Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Democrat Congressman to FINALLY actually live in his own district.

Kilmer17

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/south/epaper/2008/07/29/0729wexlerresidence.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=75

Acknowledging that accusations that he doesn't really live in Florida are raising "concerns" among his constituents, Democratic U.S. Rep. Robert Wexler said Tuesday that he will begin leasing an apartment in his congressional district rather than continue to claim residency at his in-laws' home near Delray Beach.

Wexler made the announcement on the same day that his two challengers produced records showing Wexler received property tax breaks by declaring his house in Potomac, Md., a "primary residence" from 1999 to 2002. He also signed a loan document with his wife in 2005 describing the house as "my/our principal residence."

Not a big deal I guess. I mean really, why should a representative for a district actually have to live there right?

Not sure why, but I'm thinking of all kinds of excuses for the guy. And they're lame excuses. And they're the kind of lame excuses that really tick me off when I see other people use them.

So much so that I'm reluctant to mention them, here.

Archived