Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Watching Redskins Nation: Secondary

NavyDave

As I type I'm looking at Carlos Rogers fielding and returning punts.

Springs healthy and fit enough to look solid at corner and get work at his future position Safety if he wants to play there.

And hearing the props about our rookie corner Tryon and looking at him stride for stride with Receivers and now working with special teams, I wonder if I am wrong to fight the optimism about our secondary.

I was very impressed with our secondary when I went to the TC. I've heard that Blache has them playing more press, and it seems to show in their aggressiveness. They are very physical with the WRs coming off the line.

I like, I like!!!

Interesting to hear Carlos is fielding punts. It sounds like he's really ahead of schedule and rehabbing hard I just hope he doesn't over do it because we're going to need him.

I think JT Tryon may be a future starter for us. Has there been any news as to how Torrence has performed? I know he isn't too popular on here but I thought he played very well last year considering everything.

Interesting to hear Carlos is fielding punts. It sounds like he's really ahead of schedule and rehabbing hard I just hope he doesn't over do it because we're going to need him.

I don't think it was anyone serious. They were doing special teams. And they were working on punt coverage. And he was the guy catching the punts and jogging 15 yds up field.

That's all. Just to clarify.

I think JT Tryon may be a future starter for us. Has there been any news as to how Torrence has performed? I know he isn't too popular on here but I thought he played very well last year considering everything.

Greg Blache does a weekly interview (was up yesterday on the main site, will be available still) where he spoke about both Tryon and Torrence. Said both are doing well and could have good futures if they want it. Link below if you want to watch the interview which is well worth it IMO.

clicky then scroll down (currently 4th on the list)

Archived