Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFW.com: TE dept. ~ ~ ~ (M.E.T.)

kelly

I guarantee they are expected to have more than 10 career sacks in 96 career games. You can't tell me you think that is what is expected of them. And since Dallas was worse against the run in every single statistical category you can't say they pulled their weight there either. Sorry but our D-line gets ton of pub for being weak but Dallas' line is just as weak if not worse.

I personally think our defensive line will be fine. I've already stated on these boards that Daniels will get around 6-8 sacks this year. Carter will get around 10. And if Chris Wilson continues his development he could get 6-8 as well. Then we have Erasmus James who, if healthy, should give us another 5 or so. Then we have Marcus Washington who should be good for 6 (if he lines up at end again this year on 3rd downs).

Some of you are dense.

Some of you are out of the loop.

And those are the ones of you have no idea what I'm talking about. :)

I am definitely out of the loop, what is with Kelly's ever-changing sig picture?..And the not so insightful posts?

Not even remotely does it help.

Besides:

Carter=very good

Daniels=strong against the run/weak at creating sacks

Depth=promising but unestablished

Um, cant say I agree. Daniels WAS a very good run guy, he really isnt anymore. He's not productive in that catagory and is coming off the 2 worst season in his career. And, he's 35. This is what you call "a bad combination".

Carter I like. Alot.

Depth. I like James.......next year if he can stay healthy. He wont be 100% untill next year most likely. If things go well he'll be starting for us next year and we can do something with Daneils. Outside of that we have Evans, who isnt good, and he's the best of the bunch right now. After Evans it's pretty bleak. Wilson is a situational rusher and then it's practice squad guys. Thin.

Um, cant say I agree. Daniels WAS a very good run guy, he really isnt anymore. He's not productive in that catagory and is coming off the 2 worst season in his career. And, he's 35. This is what you call "a bad combination".

Daniels is coming off his 2nd worst season in terms of stopping the run?...What's that based on? Actually, what is your opinion that Daniels is no longer a productive DE against the rush based on as well?

Depth. I like James.......next year if he can stay healthy. He wont be 100% untill next year most likely. If things go well he'll be starting for us next year and we can do something with Daneils. Outside of that we have Evans, who isnt good, and he's the best of the bunch right now. After Evans it's pretty bleak. Wilson is a situational rusher and then it's practice squad guys. Thin.

Top 10 starting DEs in terms of sacks:

Jared Allen 15.5

Patrick Kerney 14.5

Mario Williams 14.0

Osi Umenyiora 13.0

Trent Cole 12.5

Elvis Dumervil 12.5

Aaron Kampman 12.0

Kyle Vanden Bosch

Jason Taylor 11.0

Andre Carter 10.5

Top 10 backup DEs in terms of sacks:

Justin Tuck 10.0

Greg White 8.0

Jared DeVries 6.5

Jarvis Green 6.5

Travis LaBoy 6.0

Juqua Parker 5.0

Alex Brown 4.5

Brian Robison 4.5

Tim Crowder 4.0

Chris Wilson 4.0

Number of games started by the top 10 backup DEs in terms of sacks:

Justin Tuck: 2

Greg White: 2

Jared DeVries: 10

Jarvis Green: 10

Travis LaBoy: 0

Juqua Parker: 7

Alex Brown: 2

Brian Robison: 5

Tim Crowder: 1

Chris Wilson: 0

Five teams had both a top 10 starting DE and a top 10 backup DE in terms of sacks:

New York Giants

Philadelphia Eagles

Denver Broncos

Tennessee Titans

Washington Redskins

If our DE unit is bad and our depth is non-existent, I'd hate to see what the other 27 teams in the NFL have to offer.

Agreed.

We didn't make any changes in personell at DT this year, so I can only guess they feel that Golston and Monty can step it up this season (being their 3rd season in the league). Also, that Griffin will bounce back after having surgery on the ailments that have bothered him the last couple of years.

We shall see. :)

I don't think the front office has faith in the DL. It's just that two DL guys on the Skins board were picked just before the Skins slot. So we got three pass catchers instead. Hopefully, Zorn will be able to get more production out of the offense so that the Defense has a cushion to work with each game.

I don't think the front office has faith in the DL. It's just that two DL guys on the Skins board were picked just before the Skins slot. So we got three pass catchers instead. Hopefully, Zorn will be able to get more production out of the offense so that the Defense has a cushion to work with each game.

I don't think the Redskins ever targeted Cailas (sp) Campbell. He just doesn't fit the defensive scheme here.

I think they did say they were looking at others, but I don't believe there was anyone in those early rounds short of Dorsey that would fit what they were looking for (a pocket-collapsing DT).

Daniels is coming off his 2nd worst season in terms of stopping the run?...What's that based on? Actually, what is your opinion that Daniels is no longer a productive DE against the rush based on as well?

The only stat that is kept by the NFL: Tackles. And it was his worst season, which also happen to tie his total for last year. Both career lows. Now, you may say that he does more than just make tackles. Well, he's not getting many of them, so I would hope so for your argument. However watching the games I didnt see him do much. Now you might have seen things differently, but all of that is subjective.

Now, what are you basing his productivity on?

If our DE unit is bad and our depth is non-existent, I'd hate to see what the other 27 teams in the NFL have to offer.

Really? I pose this question to you:

What happens to our D-line of Carter goes down? What actual "depth" do we have? Do you want Wilson playing every down? Evans? Buzzbee?

I don't think the Redskins ever targeted Cailas (sp) Campbell. He just doesn't fit the defensive scheme here.

What scheme doesnt he fit? 4-3? Like he played at Miami and will be playing for Arizona as a DE in a 4-3?

Sorry, but that excuse is bunk.

What scheme doesnt he fit? 4-3? Like he played at Miami and will be playing for Arizona as a DE in a 4-3?

Sorry, but that excuse is bunk.

It isn't my "excuse", or my opinion.

Unlike you, I don't think I have all the answers or know it all. :)

Many analysts have said they feel Campbell can only succeed in the NFL in a 3-4 system.

If he is playing in a 4-3, I guess we will find out eventually (maybe not this year) if they are right or not.

As I and others have said, the DEs weren't the problem last season. It was a lack of an interior pass rush. It allowed the QBs the Redskins faced to step up and took them out of the reach of the DEs that were getting pressure.

I know you have some illogical, irrational pure hatred for Phillip Daniels for whatever reason, but you are just going to have to accept that he is the starting DE of the Washington Redskins this coming season.

The sooner you accept that, the sooner you will get well. :D

I think we should be happy with what we have skill position wise on offense. Zorn has spoken pretty glowingly about Davis and Kelly. We know what we have in our established guys. If Jason can get the ball out in 3 and 5 step drops, and o-line starters stay healthy, the offense will do well. Imagine Cooley and Fred Davis lined up without having blocking duties.

Hence, the signature.

Archived