Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Cooley VS. Jason Witten - Who do you Want?

While reading another thread and Cowboys fans' lack of shall we say...IQ; the question was brought up - who is better - Chris Cooley or Jason Witten?

Let's Examine:

Chris Cooley

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6840/career;_ylt=AoSJPgzyAYaLn8uCIvnR7Hr.uLYF

Statistics

Year ----G -- Rec -- Yds -- Avg --- Lg -- TD

2004 ---16 -- 37 --- 314 -- 8.50 -- 31 --- 6

2005 ---16 -- 71 --- 774 -- 10.9 -- 32 --- 8

2006 ---16 -- 67 --- 734 -- 12.9 -- 66 --- 6

2007 ---16 -- 66 --- 786 -- 11.9 -- 39 --- 8

TOTAL -64- -231- -2,608 -- 11.3 -- 66 -- 28

Jason Witten

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6405/career;_ylt=AoSJPgzyAYaLn8uCIvnR7Hr.uLYF

Statistics

Year ----G -- Rec -- Yds -- Avg --- Lg -- TD

2003 ---15 -- 35 --- 347 -- 9.90 -- 36 --- 1

2004 ---16 -- 87 --- 980 -- 11.3 -- 42 --- 6

2005 ---16 -- 66 --- 757 -- 11.5 -- 34 --- 6

2006 ---16 -- 64 --- 754 -- 11.8 -- 42 --- 1

2007 ---16 -- 96 --1,145 -- 11.9 -- 53 --- 7

TOTAL - 79- 348- -3,983 -- 11.4 -- 53 -- 21

Now I'll admit - I'd rather have both. But give me Cooley ANY day of the week. :applause:

EDIT: I give up. MODS, please merge if you feel the need.

RE-EDIT: MUHAAHAHA *laughs insanely* :dunce:

Dude, I can't read any of that.

Cooley is an outstanding blocker and one hell of a playmaker. He produces on the field even if he's the only threat. When our receivers are down and out with injuries or having Santana Moss days, Cooley is still 100%. I'd take him over Witten in a heartbeat.

And no, I would NOT mind having Witten on my team at all. I'd put Witten in the top five in the league.

:laugh: Bubba covered it fellas....all Dallas fans (minus me) will take Witten and All Skins fans (minus Bubba) will take Cooley...bubba only cause he LOVES the Univ of Tenn....and it would make him very happy to be able to root for Witten.:2cents:

Cant we just agree that they are both awesome and move on........

Cooley has six more touchdowns with one less year in the league. Witten has 21 in five years and Cooley has 27 in four years.

With T.O. for two years Witten had 1899 yards.

Without T.O. for three years he had 2084 yards.

Since you probably can't subtract or add, thats only 185 yards extra in his three years without T.O.

owned and owned.

Edit: It's also no coincidence that Witten's best year came last year, the year that T.O. was lighting it up.

posted in the other thread :dallasuck

I don't think we have to wish we had both Cooley and Witten - since we now have both Cooley and Davis. Davis, if allowed to get on the field, will provide a number of matchup problems for defenses. With a 4-receiver set, including both Cooley and Davis, our offense could be really scary for years to come

I am sure this will be an unbiased thread being on a Skins board :laugh:

This is like me starting this thread on a Cowboys board

Another brilliant post.

Even though, if you scroll up, you'll see Bubba saying that they're the two best tight ends in the league and that there's not much difference between them. Or the fact that we're not idiots and can recognize that Witten is outstanding.

But those silly Cowboys fans come around once again and make themselves look stupid by spouting generalizations and "arguments" that are completely baseless just to get some attention because, you know, all the cool kids sign up for their rival team's message board. :rolleyes:

Another brilliant post.

Even though, if you scroll up, you'll see Bubba saying that they're the two best tight ends in the league and that there's not much difference between them. Or the fact that we're not idiots and can recognize that Witten is outstanding.

But those silly Cowboys fans come around once again and make themselves look stupid by spouting generalizations and "arguments" that are completely baseless just to get some attention because, you know, all the cool kids sign up for their rival team's message board. :rolleyes:

My post was spot on, asking who is better on a skins board is the same as me asking it on a Cowboys board.

Here you will get both are great but I take cooley (Just like your original post)

On a Cowboys board it would be Both are great I would take Witten

This is not a generalization I did not say you guys would say Witten sucked just that the obvious bias would be in play, I even pointed out the bias would occur the other way if on a Cowboys board

You sure are sensitive today newcliche

as many Poke fans that live in the ATN

the bias will probably favor Witten :laugh:

BigD your becoming a parody of a poke troll of late.....

Uhh hello I said the bias would be the other way with Cowboys fans buba read the thread before posting the same snide remarks you have been using for years

Archived