Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NPR Feature, Impact of Sleep Deprivation (Links working)

Burgold

They're airing a feature I developed tomorrow on MC (WAMU 88.5 FM) on Sleep Deprivation. I remember liking this one when I put it together. It hinges on some research being done in the area of sleep restriction at the Walter Reed Institute for Research and touches on self diagnosis for Sleep Apnea.

No, but it kind of makes sence to me. I know people who become special ed teachers often have someone in the family who was disabled, surgeons very often are motivated by an illness they encountered. Politicians are often the relatives of con artists and sheisters. So, people who can't sleep gravitate towards beds...

No, but it kind of makes sence to me. I know people who become special ed teachers often have someone in the family who was disabled, surgeons very often are motivated by an illness they encountered. Politicians are often the relatives of con artists and sheisters. So, people who can't sleep gravitate towards beds...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Well said Burgold.

Thanks for the reminder post though, I'll be interested in listening to that.

Good segment. I wonder if I can use that to argue that I need a nap in the afternoon. Nah, I'll just hold that till I'm caught.

Seriously, I have wondered if less sleep has been killing my cognitive function more than adderall has been helping.

From what I understand, if you do not go through each of the sleep cycles and sleep less than 6 hours per night. Learning is impacted. From what they told me, you accumulate knowledge in the daytime and at night your brain synthesizes it and makes connections.

Archived