Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell's Play Action

Hubbs

Could someone show some video of JC's bad play action? Not because I don't think any exists, but because his PA never really stood out at me as something he was bad at. Ramsey's PA stood out as needing improvement, but not Campbell's, so I just want to see what a lot of others here are seeing. If he's doing it all the time it shouldn't be too hard to find a few examples lol...

Yes. I also have no idea what the heck you people are talking about.

:whoknows:

Could someone show some video of JC's bad play action? Not because I don't think any exists, but because his PA never really stood out at me as something he was bad at. Ramsey's PA stood out as needing improvement, but not Campbell's, so I just want to see what a lot of others here are seeing. If he's doing it all the time it shouldn't be too hard to find a few examples lol...

I was thinking the same thing. I've never been under the impression that JC is bad at play action fakes. Like you, I noticed how bad Ramsey was at it. I even noticed how bad Brunell was at it. So, if JC was so bad at it, I would like to think that I'd notice.

At first I thought that he needed to correct that weird backpedal he did on some of the screen plays. Later, I saw Todd Collins do the exact same thing. So, I guess that's the way the coaches wanted them to do it. I thought it telegraphed the play.

Hey bro....

Just out of curiosity, why do you say that Jason's play action fakes 'couldn't fool Helen Keller on a foggy day''? It's practically impossible to consistently judge how a fake affects opposing defenses while watching on TV

Seriously though what makes you think his PA fakes don't work?

IMO Campbell's PA fakes are effective b/c of the completions that follow the PA fakes.

:cheers:

I'm saying that I'm very underwhelmed when only looking at the fake itself, not the results of the play. Some people have tried to say that they think it seems to fool the defense - that's what's nearly impossible to judge on a consistent basis.

As for the results of the plays, again, they shouldn't be much different than the results of normal passing plays - in other words, last year, Campbell should have completed about 60% of his passes after a play action fake. That doesn't mean the fake was effective.

Archived