Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark The Homer

Jerseys - Game-Worn, Team-Issued, Authentic, Replica, Fake, and everything in between

All I know is what I see on the site - same as you. If you can find some good info, get back to us please. :)

i placed an order and ill let you know what they look like when i get them

*bumping so this thread doesn't get lost. Can this thread get a sticky?

*agreed. I was looking for the post the other day and wondered how quickly it disappeared. I also vote that this thread gets stickied somewhere.

I have a burgundy #29 Sam Shade throwback replica. Who can beat that?

Is that a Reebok or an Adidas? I'd like to see an Adidas replica. I think maybe they don't exist?

Is that a Reebok or an Adidas? I'd like to see an Adidas replica. I think maybe they don't exist?

Adidas replica's do exist. I once had a replica Deion Sanders jersey. These did on have the NFL logo at the neck.

Adidas replica's do exist. I once had a replica Deion Sanders jersey. These did on have the NFL logo at the neck.

I have a Stephen Davis White Adidas Replica. I got it at Modells in Manassas back in 2000 when I went back for the Season Opener. I thought that it would be a safe jersey to get considering Big Country had just signed a huge contract the day before the game.

Out of all the Jerseys I have that was the only one I actually bought while I was back in the D.C. Area.

These did on have the NFL logo at the neck.
Say again? You are garbled. :)
I have a Stephen Davis White Adidas Replica. I got it at Modells in Manassas back in 2000 when I went back for the Season Opener. I thought that it would be a safe jersey to get considering Big Country had just signed a huge contract the day before the game.

Out of all the Jerseys I have that was the only one I actually bought while I was back in the D.C. Area.

Could you post a pic? What makes it so much different from an authentic, which is also screened? Thanks

Say again? You are garbled. :)

Sorry, I had marble mouth yesterday. Meant to say there was no nfl logo at the neck. Obviously :)

Yeen, Fuji - in what country was your Adidas replica made?

Fuji, could you post a pic? I am curious what the difference is between an Adidas replica and an Adidas authentic since authentics were screened - at least they should have been - in '99 and '00.

Are the logos screened on those replicas?

Fuji, are you missing the NFL shield too?

Fuji, could you post a pic? I am curious what the difference is between an Adidas replica and an Adidas authentic since authentics were screened - at least they should have been - in '99 and '00.

I no longer have mine as I gave it to Goodwill years ago. But yes, the entire jersey was screened on. It actually had a slight resemblance to the gamers back then...unlike the Reebok versions of today.

When Fuji posts a picture....you'll see what I'm referring to

Mark-

Take a look at ebay auction number 150260341625

It's an Adidas replica. This is what I had for Deion Sanders

I no longer have mine as I gave it to Goodwill years ago. But yes, the entire jersey was screened on. It actually had a slight resemblance to the gamers back then...unlike the Reebok versions of today.

When Fuji posts a picture....you'll see what I'm referring to

Okay, because of my two Adidas authentics, one has the Adidas logo as a patch, the other has the Adidas logo as embroidered. Neither are screened. So apparently a screened logo on an Adidas replica is one of the differences.

Here you go.

There is no NFL Shield because they did not start putting the NFL Shield on the Replica Jerseys until 2002. The numbers are all press on, just like the Redskins Jerseys were in 2000. The Jersey was made in Mexico.

001.jpg?t=1214276948

004.jpg?t=1214277048

003.jpg?t=1214277091

between this and knowing every seat in Fedex like you live there, you should seriously think about putting it all on paper

Actually, I should probably go see a doctor. But thanks.

well we all should probably go see a dr :silly: but you do have a great wealth of knowledge man. If they ever have a "sports jeopardy" you should go on it lol

Below is a pic of a counterfeit Reebok Authentic jersey. At first glance, it appears to be a very nice jersey. It has retail tags attached to it, indicating it to be a licensed, authentic NFL jersey from Reebok. This is also indicated in the loop tag at the back of the neck. There is a narrow silver strip sewn into the back of the neck that says "NFL Equipment" with a tiny NFL shield which is typical of licensed NFL retail jerseys. The sleeves are screened correctly, and the letters of the name are sewn. The nameplate is sewn. The numbers are two layers - burgundy on top of gold, and both burgundy and gold numbers are sewn. The Reebok logo is machine-embroidered onto the sleeves. The NFL shield is sewn to the front collar. The name "REDSKINS" on the chest is embroidered. The jock tag is properly placed.

dcp3972spr8.jpg

But note the size tag which is incorrect (should be numbers, not letters), and the small weak pathetic font showing "Redskins" on the front. Note the stitching below. The stitches are very close together and almost perpendicular to the edge of the letters. This is typical of Korean-made fake jerseys. Korea is known world-wide for their expertise in tailoring, so Korea would be a natural source of counterfeiting. Unfortunately, Korea also makes legitimate Authentics, which doesn't help identify Korean counterfeits. The stitching is actually very attractive and high in quality, but it's not tackle-twill. Also, you can see the letter cut-outs do not look machined and are not precise. Although they look nice at first glance, if you look closely, the letters appear to have been cut manually by somebody with a pair of scissors or some other sharp tool.

dcp3974shp7.jpg

Same problem with the numbers. Nice attractive stitch, but it's not correct. Also, the reebok logo looks embroidered. It's also incorrect because, although it should be embroidered, it's supposed to look like a patch - meaning it should have a background to it. This one doesn't.

dcp3975set6.jpg

Yet, another problem with the jersey is the fabric. Note the texture. A legit authentic Reebok jersey has fabric that more closely resembles a game jersey which is smooth, slightly cream-colored, and not as bright. This fabric is the same as the fabric of a replica jersey.

I actually bought a MOSS Authentic jersey from Sports Authority.com and I was surprised to see that that's how they are made. I thought the jersey was fake when I first laid eyes on it. I guess this is what Reebok is doing now-a-days to set the Authentics apart from the Game-Worns. I also have JC's in Burgundy, Landry's 75th Anniversay and a Taylor 70th Anniversay(I know he never wore it.) all Authentics. What I do not understand is why the White Moss jersey is the only jersey without the spandex. The Campbell, LAndry, and Taylor Authentics stretch like theres no tomorrow, as well as have the elastic around the arms. Moss's white jersey doesn't stretch only on the shoulders, just as it is advertised, but the chest and sides of the jersey stretches. ( MAkes no sense to me)