Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A monument to excess (first billion dollar home)

Forehead

Actually, this was posted about a little over a month ago. Of course, can't find the link now.

But it is an ugly home.

Oh, my fault...I guess I do now see that this is dated May 6th. It was on Yahoo's front page this morning so I assumed it was a new story.

It's ugly to be sure, but I have to admit I'd like to see what the inside of it looks like.

You guys should not be insulting Die Hard's house

I can never understand wealthy people. Why have so much property that you have to hire someone to clean it because you can't do it yourself. Why buy toys when you have so many that you can't even get around to any of them all more than 1 time a month/year.

Heck, I sold a 300 music CD library simply because I came to the realization that I could only listen to 1 CD at a time.. and it would take me many years before I'd even listen to them all at least once through.

I'm just not big on excess at all. I'd definitely spend some cash... but I just wouldn't throw it away because I can.

I know I'll get blasted for this but our Creator, whoever you think it is, gave us all the resources necessary so that everyone on this planet can live a nice comfortable life but jerks like the hoard it all for themselves so they can build stupid buildings like this.

I can never understand wealthy people. Why have so much property that you have to hire someone to clean it because you can't do it yourself. Why buy toys when you have so many that you can't even get around to any of them all more than 1 time a month/year.

Heck, I sold a 300 music CD library simply because I came to the realization that I could only listen to 1 CD at a time.. and it would take me many years before I'd even listen to them all at least once through.

I'm just not big on excess at all. I'd definitely spend some cash... but I just wouldn't throw it away because I can.

That is why i am buying a condo instead of 3 bedroom house i can only use so much space,

You sold 300 cds, how many were barry manilow cds? :D

I know I'll get blasted for this but our Creator, whoever you think it is, gave us all the resources necessary so that everyone on this planet can live a nice comfortable life but jerks like the hoard it all for themselves so they can build stupid buildings like this.

What exactly are they hoarding? They spent there money, might be stupid and excessive but it's there money. Not like they stole someone's money and built it.

People with that kind of wealth are similar to junkies having to take more and more drugs to get that same high.

Their senses are completely dulled by living a life without want or need, and the only thing left is sheer opulence and excess, by any standard.

Sad to say, it would probably happen to any of us if we had $42 billion. What a boring life that would be, seriously.

It's nice to see this oil/gas magnate is giving homage to the source of his wealth:

In profile, the rebar-enforced beams form a "W" shape that supports the upper two-thirds of the building

Finally, proof that W is in cahoots -- with ev-ybody!!!

:silly:

Sad to say, it would probably happen to any of us if we had $42 billion. What a boring life that would be, seriously.

Maybe boring, but I'd like to give it a shot, you know...maybe buy a couple luxury boxes for ES. Although I suppose if I had that much cash, I'd probably try to buy the team.

Maybe boring, but I'd like to give it a shot, you know...maybe buy a couple luxury boxes for ES. Although I suppose if I had that much cash, I'd probably try to buy the team.

Oh, who wouldn't give it a shot? :)

But I think how miserable most of the ultra rich are says it all

People with that kind of wealth are similar to junkies having to take more and more drugs to get that same high.

Their senses are completely dulled by living a life without want or need, and the only thing left is sheer opulence and excess, by any standard.

I think you're right in many cases, but obviously there are exceptions. I've read that Sam Walton of WalMart fortune drove an old beat up pickup truck. I've heard that the Mars family of Mars Candy live relatively modest lifestyles that belie the massive wealth they possess.

And would having $42 billion dollars really be boring? To paraphrase Jerry McGuire - "SHOW ME THE BOREDOM!!!!" :cool:

You do not need to be wealthy to have a cleaning service :doh: The point is you are not hiring someone to clean because you can't, it is because you would rather spend that time with your family or friends. My wife has been begging me for sometime to get a cleaner and I fought it for a while. Finally I said lets try it and love it. There is such a nice feeling when you are both working all the time and when you get home your place is clean :) It also is not that expensive about $70 to $100 a month thats all.

I would like to have a couple of billion just to see if life gets boring.

:D

You do not need to be wealthy to have a cleaning service :doh: The point is you are not hiring someone to clean because you can't, it is because you would rather spend that time with your family or friends. My wife has been begging me for sometime to get a cleaner and I fought it for a while. Finally I said lets try it and love it. There is such a nice feeling when you are both working all the time and when you get home your place is clean :) It also is not that expensive about $70 to $100 a month thats all.

You've missed the point.... and it's not worth my time to explain it to you.

what service, jbomma? What type of stuff do they do and do they come at any time?

Baloney.

To have the free time to go to the gym and work out.. at any time of the day... with a personal trainer...would be great.

To travel... and experience basically any kind of thrill and adventure that the world has to offer.... would be priceless.

To coach a youth football team full-time... or start up a youth fooball league... without any worry of expenses.... and just organize it and have fun with it... would be amazing.

To hire a full-time chef... so that I could eat healthy and have amazingly health and tasty meals... every meal... would be my fantasy.

And to have a full-time massage therapist.... to soothe my aching muscles every morning before my next workout.

And in between.... to have sexual relations with whomever, whenever :)

I mean seriously... I can't see any boredom in that.

I think you're right in many cases, but obviously there are exceptions. I've read that Sam Walton of WalMart fortune drove an old beat up pickup truck. I've heard that the Mars family of Mars Candy live relatively modest lifestyles that belie the massive wealth they possess.

And would having $42 billion dollars really be boring? To paraphrase Jerry McGuire - "SHOW ME THE BOREDOM!!!!" :cool:

I've heard that the M&M Mars family travels in motor homes across the country and stays in Wal Mart parking lots. (from someone who worked for them)

Archived