Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Top 20 Albums of All Time (For Real)

ttr77

Sorry, but this list is terrible.

I saw George Michael's "Faith" at 20 and stopped reading.

And it's retarded to use "Grammy award value" and/or "Sales value" as meters for how good an album is. By that logic, Milli Vanilli, Britney Spears, N'Sync, etc... are "better" than Diana Ross, Neil Young, Queen, Bob Marley, or Janis Joplin because they made more money and got more Grammys. :rolleyes:

And the notion, in the preface to the list, that: "the idea is to completely remove your personal opinion from the process..." is pretty dumb too. Being a music fan implies nothing BUT subjectivity. You can't look at music (or any form of art, for that matter) like a frickin' robot. :jerk:

Sad that no albums made in the last 17 years did either...

I think this is because he uses sales data as a significant portion of his ratings. In the past 10 years you've had the explosion of the internet and CD sales have declined. I'm not sure if he's counting sales of online music services like itunes, Napster, etc. Because with those services you can buy a-la-carte. Whereas with CDs you have to buy the entire album.

I think this is because he uses sales data as a significant portion of his ratings. In the past 10 years you've had the explosion of the internet and CD sales have declined. I'm not sure if he's counting sales of online music services like itunes, Napster, etc. Because with those services you can buy a-la-carte. Whereas with CDs you have to buy the entire album.

Yet another reason the list sucks balls...

as soon as I saw Faith I knew it was BS.

as soon as I saw 4 Zep albums I knew they were old

as soon as I saw no rap albums I figured they were stupid.

and as soon as I saw that Thriller wasnt number 1 I knew this list was full of ****. Anyone who remembers the dawning of MTV knows that MJ was king.

I saw George Michael's "Faith" at 20 and stopped reading.

Mike, I had to re-quote ourselves here to mark this momentous occasion: the first time you and I've agreed on ANYTHING in the tailgate!

:cheers:

No, licensed to ill ?

Not that I want to turn this into a greatest rap thread, we have been there and done that.

But As Mike pointed out, Thriller not at #1 ? BS.

Like I said if you are 30 or around that age you can't say you didnt know at least one person who owned the red zipper jacket and you most likely tried to learn how to moonwalk after his music award show.

the dude was as bad as he claimed to be and I dont know anyone who wasnt either a fan or fanatic. I remember my whole family going to my neighbors house to watch the premiere of Thriller. We couldnt afford cable :laugh:

as soon as I saw 4 Zep albums I knew they were old

as soon as I saw no rap albums I figured they were stupid.

and as soon as I saw that Thriller wasnt number 1 I knew this list was full of ****. Anyone who remembers the dawning of MTV knows that MJ was king.

BigMike nails it for a perfect 10 post! :notworthy

Archived