• Blog Entries

• By Destino in ES Coverage
      Good afternoon Redskins fans!  I have once again been invited to sit in the relative comfort of the press box and shout my thoughts into the void via this blog.  As you watch the game today and see the rain  pour relentlessly from the heavens, know that I am safe and dry.  Know also that @Spaceman Spiff is out there somewhere, cold and unappreciated, rolling around in the muck trying to capture that perfect picture.  Maybe say a little prayer for his health (or laugh, whatever, I’m not judging you).  Also, be sure not to miss the pictures he posts on this site after each game.     

Before we get into today's Redskins game, I want give some thanks for more positive occurrences in DC sports.  Congrats to the Washington Mystics for winning their first championship.  Congrats go out to the Washington Nationals as well for reaching the world series.  These two teams (along with the Caps) are working hard to change the sports related mood around this town, and we're all happier for it. 

Lets move now into less cheerful topics, namely your Washington Redskins!  Yow know things are going bad, and I mean really dang bad, when your team has gone through three quarterbacks and two coaches and your not even half way through the season.  Today's fresh hell comes in the form of a specter of the our recent past coming to smirk at our misfortune.  Im talking of course of Kyle.  Kyle's spent the week assuring everyone that he isn’t holding a grudge, while very obviously holding a grudge.  “Everything else.”  You know what I’m talking about. 

If all he brought to town were his hurt feelings we wouldn’t have a problem.  Sadly, he’s arrived with an undefeated football team that the NFL says we have to play this week.  This feels entirely unfair. 

My generic key to the game:  Run the ball and stop the run.  The team (spoiler alert: 49ers) that does this today will win.   

Redskins Inactives  
      QB Colt McCoy  
      S Deshazor Everett  
      CB Josh Norman  
      RB Chris THompson  
      LB Josh Harvey-Clemons 
      G Wes Martin  
      TE Vernon Davis  

49ers inactives  
      QB CJ Beathard 
      WR Deebo Samuel  
      CB Ahkello Witherspoon  
      FB Kyle Juszczyk 
      T Mike McGLinchey 
      T Joe Staley 
      DL DJ Jones 

1st Quarter Update
      Redskins 0 – 0 49ers

Callahan wasn’t playing around when he said he wanted to run the ball.  That first drive was all runs, and looked great... right up until they tried to pass the ball.  Hopkins missed the relatively short fied goal, because of course he did.     

Maybe Quinn isn’t a good choice to be returning punts?  Consider it.    

That second Redskins drive looked more like what we’ve come to expect from this offense.  Run for negative yards, pass dropped, and an unsuccessful screen pass.  A quintessential Redskins three and out. 

Passing yards this quarter:  Redskins 3. 49ers 9.  Are you not entertained?! 

Half Time Update
      Redskins 0 – 0 49ers 

How happy are you to spend your Sunday afternoon watching this game?  Consider that some people paid money, to sit in a poncho, in the rain, to watch this game. 

It’s now time for those half time adjustments that our beloved skins do so well.  It’s unlikely the second half mirrors the first. 

3rd Quarter Update 
      Redskins 0 – 3 49ers  

Good news, this game will not end in a 0-0 tie.  Those half time adjustments have kicked in as expected and the 49ers have found a way onto the scoreboard in this messy throwback game.  The Redskins have decided to spend the second half collecting holding penalties and sadness.  Mercifully, only one quarter remains. 

End of Game Update 
      Redskins 0 – 9 49ers 

Callahan hasn’t spent much time as the head coach of the Washington Redskins, but he’s already proven that his team can waste 2nd half timeouts like a veteran.  It makes little sense to adopt a strategy that shortens the game when your team is losing, and it makes even less sense when your team is short on time outs.  I’m not really sure what the thinking as late in this game.    

Next week Kirk Cousins!   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark The Homer

Jerseys - Game-Worn, Team-Issued, Authentic, Replica, Fake, and everything in between

Who the hell is buying jersey's at that ridiculous price point?

Not me, retail jersey buying days are over...

Anyone notice that knock offs are fitted really weird? I don't have a lot of money so I bought a $40 knock off on Amazon RG3 jersey with the sewn on numbers. I used to wear XL reebok jerseys. The 2xl reeboks were like wearing a dress they were so big. I heard the Nikes were more fitted so I bought a 2xl, and it's loose in the sleeves but super tight in the mid section.

It just fits weird. I guess I can't complain cus it's a knock off. It just seems like whoever made it didn't do it right.

Thanks to everyone sharing their collections and information on jerseys from the past and present. It's all great! I recently picked up a Ricky Sanders jersey for my grandfather and wanted to share photos in hopes of figuring out exactly what it is while learning a little more about vintage jerseys. 

20140712_152640.jpg

20140712_152835.jpg

20140712_152731.jpg

20140712_152706.jpg

20140712_152743.jpg

20140712_152808.jpg

20140712_152824.jpg

20140712_153134.jpg

20140712_153118.jpg

20140712_153147.jpg

I'd love to hear thoughts from you all. Thanks!

There are currently two Osaka patched jerseys on ebay right now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261568215619?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261568228256?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649

I post this now since they have gone well beyond what I would pay....I was interested early on though.

The seller is "JacobsMom" I wonder if Jake is aware of this?

These would be nice for a jersey collector, I like the Osaka patch and the 70th anniversary patch. However $400 is a little steep for Delbert Cowsette and Bryan Johnson.

Had a question for you gurus out there. I'm sure it's probably already been brought up in this thread but not sure. Does anyone have any tips for cleaning throwbacks? I have a Reebok Sammy Baugh, dark shade of burgundy, stitched lettering and numbers, and a 91 Edition Mitchell and Ness White Charles Mann with the non stitched pressed numbering and lettering that have developed a little bit of dirt over some time. Considered going to the dry cleaners but I'm pretty nervous about putting it in someone else's hands just because of the sentimental value. I love those jerseys and I'd absolutely flip if something happened to them under someone else's care. Maybe someone can talk me off of that ledge lol. But right now I'm more of the mindset of I trust myself. I've read and been told some of the keys are to turn the jersey inside out, use Woolite, and use cold water. My washer is an older model so it has the center post so I'm wary about using it because I don't want it to wrap around and ruin the stitching. Any words of advice?

Had a question for you gurus out there. I'm sure it's probably already been brought up in this thread but not sure. Does anyone have any tips for cleaning throwbacks? I have a Reebok Sammy Baugh, dark shade of burgundy, stitched lettering and numbers, and a 91 Edition Mitchell and Ness White Charles Mann with the non stitched pressed numbering and lettering that have developed a little bit of dirt over some time. Considered going to the dry cleaners but I'm pretty nervous about putting it in someone else's hands just because of the sentimental value. I love those jerseys and I'd absolutely flip if something happened to them under someone else's care. Maybe someone can talk me off of that ledge lol. But right now I'm more of the mindset of I trust myself. I've read and been told some of the keys are to turn the jersey inside out, use Woolite, and use cold water. My washer is an older model so it has the center post so I'm wary about using it because I don't want it to wrap around and ruin the stitching. Any words of advice?

Inside out, cold water and Woolite or some other gentle detergent....and hand wash. You can always stop if you see something wrong. You can't stop it in the washing machine if you can't see it. For tough stains you may need a soft sponge or soft face cloth to provide some friction to the spot. That's my suggestion.

Thanks for the tip. One of the things I read suggested applying Woolite directly to the stains (The numbers on my Baugh jersey are bright white so they're very visible) with a Q-tip, rubbing it in, and then letting it sit for a few minutes before soaking in Woolite and cold water. I was thinking that after letting it soak in the detergent and cold water for a bit I would take a washcloth and gently rub the numbers and lettering to provide some friction.

MTH- Hey. I haven't posted in a long time. This is just a technical thing. The website that I originally used to host the images that I used on ES (which have not been many) is supposed to go extinct very soon. I have already moved all of them to an image hosting site. Because you used one (the 50th Anniversary Patch) in the OP, I figured I'd give you a heads up. The images from the updated source can be found on page 28 of this thread. -RJR

Has anyone ordered from this website?

I understand they're fake, I'm just more interested in the experience of ordering from them... like was your bank account drained, did you get a jersey, how long did it take, etc....

http://www.jerseysstyle.cc/

Thanks to anyone who comments or can share an experience of a friend.

Anyone know where to get the Breast Cancer T-shirt that Cousins and Kerrigan are wearing on the Extremeskins Webpage? 

Anyone know where to get the Breast Cancer T-shirt that Cousins and Kerrigan are wearing on the Extremeskins Webpage? 

CQQPAQLUAAA4KwU.jpg

anyone know where I can get a good classic skins jersey??? manley or clark. pm if needed much appreciated.  I will put it too good use for the jets game and bucs :D

All of the jerseys I have are screen print replicas made by Nike, reebok, champion, adidas, and Mitchell and ness.

...noticed this in the ebay description for the Joe T jersey:

This has Joe's signature embroidered on the front and in the back.  Includes embroider career highlights of the HOFer. 

...does HOF have a new meaning??