Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

bloggingthepukes: Dallas Cowboys training camp: Practice #9

tr1

Sounds like MB is still looking like crap. And nice to see TO have at least one drop each day. :laugh:

by Dave Halprin (Grizz) on Jul 31, 2008 8:09 PM CDT in News

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2008/7/31/584162/dallas-cowboys-training-ca

Full pads today in cool weather for the Dallas Cowboys and Tony Romo sits to pee’s squeeze Jessica Simpson made an appearance at camp. DeMarcus Ware sat out the practice. After the obligatory positional drills and stretching they ran a drill for the first time that I’ve seen: LB vs. RB/TE 1-on-1 drills. I didn’t get to see all of it because of the players blocking the view but I managed to peek a few of the matchups. Bradie got around Cricket, Carpenter abused Julius Crosslin [Who? :laugh: ] and Walden bull-rushed Curtis to the QB. Ellis pancaked Cricket and Ronnie Cruz did a good job on Bradie. Walden got around Curtis, Felix put Burnett on the ground and MB3 decked Tyson Smith, actually hurting him to the point where he stayed on the ground for a few minutes.

They followed with a long session of skeleton passing drills and technique work for the defensive groups. Next we got WR vs. CB 1-on-1 drills right in front of where we were sitting. T.O. abused Scandrick on a double-move, Crayton caught a slant on AJ, and Bennett got a catch against Watkins. Jenkins had blanket coverage on Austin and broke up the pass, Hurd caught a quick slant on Oglesby who popped him to the turf, then Bennett got a catch on Courtney Brown. Scandrick had good coverage on Jefferson disrupting the pass and Stanback had a catch on Henry. Lowber caught an out on Jenkins then Amendola broke AJ’s ankles sending him to the turf. Roy was all over Drew Atchison and broke up the pass. Crayton shook loose for a fade but wasn’t ready for the ball when it arrived and missed it. T.O. caught one on Jenkins who had good coverage but didn’t get his head turned. Hurd caught a quick slant on Jenkins, Atchison beat Hamlin and Scandrick got inside on Austin to disrupt the pass.

Stanback caught one on Oglesby, AJ was on T.O. but the pass was off-target, then Jenkins pushed Bradford to the turf on a double-move, probably pass interference. Lowber made an excellent catch on Henry, Amendola beat Scandrick, and Austin caught a slant on Oglesby. Hurd had no problem shaking Jenkins, AJ had a nice breakup on Jefferson and Crayton beat Scandrick because he didn’t get his head turned. Braford and Henry battled but the pass was overthrown and Stanback beat Jenkins. They tried an out pass to Lowber but Oglesby jumped it and made an INT. Scandrick got good coverage on Amendola then T.O. caught one on AJ but he pushed off to do it and was flagged (they had refs at today’s practice) although I think it was one of the defensive backs who pulled the flag out and threw it. Austin had a great catch against Jenkins and Bradford caught one on Henry.

They broke for special teams and were practicing punts with AJ, Amendola and Crayton returning them.

Next up was 7-on-7. Romo sits to pee started with a dumpoff to MB3 then T.O. dropped a TD catch after beating Jenkins. After another MB3 dumpoff, Witten got across Burnett for catch, Austin caught another crossing pattern and then Cricket pulled up short on his pattern for an incompletion. Brad started with a pass intended for Choice but Bobby Carpenter broke it up. Stanback caught a short one but relaxed and Roy dislodged the ball for a fumble. Crayton caught one underneath on Scandrick, Stanback caught one in a huge hole in the zone, and then Atchison caught a short one. Bartel hit Hannah on a short one on Dowayne Davis.

Romo sits to pee was back and hit Witten short, Crayton caught one in the middle when Zach got too deep and then Romo sits to pee hit Crayton because Oglesby showed the blitz too soon and Romo sits to pee read it. Curtis caught a short one, Felix split wide on the next play but the pass went to Witten then Crayton caught one short on Scandrick. Brad connected with Crayton again in front of Bradie and Roy, Austin put a stutter-step move on Scandrick to shake loose and Hurd also got free on Scandrick. Brad managed to get all the flow of the defense one way then came back and hit Coleman on a swing pass for a TD. Bartel tried to hit Hannah but Justin Rogers broke it up although it was possible interference. He finished with an attempt to Jefferson but Davis got a hand in to disrupt it.

Next was special teams for kickoffs and the combination returning the kicks were: Austin and Stanback, Felix and Amendola, AJ and Hurd, Jenkins and Scandrick.

They got back together for a closing session of 11-on-11. Spears was at NT with the starters again and when the number one offense went to three-wide it was T.O. Crayton and Hurd. Bobby Carpenter was again with the second team as they moved Rogers outside because Ware sat out practice.

Romo sits to pee started out with a short pass to MB3 but Canty would have gotten the sack. MB3 ran the ball but Ratliff was in the hole, then a play-action pass went incomplete because Spencer had good pressure. Romo sits to pee hit Witten on a short one but he had a ton of open field ahead of him. Next was a surprise handoff to Cricket with Zach charging in for the tackle, after the play Cricket was jumping up and down because he actually got a run. Romo sits to pee finished by hitting T.O. on a slant for a TD on Henry. Brad started with a run to Choice but Bowen had good position then Tyler Everett jumped and tipped a pass intended for Jefferson that Courtney Brown caught for an INT but the refs ruled pass interference negating the play. Oglesby broke up a pass intended for Hurd but Walden schooled McQ on the edge and made him hold to stop him from the sack. Coleman then took a handoff but Carpenter dragged him down. Bartel had to get rid of the ball because Tank blew up the middle and was in his face. He finished with a high throw to Bradford that he couldn’t catch.

Romo sits to pee came back in and ran a draw to MB3 who blew through a huge hole in the middle of the defense. Next, Crayton was covered by Carpenter but Romo sits to pee squeezed in a perfect pass that only Crayton could catch. Next was an errant pass to T.O., Austin dropped a quick slant, T.O. caught one on Carpenter over the middle followed by Crayton and Scandrick’s feet getting tangled up for an incompletion. Brad handed it to Choice but Canty made the stop, followed by a poor pass then Burnett blitzed and got good pressure forcing a dump pass to Curtis. Bartel handed off to Coleman who had a beautiful cutback run and the last play was an incompletion.

Tomorrow is a two-a-day, but the second practice report will be a sketchy report at best because I have to do two radio interviews while at practice.

Wow, if Pacman can't cover an UDFA without getting his ankles broke, how is he gonna shutdown the vast majority of receivers in the league? I don't understand.

You have participated in 1 on 1 drills before..... right?

If not, and its ok, you have observed 1 on 1 drills.... right?

If so..... well I guess if you understood 1 on 1 drills you would find it quite common for CB's to get beat deep/short whatever the route..

If so..... well I guess if you understood 1 on 1 drills you would find it quite common for CB's to get beat deep/short whatever the route..

Come on man, don't try to church it up. He got his ankles broke by a guy who wasn't even drafted. :laugh:

Come on man, don't try to church it up. He got his ankles broke by a guy who wasn't even drafted. :laugh:

Its a simple answer: Yes, I have participated/witnessed 1 on 1 drills and found it totally obvious the advantage the receivers have during this drill....

But I will throw all knowledge out and say "Oh **** the Cowboys are so screwed because an UDFA beat AJ during 1 on 1's. I also saw TNew got worked pretty good during this drill too, I bet both of these guys get cut because they are getting beat by these no name players!"

Its a simple answer: Yes, I have participated/witnessed 1 on 1 drills and found it totally obvious the advantage the receivers have during this drill....

But I will throw all knowledge out and say "Oh **** the Cowboys are so screwed because an UDFA beat AJ during 1 on 1's. I also saw TNew got worked pretty good during this drill too, I bet both of these guys get cut because they are getting beat by these no name players!"

Funny how upset you are over this. When Terrell was beating him it was "well it's TO, nobody can cover him all the time", now it's some UDFA who's chances are pretty slim of catching on in the NFL and it's because "it's 1 on 1 drills, everyone gets their ankles broke by undrafted rookie receivers". Gotta love it! :laugh:

BTW, your explanation of 1 on 1 drills is hilarious, Like you provided some sort of real insight on something that's pretty obvious to anybody who has ever played backyard football. :laugh:

Funny how upset you are over this. When Terrell was beating him it was "well it's TO, nobody can cover him all the time", now it's some UDFA who's chances are pretty slim of catching on in the NFL and it's because "it's 1 on 1 drills, everyone gets their ankles broke by undrafted rookie receivers". Gotta love it! :laugh:

BTW, your explanation of 1 on 1 drills is hilarious, Like you provided some sort of real insight on something that's pretty obvious to anybody who has ever played backyard football. :laugh:

which is prolly everyone on this forum minus TR1!

Dude you have played football before....right?

No? You've at least watched football before...right?

If so....well, I guess you understand people get tackled and stuff. And there's a guy called the QB who throws the ball.

Look out, everyone, Coach is back with his incredible football knowledge. :laugh:

:laugh:

And apparently, Coach has dementia. Repeating oneself so frequently is the first sign.

:laugh:

Armchair, you do realize the pukes are perfect, don't you?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You need to realize... This is

Danny ****ing Amendola

we are talking about! Championship!

I heard Amendola was posting in his lockers "DB's who can't cover me":

so far it's

Deangelo Fall

Chump Bailey

Antonio No-Martie

Up-and Adam Jones

Terrence Wo-man

Sheldon't Brown

Al Embarrassed Harris

Dead Smoot

Chris McAllaughter

Samari Rolled, Antrell Rolled

Deltha O'no

Brodney Poo

Marlin Wack-son

Marcus False-Fant

Late Clements

David Archuleta

Daniel Man-Boy

Ron-gay Boober

Troy Polamal -Who?

Darelle Beavis

If its so obvious, why do people seem suprised that such a thing happened? Thats what I am curious about....

I seen that Pacman got his ankle broke by some generic non drafted WR. That's funny. What's to debate?

I don't know how puke fans can expect a guy who has spent more time in court than on a football field in the last 18 months to be good this year.

Just unreal.

Archived