Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do Marijuana Laws Actually Keep Americans From Toking Up?

Hubbs

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

More people don't do it because of the deterrent presented by drug testing for employment than the deterrent of being charged with a misdemeanor over it.

Even if it were legal, that would likely never go away.

~Bang

Erm... if the only criterion is whether or not it's in your system, shouldn't MJ be expected to be far and away the #1 drug, seeing as it's used by the most people?

Or put another way - if I were to randomly test 1,000 people, marijuana would come out as the #1 drug in their systems. So why exactly is the fact that the same holds true for 1,000 people in emergency rooms news? Any study that has any other drug at #1, such as the one you posted, should be evidence for how safe marijuana actually is.

Also remember it stays in your system a lot longer than those other substances so that alone would raise the incidence rate in ERs. Given all the factors, I'm actually surprised the number is as low as it is.

If its in your system. That is all.

These are the studies done that show the potential dangers of marijuana, that pot is a gateway drug.

These are the same studies on kids with problems with MJ in their system.

I would argue that cigarettes and alcohol are probably more common gateway drugs. These days, it is common these for many drug users to bypass marijuana and just start off with harder drugs, such as crack and heroin.

Also, there aren't many physical issues related to marijuana (though over-indulgence of anything can cause issues). As someone mentioned, these studies that you cited often will take a person injured in some random accident, find marijuana in their system, and use that as evidence that marijuana causes "problems."

Archived