention it.........

Archived