Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Andy Pollin really a Skins fan?

andyburd

I was watching Washington Post Live last night and just had to turn it off. I usually like the show on Comcast, but it is impossible to watch or even listen to Andy Pollin. I don't think this guy ever says one thing positive about anything. He kept going on and on about how JC was going to be at best, a mediocre QB. Then he just gave every reason why he thought Jim Zorn would fail as a HC. How can this guy call himself a fan of the Skins.

I have been away from the DC area for a while now, but I think this guy keeps getting worse and worse every time I hear him. I wish they would remove this guy off the media completely. How does this guy have so much power? His uncle Abe maybe?

** Channeling my inner-psychologist **

I actually think he's a big Redskin fan and wants very badly for them to do well. I think this due to just the little things he remembers/mentions about the glory years.

I feel like his apathy is an act or his way of dumbing down expectations so he can be pleasantly surprised.

My old man is the same way. He constantly ****es about the quality of the team, tells me they suck, and is generally looking towards next year around week 3...Unless they win, then he is pumping his fists and screaming...He tells me he is negative becuase he hates getting his hopes up, only to have them dashed against the rocks. I am the opposite, an eternal optimist, I would be praising the leadership capabilties of Joe Torre if Danny boy decided to hire him away from baseball to be the next skins coach. I would be predicting a super bowl even if DS had a "Who wants to be the next coach of the redskins Contest" and a sixth grade girl from Taiwan won.

I was watching Washington Post Live last night and just had to turn it off. I usually like the show on Comcast, but it is impossible to watch or even listen to Andy Pollin. I don't think this guy ever says one thing positive about anything. He kept going on and on about how JC was going to be at best, a mediocre QB. Then he just gave every reason why he thought Jim Zorn would fail as a HC. How can this guy call himself a fan of the Skins.

I have been away from the DC area for a while now, but I think this guy keeps getting worse and worse every time I hear him. I wish they would remove this guy off the media completely. How does this guy have so much power? His uncle Abe maybe?

THANK YOU LORD!!!:applause:

I have been ranting and ****ing about this jerk for sometime lately. Honestly, I feel like he echoes whatever Steve Czaben's sentiments are. I feel that he doesn't have any original thought.

With that said, the history that team has been having, I think for this idiots, it has just become more of a pride thing. Its easy for them to make out the team to be less than what they might be or might be able to be, than to try and give praise in any one particular area and be wrong.

I have been listening to these guys for a long time now and hear the same stupid **** over and over. Their style is to point out positive things that can't be argued no matter how the team does. Like..."The thing I like about Zorn is his refreshing openess to discuss the state of the team." That is typically what him/Czabe say from a positive P.O.V about Zorn. If the team fails or prevails, they are still right.

Their arguments are totaling lacking in quality and are weak. Many times they don't even sound well informed. I DON'T think he is a Redskins fan. Who was it they had on the air that is a Philly fan. I think its him...

My old man is the same way. He constantly ****es about the quality of the team, tells me they suck, and is generally looking towards next year around week 3...Unless they win, then he is pumping his fists and screaming...He tells me he is negative becuase he hates getting his hopes up, only to have them dashed against the rocks. I am the opposite, an eternal optimist, I would be praising the leadership capabilties of Joe Torre if Danny boy decided to hire him away from baseball to be the next skins coach. I would be predicting a super bowl even if DS had a "Who wants to be the next coach of the redskins Contest" and a sixth grade girl from Taiwan won.

Elementary school kids from Taiwan are pretty bright...I think you'd have legitimate reasons to be optimistic in that case.

I personally can't stand him. He is just as, if not more negative than Czaban. He just seems like a gumpy old man with no friends.

I concur. I think that he believes that he's being "ojbective", but he comes off sounding like he's a commentator for the Dallas Cowboys.

I understand not having high hopes knocked down. But this guy goes out of his way to find ways to knock the team which almost leave you wondering. Its one thing to say, "Well, with a new coach there a lot of question marks. He at least was a pro QB, came from Homgren...blah blah blah." He says stuff like, "He was never an assistant. He was a last minute hire by Snyder. What bothers me is why no one else was looking to hire him before Snyder." Where are the positive? Hello...not EVERY head coach hired was being sought out by multiple teams. Many of the best coaches were found without much public awareness. See Bill Belichick

This is the same guy who used an entire segment to talk about how its possible that the skins got Jason Taylor just to turn around and trade him for Brett Favre. I don't care if he is a skins fan or not. He's an idiot and I don't understand why people listen to him/pay him to talk nonsense like that.

Pollin and Czaban are similar in that they both GREW UP as Redskin fans, but have become so bitter over the years, to the point where I actually believe it's no longer accurate to call them "fans" of the team.

It's clear if you listen to them at all that they take more pleasure in the Redskins' misery than they do in any measure of success the team has. They're just bitter, grumpy fat guys who get off on slamming the team, regardless of the issue or question.

The most frustrating thing about them is that because they grew up as Skins fans, they think that gives them a license to hate on everything Redskin-related. They have a lot of people fooled. Some people actually think those idiots are Redskin fans.

I so badly want the Skins to kick ass this year, not only because I'm a fan, but also to make people like those jerks look like fools. Gawd I hope Campbell just lights it up this year and Zorn is in the running for Coach of the Year.

Glad to know there are others who cannot stand this guy. It is horrible that people get jobs just because who they know or because of who they are related to. It is one thing to be negative . . . hell, one can argue being negative is just being realistic. But damn, he just takes it to another level like Czaban. To be honest with you though, the negativity isn't what bothers me the most about him. It is the arrogance (or what I perceive to be arrogance) in which he does his job. That I cannot stand.

Alright, which one of you edited this... :laugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Pollin

"He is a total douche bag and should not be on the radio. He is Czaben's mini-me and sounded like a total idiot when he phoned in ESPN to give his commentary about the Jason Taylor trade. His remarks about Six Flags are uninformed and have no bearing on the Redskins operations which make him sound even more foolish."

:rotflmao:

ESowned

Since when does 'commentator' necessarily have to equal 'fan'. I don't need to turn on every channel and hear a Skins lovefest. After all, that's what this site is for!

Hey man, that's fine. But the problem is Pollin and Czaban hide behind being "fans," so they can say whatever crap they want to about the team and sound credible doing it. If they would just for once and for all admit they are not fans of the team, then their comments could be put into their proper perspective, and a lot of the hand-wringing would end.

But of course, you'd still have the problem of them not using facts to back up their arguments.

"He is a total douche bag and should not be on the radio. He is Czaben's mini-me and sounded like a total idiot when he phoned in ESPN to give his commentary about the Jason Taylor trade. His remarks about Six Flags are uninformed and have no bearing on the Redskins operations which make him sound even more foolish."

ESowned

DMH, if I'm not mistaken, you have quite the fascination with this mysterious, "Wikipedia", is there something you'd like to confess? Eh?

Alright, which one of you edited this... :laugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Pollin

He is a total douche bag and should not be on the radio. He is Czaben's mini-me and sounded like a total idiot when he phoned in ESPN to give his commentary about the Jason Taylor trade. His remarks about Six Flags are uninformed and have no bearing on the Redskins operations which make him sound even more foolish.

HAHAHA

Since when does 'commentator' necessarily have to equal 'fan'. I don't need to turn on every channel and hear a Skins lovefest. After all, that's what this site is for!

Again, it is one thing to be negative, for that can just be seen as realistic. Unfortunately we have two extremes - guys like Andy, Czaban, B. Mitchell, etc. on one end and Larry Michael on the other. It would be best to find a middle ground where you are not bashing EVERYTHING the skins do while neither praising EVERYTHING they do. Both extremes are annoying.

But back to Andy and the point of this thread, he just doesn't seem to offer anything informative or scholarly when it comes to the Skins . . . he just bashes them with Czaban. If you want to criticize them, then fine . . . it's definitely ok to do so . . . but at least do it when it is warranted. Don't do it because you are have an axe to grind, a personal agenda, or are using the convenient cop out that you are a "pissed off fan who has become fed up with the team."

Hey man, that's fine. But the problem is Pollin and Czaban hide behind being "fans," so they can say whatever crap they want to about the team and sound credible doing it. If they would just for once and for all admit they are not fans of the team, then their comments could be put into their proper perspective, and a lot of the hand-wringing would end.

But of course, you'd still have the problem of them not using facts to back up their arguments.

I've never heard them refer to themselves as 'fans'...but admittedly I don't listen to them all that often.

But man, if I were a sports reporter trying to make a name for myself, all I would need to do is make some negative comments about the Skins.

Comes back to that old saying...if a sports reporter says something bad about the Skins, but no one is there to hear it, does it matter?

:dunce:

I'm just some punk kid, with no college degree what do I know about HTML?

I don't even have a boat!

I wonder when that guy gets to come back to ES.

I'm sure by that time, he's got 20's on his SUV, and ate cookies for dinner 3 nights in a row.

Archived