Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama has a senior moment

War Paint

Heck, if it wasn't for my prolific thread starting it would seem like a 70-30 conservative board.

I think the board in truth tilts about 55-45 to the right, but that could just be because some of those who lean right are incredibly militant and loud about it. There are at least 5 or six who are worse than out and out propagandists. Our side only has chomerics...

and maybe me (and boy would that be pathetic for the lib side).

I swear I was thinking probably the opposite of what you think. Everytime I am in tailgate it seems like it's liberals...Speaking their mind and everybody in the thread pretty much agreeing with them...Also it seems like liberals are more open about what they believe and most conservatives don't really go out and shout about it...

That is just how everything seems to me....

I swear I was thinking probably the opposite of what you think. Everytime I am in tailgate it seems like it's liberals...Speaking their mind and everybody in the thread pretty much agreeing with them...Also it seems like liberals are more open about what they believe and most conservatives don't really go out and shout about it...

Honestly, that is because the most typical thread in the Tailgate begins with a right winger making an outrageous and false claim that he got off of worldnetdaily.com five minutes earlier...

whereupon a bunch of people call him on it....

And so people in the middle agree with the liberals - in that thread. Not because they are liberal themselves, but because the original poster was way over the top.

The only leftist we ever had on here who was quite that ridiculous was a guy named CrazyHorse (or something like that) - but everytime he posted, everyone jumped on his head because he was so full of crap. You would have thought this bouard was 100 percent right wing. :laugh:

Honestly, that is because the most typical thread in the Tailgate begins with a right winger making an outrageous and false claim that he got off of worldnetdaily.com five minutes earlier...

And so people in the middle agree with the liberals - in that thread. Not because they are liberal themselves, but because the original poster was way over the top.

The only leftist we ever had on here who was quite that ridiculous was a guy named CrazyHorse (or something like that) - but everytime he posted, everyone jumped on his head because he was so full of crap. You would have thought this bouard was 100 percent right wing. :laugh:

aah..here is the predict-able I have come to know and love.

Yes, all right wingers make outrageous claims.

and yes, lefties ONLY defend themselves when needed and NEVER EVER do the same thing.

:laugh:

Oddly, that may be one of those perspective things where we are both correct. Which is what sometimes makes this board a fun place for dicourse... or at least dischord.

aah..here is the predict-able I have come to know and love.

Yes, all right wingers make outrageous claims.

You know I didn't say that. Not even close.

and yes, lefties ONLY defend themselves when needed and NEVER EVER do the same thing.

:laugh:

You also know I didn't say that either. Not even close.

:whoknows:

I haven't been around tailgate very long...I just remember thinking "damn everyone is a liberal!"

I also don't click on tailgate very often either so....You can understand why it may seem different to me :laugh:

Now he's not havnig a senior moment, he's just making up whoppers

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives2/2008/07/021066.php

Barack Obama held a press conference in Sderot, Israel today. I wouldn't have blamed him if he had stuck to a reasonable degree of pandering, but check out this question and answer from the press conference:

QUESTION: Senator Obama, you said in AIPAC convention that the (INAUDIBLE) Jerusalem could continue to be the capital city. Then you changed it and clarified later on in the -- (INAUDIBLE) wonder.

How could you be sure if your other statesmen, that you are going to be committed to the security and safety of Israel and you're not going to change it even when you're the President of the United States?

OBAMA: First of all, I didn't change my statement.

I continued to say that Jerusalem will be the capital of Israel. And I have said that before and I will say it again. And I also have said that it is important that we don't simply slice the city in half. But I've also said that that's a final status issue. That's an issue that has to be dealt with with the parties involved, the Palestinians and the Israelis. And it's not the job of the United States to dictate the form in which that will take, but rather to support the efforts that are being made right now to resolve these very difficult issues that have a long history.

Let's pause here. Characteristically, Obama claims that he "didn't change [his] statement." But this is a fantasy. At the AIPAC convention, Obama made the ringing declaration that "Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel, and it must remain undivided." "Must." Within 24 hours, however, his advisers scurried to take back Obama's commitment to an undivided Jerusalem, saying that he meant only that Jerusalem shouldn't "be divided by barbed wire and checkpoints as it was in 1948-1967," and that, in fact, Obama was open to Jerusalem also being the capital of the Palestinian state.

Here's what he really said

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1212041478725&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

In Sderot today, Obama didn't say anything about Jerusalem being the Palestinian capital, but he essentially repeated, not his original call for a Jerusalem that "must" be "undivided," but his mushier fall-back position. In doing so, he not only failed to acknowledge, but specifically denied, that this was a change from his AIPAC call for a Jerusalem that "must remain undivided."

Obama continued:

Now, in terms of knowing my commitments, you don't have to just look at my words, you can look at my deeds. Just this past week, we passed out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee, which is my committee, a bill to call for divestment from Iran, as a way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don't obtain a nuclear weapon.

Too bad he's not a member of the Banking Comittee

http://banking.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Information.Membership

I'm sure he didn't really mean to say that :doh:

• 3 months later...

Archived