Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Post: Landry Out for Sunday's Game

santana_4_prez

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/30/AR2008073002900.html

With his strained hamstring still not cooperating, safety LaRon Landry said he would sit out Sunday.

"It's a hamstring so it's a time thing," Landry said. "I'm feeling better and everything, but I don't know how I'd be going full speed."

Another starter not playing on Sunday. I'm a little disappointed so many starters are not at 100% and won't be playing...but I'm still stoked to actually watch some "real" football! Hopefully LL will be playing by the second preseason game.

Even if the starters were playing, it wouldn't be for very long.

Honestly, I think the whole exhibition game for the Hall of Fame is a little silly. Everybody knows it's going to be backups playing most of the game, which means it's not much of an exhibition.

With guys like Landry, you know what you are getting. IMO he doesn't need to play in any preseason action (or at the very least, a few series in the final game), with the hope of fully resting that hammy. I too echo your feelings though of just being excited to watch football . . . and while most of our guys who will be playing against the Giants will not be in action, it'll still be great to see our burgundy and gold on the field . . . plus things like the battle between Brooks and Frost, how the young offensive line depth is doing, etc.

Smart. I'm not going to feel tremendously better if Landry would have batted down a Jim Sorgi ball.

I'm definitely excited to see the game, but I'm interested in seeing how the Zorn offense operates (how long it takes for the play to get in, how long we wait to snap the ball, etc.) and checking out the young talent.

I trust the defense will be solid, if not spectacular.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/30/AR2008073002900.html

Another starter not playing on Sunday. I'm a little disappointed so many starters are not at 100% and won't be playing...

It is better if the players are 100% when we play the Giants and forward. We all want to see the starters in pre-season games but it 1000% better to see them healthy and in the regular season games.

I like Zorn's philosophy of: If its early in the season and your injury starts feeling good, take another week to make sure its completely gone.

Don't need to start the ham string game just yet.

Plus: Manning isn't playing.

How many of our starters do you think you're going to see for more than 1 or 2 series anyways?

It's just not worth him risking injury in a preseason game.

I know we're all hyped up and everything... But preseason means NOTHING. Zero. Nada. Its just fun to see the team back out there again. If a guy isn't 100%, let him sit.

Everyone can't wait for the preseason games to start....we are dying for action.

Then, about one quarter into the first preseason game, you remember how much they suck.

Screw the preseason, bring on the real thing!

Today was the first I heard he was ruled out for the game...and I am constantly checking numerous sites. Maybe you heard something I didn't?

I read it on NFL.com reports last night;)

I'd rather he NOT play and heal then play and irritate his injury :2cents: ; besides that, Peyton won't be there for him to "hit" :laugh:

. . . plus things like the battle between Brooks and Frost . . .

Yes! Can't wait for Colt's first three and out! Bring out The Leg.

Anyone who wants to see starters in pre-season is a selfish masochist. Let the A Team watch from air-conditioned suites, PLEASE!

Let them practice gently and pretend tackle. Peel grapes for them and trim all their fingernails. Wrap them in bubblewrap and stow them in styrofoam peanuts until September.

- FUF

Archived