Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some random Skins Superbowl trivia

Forehead

Since some folks are convinced we're going to follow the Giants like the last two times, let's see who can answer these questions. (Note, year is when Super Bowl took place, not year of regular season) During the Skins three Super Bowl victories, who was...

The National Anthem Singer:

1992: Harry Connick Jr. (Redskins Anonymous)

The Ceremonial Coin-Tosser:

The Halftime Performance (List all):

1988: Chubby Checker (nightbird)

1992: Gloria Estefan (ttr77) *Two others needed

The Commentators (List All):

1983: Dick Enberg and Merlin Olsen (RFK Lives)

1988: Al Michaels, Dan Dierdorf, Frank Gifford (ttr77)

1992: John Madden and Pat Summerall (PleaseBlitz)

The Head Referee:

1983: Jerry Markbreit (BigRedskinDaddy)

I got all of these off IMDB.com, so it's fairly easy to cheat. I'd prefer no one do that though. I'll update the first post with correct answers, as well as who got them right.

i know harry connick jr was the nat'l anthem in 1992. His crew moved thurman thomas' helmet; the rest is history. THAT'S ACTUALLY TRUE. Bill Polian hates Connick to this day.

This is correct, one answer down, 14 more to go.

I think he might have the wrong year but I think Olsen and Enberg did Super Bowl XVII in 1983. It would have been NBC's year since Madden and Sumerall did 49ers Bengals for CBS the year before.

That is correct. And actually, Markbreit was the referee....in 1983, so he had good answers, just wrong years. I'll give him credit for that one, how many people are going to be able to pull a referee? I'm impressed a name was even thrown out there.

That is correct. And actually, Markbreit was the referee....in 1983, so he had good answers, just wrong years. I'll give him credit for that one, how many people are going to be able to pull a referee? I'm impressed a name was even thrown out there.
Yeah, I was never a big fan of Markbreit, I think he reffed the 79 Cowboys game that kept us out of the playoffs, never was a big fan of his after that game. Always swore he was a Cowboys fan.

Ahh, thank you sir. You are too kind. And now, having shot my information wad, I shall retire and enjoy reading the answers and posts as they appear.

Whoo-hoo!!

The National Anthem singer in the 1983 victory over the Dolphins was Leslie Easterbrook a panelist on "Match Game!" AND

Also, the National Anthem singer in the THRASHING of Denver in 1988 was Herb Albert...i don't know what he does, but on the tape that I have of the 88 Super Bowl he did pretty good!

Thats two more!:cheers:

Archived