Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is your woulda, coulda, shoulda moment of the off-season?

Redskins Reparations

We shoulda drafted another position of need other than punter.

I mean... I like Durant Brooks and all.

But if he doesn't beat out Frosty for punting duties in the pre-season, that draft pick was totally wasted.

Maybe Vinny and Co. just ran out of ideas near the end of the draft and Danny Smith decided to speak up.

Campbell = 3-4 DE

But, now that we've lost Phillip Daniels and overpaid for Taylor...maybe it wouldn't have such a bad idea.

Campbell is a 3-4 DE WHY?

Because he plaed a 4-3 in college and is playing in a 4-3 @ AZ? Ok.....:silly:

Mine was Davis instead of a DE. Both Groves and Campbell were sitting there and it was pretty obvious we realy needed a LDE. We had to trade for both James (good trade) and Taylor (backed into a wall trade) to address this area.

Campbell is a 3-4 DE WHY?

Because he plaed a 4-3 in college and is playing in a 4-3 @ AZ? Ok.....:silly:

Mine was Davis instead of a DE. Both Groves and Campbell were sitting there and it was pretty obvious we realy needed a LDE. We had to trade for both James (good trade) and Taylor (backed into a wall trade) to address this area.

Was he?

My bad.

I thought that was the knock on him coming here.

I think we traded down a little too often in the later rounds. Also would have liked to have seen us get some LB depth somewhere.

And as far as Calias Campbell goes, the way I see it Palermo coached both him and E. James. The fact that Palermo had enough pull to get the trade done for injury prone James, makes me think that if he thought Campbell was worth the 2nd rounder, they would have got him. Me thinks Palermo know something about Campbell the rest of us don't.

Though Groves or even Jason Jones might have been nice.

We should have taken Bryan Johnston out of Gardner Webb in the sixth or seventh rounds.

We can still sign Randall Godfrey and I wouldn't be surprised if we did.

I like taking two WRs in the second because of the value they had. Fred Davis was somewhat questionable but if we use 2 TE sets, then it was a good move considering he was considered the best all-around TE in the draft. Calais Campbell would have been the other option instead of him; however, if his old Dline coach didn't think enough of him to push for him, then perhaps it was the right move.

Well all in all I would say there wasnt too many real problems with THIS offseason when we are comparing to the past couple of offseasons. I wish the deal with Gregg Williams would have gone over alot smoother. We coulve gone without the consistent Cowpukes gonna win the super bowl this year talk. We couldve gone without the Chad Johnson talk, as well as Brett Farve talks. WE SHOULDVE stretched our guys out alot better so these hammys dont continue to reoccur. We coulda gotten Durant Brooks later in the draft and picked up someone. We SHOULDA won the Chief Zee polls. We wouldve won the Chief Zee poll if it wasnt for that philly fan. We COULDA hired a hitman to whack that philly fan. We shoulda had Sean Taylor in an interview on how he is liking the bigger WRS to practice against. We coulda had #21 still on the field if some punks didnt try to be gangsters. Those punks SHOULDA gotten the nod for the death penalty (i hear they will not pursue it) And finally next year I hope we dont need a woulda, coulda, shoulda moment thread...hopefully its all of us kicking back and laughing and pointing at the Cowpukes asking when was the last time YOU won a super bowl...then they will reply "WE HAVE 5 OF THEM" We will laugh and say only 1 more than us - and hey WE WON IT this year - you guys still cant win a playoff game.

Was he?

My bad.

I thought that was the knock on him coming here.

It was a knock by people that didnt bother to find anything about him, and they just keeep regurgitating it. He was 6'8 and around 285 coming out. Really tall for a inside guy and kinda light for his hieght to being going against tackles. In this case a couple peoples perception became reality. Odd, considering Daneils came in at 300 pounds this year at 6'4 and no one considered THAT a 3-4 only DE. Even if he can play DT.

Everyone says we overpaid for Jason Taylor. A second-rounder this year and a sixth-rounder next year was completely reasonable. Besides, we can always maneuver to get those picks back like we did this past season. That's a completely cool price to pay after we had such a great draft this year. We won't have as many holes to fill next season. We've already done receiver - in fact, we've got so many receivers I don't think we can possibly get another one. We're fine at TE. We got a QB. We've acquired several DL, we could use a LB but we wouldn't need to draft one in the second round anyway, and we've got enough DBs, OL, RBs...what would have been enough of a need position to take a player in the 2nd-round? Besides, if we do well this year, we more than likely would have reached for a 3rd-rounder or something.

I kind of wish we would have gotten a corner as opposed to Fred Davis, but there wasn't really much value at CB where we were. And we got Tryon, so I suppose all is forgiven.

If there's one thing I would have done, it would have been to take about 10 pounds off of CP. When he ran for 1500 yards in '05, he didn't weigh any more than 210 pounds. I think 220+ is a bit too much because it kills some of his evasiveness. He can still move pretty well, but I'd prefer it if he were something like 210-215 instead of 220+.

And I'm just glad that the Rams are stupid. They should have taken either Kelly or Thomas, but they went with Eddie freaking Royal. Eddie Royal! Eddie Royal was not the best receiver on the board at that or at any other time, and was probably worth a 3rd-rounder at best. I think we definitely got the best deal in the 2nd round, but I can't help thinking that the Davis pick was less because we needed a TE and more because there was no value at DE and we really couldn't figure out what to do with the pick.

Remember, the Redskins franchise isn't used to having this many picks to burn. We only had five last year.

I like everything the Skins did except as many have stated mayb adding more depth at LB or CB during the draft would not have been such a bad thing. The Taylor trade is real nice and I think the price we paid will be well worth it when we are the NFC representatives in the Super Bowl.

On a side note I found this hilarious spoof of PTI I thought yall would like.

http://www.digitalfuntown.com/videos/90

This is certainly not my biggest woulda moment, but I kinda wanted the tall ass QB from Tennessee I believe. Something (Chris?) Ainge? Dude was tall as crap. Then again, I trust Zorn drafting QB's and if he didnt want him, than I am okay with that

I am extremely pleased with the way everything has turned out and excited about this year, I have certainly bought into Zorn, but before he was brought on as head coach, I really wanted Mariucci, with Zorn as OC.

So, my take is going to have a little twist to it by saying:

What "woulda" been if Mariucci was hired as head coach? "Woulda" we asked OC Zorn for his input? "Woulda" we drafted 3 play makers on "O"? "Shoulda" we taken a D-end? "Woulda" we have been more aggressive with FA's? "Woulda" I be this excited?

"Shoulda" I not even brought up my "Woulda", "Coulda", "Shoulda's"?

Everyone says we overpaid for Jason Taylor. A second-rounder this year and a sixth-rounder next year was completely reasonable. Besides, we can always maneuver to get those picks back like we did this past season. That's a completely cool price to pay after we had such a great draft this year. We won't have as many holes to fill next season. We've already done receiver - in fact, we've got so many receivers I don't think we can possibly get another one. We're fine at TE. We got a QB. We've acquired several DL, we could use a LB but we wouldn't need to draft one in the second round anyway, and we've got enough DBs, OL, RBs...what would have been enough of a need position to take a player in the 2nd-round? Besides, if we do well this year, we more than likely would have reached for a 3rd-rounder or something.

I kind of wish we would have gotten a corner as opposed to Fred Davis, but there wasn't really much value at CB where we were. And we got Tryon, so I suppose all is forgiven.

If there's one thing I would have done, it would have been to take about 10 pounds off of CP. When he ran for 1500 yards in '05, he didn't weigh any more than 210 pounds. I think 220+ is a bit too much because it kills some of his evasiveness. He can still move pretty well, but I'd prefer it if he were something like 210-215 instead of 220+.

And I'm just glad that the Rams are stupid. They should have taken either Kelly or Thomas, but they went with Eddie freaking Royal. Eddie Royal! Eddie Royal was not the best receiver on the board at that or at any other time, and was probably worth a 3rd-rounder at best. I think we definitely got the best deal in the 2nd round, but I can't help thinking that the Davis pick was less because we needed a TE and more because there was no value at DE and we really couldn't figure out what to do with the pick.

Remember, the Redskins franchise isn't used to having this many picks to burn. We only had five last year.

FYI Rams took Avery not Royal! but your right it still was dumb!:applause:

AVERY HAS PELVIC FRACTURE

Posted by Mike Florio on July 30, 2008, 6:04 a.m.

Rams receiver Donnie Avery, a second-round pick in the 2008 draft and the first overall receiver selected, suffered a small crack in his pelvic bone on Monday after Michael Scott hit him with a car landing on his hip during practice.

The injury isn’t believed to be serious, but Avery missed practice on Tuesday because of it. He could miss anywhere from a few days to a couple weeks, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Other dinged-up players in St. Louis include tight end Anthony Becht, who has a hamstring injury, and center Brett Romberg, who has a hand injury that prevents him from snapping the ball.

I like the way our draft went. I'm usually tend to agree with taking the best available over a need position. We had high grades on Davis and Kelly who slid to mid 2nd round. Cerrato said they didn't go D-Line earlier because they didn't have anybody graded that high when our pick came. I have no problems with that...

Archived