Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jerseys - Game-Worn, Team-Issued, Authentic, Replica, Fake, and everything in between

Mark The Homer

Hey guys 2 quick questions Anybody know where I can get the 80th jersey patch and now for the harder to find item Anybody know where I can find the 80th anniversary pin the second one is for my 6 yr old daughter

any help will be appreciated

Here you go buddy....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Washington-Redskins-80th-anniversary-patch-crest-badge-/200828325489?pt=US_Men_s_Athletic_Apparel&hash=item2ec24d0e71

So let me get this straight. A jersey, an article of clothing that is used by large men to play tackle football in, is too delicate to be washed and dried? Craziest thing I have ever heard. The team washes and dries the jerseys. Wash in cold water and dry on delicate. Turn the jersey inside out before washing and drying. I have close to 20 jerseys, and I wash them all. They all look brand new still.

Well, they might. But professional football teams get new jerseys every game. Sometimes they use multiple jerseys within a single game...

So let me get this straight. A jersey, an article of clothing that is used by large men to play tackle football in, is too delicate to be washed and dried? Craziest thing I have ever heard. The team washes and dries the jerseys. Wash in cold water and dry on delicate. Turn the jersey inside out before washing and drying. I have close to 20 jerseys, and I wash them all. They all look brand new still.

This is what i figured and what i did. I'm completely shocked that these hand stitched numbers could somehow wrinkle. Not ever did my Portis jersey have the authentic numbers wrinkle.

I have never seen a 46 in the 75th Authentics, they did not make many in general and the Redskins did not even sell the Authentics.
Another thing, the 75th authentics run big. Your best bet is to find a 2002 70th Authentic in a size 48. The original first batch had shorter sleeves and ran small. The later versions had longer sleeves and ran bigger..

If you wouldnt mind, could you elaborate on what you wrote, you seem to recall those times. If you could expand in the first quote where you said the Redskins didnt sell the authentics, so im assuming only the NFL online shop carried them? And also you are saying that a size 46 wasnt available either for the 70th jerseys? Last question, do you recall what pre-made players were made available for both the 70th/75th when they were first released or were they released to only be customized by the customer?

The redskins team store did not sell 75th anniversary authentics, only nflshop, etc. did. They were made for Campbell, Moss, Taylor, Portis and Cooley only I believe.

Neither the 70th and 75th were made in a 46. The 70th anniversary jerseyes were premade with Bailey, Smoot, Smith, Green, Trotter and Armstead only I believe.

Right before Nike took over, you could get customs made with the remaining 70th and 75th style (non patched) blanks, but they are long gone.

70th Authentic:

new003.jpg

75th authentic:

DSCN3299.jpg

The redskins team store did not sell 75th anniversary authentics, only nflshop, etc. did. They were made for Campbell, Moss, Taylor, Portis and Cooley only I believe.

Neither the 70th and 75th were made in a 46. The 70th anniversary jerseyes were premade with Bailey, Smoot, Smith, Green, Trotter and Armstead only I believe.

Right before Nike took over, you could get customs made with the remaining 70th and 75th style (non patched) blanks, but they are long gone.

Ok, thank you very much for the information. Very helpful. Last few questions, the 75th/70th authentics all came with the patches already on them or you had to get them individually? I do remember when NIke was just about to take over and then the NFL shop had the 75th throwback style up but i wasnt sure if they were legit left over stock from 2007 or if it was just some throwback styles reebok wanted to take advantage of selling since it was listed as "Alternates" on the site and not as the "75th anniversary" jersey, im going to kick myself if it was indeed old stock from 2007. And now my final question which was part of the reason why i didnt want to take the chance on the 75 style jerseys was that I remember reading about reebok switching jock tag styles around 2008, did the new jock tag style come in for the 08-09 season or were they already switched and used on the 2007-2008 jerseys? Im basically trying to ask if the 75th pre-mades were made with the recent jocktag style or the pre 2008 jocktag style. Im assuming those are your jerseys and it seems the 75th taylor has recent jocktag style, did you buy it during the 2007 season? thank you for responding to all my questions, dont want to be a bother but i love those jerseys and hope to find them one day and just want to be knowledgeable when im on the hunt for them.

• 2 weeks later...

It's interesting, though - the non-mesh material is noticeably a tad less heavy and stiff than the home or throwback elites, though clearly the same material. Maybe they are changing it up just a bit - it's just a bit "softer" than the others I have but definitely still an Elite.

It's interesting, though - the non-mesh material is noticeably a tad less heavy and stiff than the home or throwback elites, though clearly the same material. Maybe they are changing it up just a bit - it's just a bit "softer" than the others I have but definitely still an Elite.

Jersey looks great! Did u get it from NFLshop.com ? I bought an Elite throwback RG3 from the team store online about 6 weeks ago and I love it, but the non-mesh material is pretty stiff. I've been on the fence about grabbing the white elite from NFLshop, but I really want the white elite custom or in another player like Fletcher or Morris or Garçon. Your pics may have just sold me on settling for another RG3 though.

Yep - NFL Shop. I think that's the only place that has them unless they are in the Team Store.

Not as stiff as the throwbacks. It is just a bit flexible - my guess is that most people would be happier with this given the comments here.

Definitely, thanks for the info. I have really liked the look of the white jersey since they 1st wore it in preseason this year. I might just have to pull that trigger.

Definitely, thanks for the info. I have really liked the look of the white jersey since they 1st wore it in preseason this year. I might just have to pull that trigger.

I picked up the white elite as well and it is absolutely beautiful. It also matches with anything which is the main reason I decided to get it over the burgundy.

70th Authentic:

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x102/skinfan2130/retail%20authentics/new003.jpg

75th authentic:

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x102/skinfan2130/retail%20authentics/DSCN3299.jpg

I like that 70th anniversary jersey. It looks have if the sleeves are cut more like a gamer which I think is cool. I have a Bailey authentic jersey in that style minus the 70th patch, but it has the longer style sleeves. Do you know if many of the 70ths came with the shorter sleeves?

Mine arrived today and I definitely see what you were saying about being less stiff than the 80th, I like that. Question though, are the stripes on the sleeves of your jersey screened? Mine are, but that is not what I was expecting.

I have a question, particularly about the Elite jerseys. How is the size of the number on the back? I know on the Reebok Authentics, the number was kind of small compared to what would be on the in-game jerseys. Does Nike make theirs closer to the real thing?

Mine arrived today and I definitely see what you were saying about being less stiff than the 80th, I like that. Question though, are the stripes on the sleeves of your jersey screened? Mine are, but that is not what I was expecting.

Mine are screened as well, not a big deal to me though.

Thanks, I'm definitely happy with it, I just didn't expect the stripes to be screened though. All good, it's still a great jersey!

---------- Post added January-4th-2013 at 05:14 PM ----------

Not sure, I haven't seen a Nike gamer in person yet to make a comparison. I have 2 Nike elites (80th and away white) and the numbers look to be sized right to me, but I can't say for sure until I see a Nike gamer in person.

Yes - the sleeve stripes are screened on both the burgundy and white elites.

The top stripe appears screened on the true authentic as well, although it's really hard to draw a comparison due to the differences in construction.

img11144517.jpg

Appreciate the verification that your white was a little thinner, too - glad that wasn't just mine.

Yes - the sleeve stripes are screened on both the burgundy and white elites.

The top stripe appears screened on the true authentic as well, although it's really hard to draw a comparison due to the differences in construction.

http://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog2381/folder12155/img11144517.jpg

Appreciate the verification that your white was a little thinner, too - glad that wasn't just mine.

Gotcha! Thanks for the comparison pic. It does look like the top stripe is screened on the gamer as well. I'm not complaining one bit, I love the jersey! Thank you for recommending it. I think I might even like this white one better than my 80th elite and that's saying a lot because I love that jersey! Hahaha

I like that 70th anniversary jersey. It looks have if the sleeves are cut more like a gamer which I think is cool. I have a Bailey authentic jersey in that style minus the 70th patch, but it has the longer style sleeves. Do you know if many of the 70ths came with the shorter sleeves?

The initial batch with the patch only had the shorter sleeves.

Archived