Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best All-Time Redskins by positions and some of today's players

tml6157

I want to start making a collection of Redskins collectables like autograph pictures, helments, footballs, mini helmets and cards. I made a list of players current and retired of who I would like to be on the lookout for when I start my search. I was wondering if there were many others i missed from my list of the following players that I would be worth having something of? Let me know what you think:

QB-

• Sammy Baugh
  • Jason Campbell
  • Sonny Jurgensen
  • Billy Kilmer
  • Mark Rypien
  • Joe Theismann
  • Doug Williams

RB-

• Larry Brown
  • Clinton Portis
  • John Riggins
  • Joe Washington

FB-

• Mike Sellers

WR-

• Gary Clark
  • Malcolm Kelly
  • Bobby Mitchell
  • Santana Moss
  • Art Monk
  • Ricky Sanders
  • Charlie Taylor
  • Devin Thomas

TE-

• Chris Cooley
  • Fred Davis

OL-

• Jeff Bostic
  • Russ Grimm
  • Joe Jacoby
  • Jim Lachey
  • Mark May
  • Raleigh McKenzie
  • Chris Samuels

DL-

• Dave Butz
  • Andre Carter
  • Dexter Manley
  • Charles Mann
  • Anthony Montgomery

LB-

• Monte Coleman
  • London Fletcher
  • Ken Harvey
  • Chris Hanburger
  • Sam Huff
  • Wilbur Marshall
  • Rocky McIntosh
  • Neak Olkewicz
  • Marcus Washington

DB-

• Pat Fischer
  • Darrell Green
  • Ken Houston
  • Paul Krause
  • LaRon Landry
  • Carlos Rogers
  • Shawn Springs
  • Sean Taylor

K-

• Mark Mosley

KR-

• Brian Mitchell
  • Mike Nelms

Thats the list of players I came up with. I threw in some of todays players too who would be nice to have as well. Anyone else who I missed who is worth having collectables from please let me know. Thanks so much!

Carlos Rogers?!?!?!

I said at the bottom of my OP that I threw in some of todays players who I think it would be nice to have incase they do turn out to be something special eventually. Im not saying Rogers and Darrell Green are on the same level.

You can't put players who have never played a down for the Redskins on a list of greatest all time. You just can't. You put two tight ends on there? Both playing today? What about Jerry Smith or Clint Didier? Kelly and Thomas can't be on the WR list without Roy Jefferson, Henry Ellard or Charlie Brown. DL that don't include Diron Talbert, Daryl Grant. RB's that don't include Stephen Davis and Earnest Byner? Your list doesn't even begin to cover the greatest of all time. Those just scratch the surface. The Skins have been around since the 30's, you have a couple 70's players, mostly 80's and beyond.

Add Cliff Battles to the RB list, Jerry Smith and Don Warren to the tight end list (with Smith at the top), Joe Lavender and Mike Bass to the DB list, Roy Jefferson to the WR list, Len Hauss and George Starke to the OL list, Diron Talbert and Ron McDole to the DL list and Harold McClinton and Dave Robinson to the LB list.

Other than those, and the few shakazullo mentioned that I didn't, you've about got it covered. :D

You can't put players who have never played a down for the Redskins on a list of greatest all time. You just can't. You put two tight ends on there? Both playing today? What about Jerry Smith or Clint Didier? Kelly and Thomas can't be on the WR list without Roy Jefferson, Henry Ellard or Charlie Brown. DL that don't include Diron Talbert, Daryl Grant. RB's that don't include Stephen Davis and Earnest Byner? Your list doesn't even begin to cover the greatest of all time. Those just scratch the surface. The Skins have been around since the 30's, you have a couple 70's players, mostly 80's and beyond.

please re-read my original post. I added at the bottom that I also threw in players from today who it would be nice to have incase they do become something special. I am in no way considering thomas, kelly and davis the greatest ever yet.

Well I for one wouldnt have a player that had never taken a snap in the NFL on that list. so Davis, Kelly and Thomas have no business being there.

Add Joe Lavender to that list

you guys aren't listening to him. he's saying he has some current players who he would like to have on there just in case they become something special.

You can't put players who have never played a down for the Redskins on a list of greatest all time. You just can't. You put two tight ends on there? Both playing today? What about Jerry Smith or Clint Didier? Kelly and Thomas can't be on the WR list without Roy Jefferson, Henry Ellard or Charlie Brown. DL that don't include Diron Talbert, Daryl Grant. RB's that don't include Stephen Davis and Earnest Byner?

Beat me to it.

Archived