Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shot in the Dark - lost dog (UPADATE - we found her!)

gortiz

hey Eser's ...

don't think this will help but weirder things have happened ...

lost my dog yesterday (5/26)and I'm going nuts, she's a brindle (brown with black stripes) pit bull mix.

She lives in the Springfield/Lorton area right around Route 1 and Telegraph Rd. If you happen to see a dog fitting this description shoot me an email at gortiz74@gmail.com

thx!

There's a pet finding service, I heard about that sounded like a really good idea. It's called Find Toto. They'll do automatic phone calls to everyone in the area where you lost your dog. The call has a description of the dog, where it was lost, and tells them where to call if they've seen it.

www.findtoto.com. The price starts at $65. It might be worth a shot.

In any case, good luck.

There's a pet finding service, I heard about that sounded like a really good idea. It's called Find Toto. They'll do automatic phone calls to everyone in the area where you lost your dog. The call has a description of the dog, where it was lost, and tells them where to call if they've seen it.

www.findtoto.com. The price starts at $65. It might be worth a shot.

In any case, good luck.

thanks Dan T, I appreciate that ...

I just lost my girlfriends dog about three weeks ago. Its a hard thing. We looked all night long, and luckily for us, we found him on a neighbors doorstep eating cat food the next morning. Good luck with your search. Check all the shelters, including Prince Williams County Shelter, he may have made it accross the purple heart bridge. If he has a chip in his back, get the info and call the chip maker. Also, call all the vets in your area, especially the animal hospitals and ask if any dogs have been hit or turned in. The only reason i know so much of what to do is because I went through it a few weeks ago. Good luck.

I just lost my girlfriends dog about three weeks ago. Its a hard thing. We looked all night long, and luckily for us, we found him on a neighbors doorstep eating cat food the next morning. Good luck with your search. Check all the shelters, including Prince Williams County Shelter, he may have made it accross the purple heart bridge. If he has a chip in his back, get the info and call the chip maker. Also, call all the vets in your area, especially the animal hospitals and ask if any dogs have been hit or turned in. The only reason i know so much of what to do is because I went through it a few weeks ago. Good luck.

that's a good tip on calling prince William ... the ironic thing is I've picked up, at last count 5 stray dogs in my life and I've always taken them to shelters near my house which was always a ways from where I found them ... I've only been calling the Fairfax shelter but I'll try alexandria and PW.

thx stew

Not to be funny but how did you lose the dog? Did she run away from you or escaped from your yard?

I often wonder about run-a-way dogs--were they unhappy at their old place or did they just go exploring.

my parents are staying over and they did not secure her crate properly, she busted out and then jumped out a window.

she has a crazy noise aversion for lawn mower engines and weed whackers - they drive her nuts. we think somebody fired one of those things up and she bolted.

sucks man. :doh:

hey Eser's ...

don't think this will help but weirder things have happened ...

lost my dog yesterday (5/26)and I'm going nuts, she's a brindle (brown with black stripes) pit bull mix.

She lives in the Springfield/Lorton area right around Route 1 and Telegraph Rd. If you happen to see a dog fitting this description shoot me an email at gortiz74@gmail.com

thx!

Sorry about the lost dog. Did she have her collar on and ID tag? If not...check those county animal shelters, etc. Do that ASAP. You never know if maybe someone dropped the dog off at a shelter, etc as a last resort.

Any luck? Certainly hope so.

no luck man, thanks for asking and thanks to everyone else for the upbeat comments.

someone asked about a chip - she does have one, so hopefully that helps.

i think i'm still in a denial, but it hit my wife last night after few days, she was balling.

man ... :doh:

no luck man, thanks for asking and thanks to everyone else for the upbeat comments.

someone asked about a chip - she does have one, so hopefully that helps.

i think i'm still in a denial, but it hit my wife last night after few days, she was balling.

man ... :doh:

I read that completely wrong and almost stopped feeling bad for you.

I'll say this: If I have one weakness, its dogs. I can't watch things about people abusing them or the Animal Cops shows.

I wish you the best, I can't imagine what you're going through.

still hoping for a good resolution for you ortiz. please keep us updated. i have a brindle pit mix female so i especially empathize with you.

Hey guys and girls ... I found my dog! :)

I really did appreciate all words of encouragement, it really did help. Hognose, thanks for bumping this thread to the 1st pg, very cool of you. Again, thank you all for keeping positive.

Turns out the mutt ;) ran into Ft. Belvoir and was being held by someone that eventually gave her up to the animal shelter/vet inside the base. The vet happen to see a sign we put up and called me this morning.

We are all so happy. Making arrangments now to make sure this never happens again!!

One lesson I want to pass on to you all in the event you lose a pet, signs do help. Go nuts with them, we hit supermarkets, blockbusters, a gas station and even posted on road signs at near I-95 exits. My :2cents:

Hey guys and girls ... I found my dog! :)

I really did appreciate all words of encouragement, it really did help. Hognose, thanks for bumping this thread to the 1st pg, very cool of you. Again, thank you all for keeping positive.

Man what a great ending....very happy for you and the family. :applause: I remember losing our dog (eventually found) and it is a extremely sad and stressing experience. I bet you got a big greeting from your dog!

Man what a great ending....very happy for you and the family. :applause: I remember losing our dog (eventually found) and it is a extremely sad and stressing experience. I bet you got a big greeting from your dog!
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Great news - very happy for you and your dog, gortiz

Wonderful News. I've checked back several times to see if your dog was found. Thanks for sharing the news. Very happy for your family.
You have no idea how happy that makes me. You should probably edit the title so people know.

thanks again everyone ... we are so relieved. She's real banged up ... pads are scraped, few scars on the nose in face, but she's eating and drinking and even played a little. Calling the vet now to get some guidance.

Archived