Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark The Homer

Jerseys - Game-Worn, Team-Issued, Authentic, Replica, Fake, and everything in between

Okay, so the mesh fabric on the reebok actually stretches a little bit then. Right?

Yes, on both of the Reeboks it is the stretchy, durable material that I prefer.

Cool. Thanks. I'll incorporate this into post #1 eventually. :cheers:

Edit: REDSKINS8181, you wanted to see some of my jerseys. Here's all of them, minus the replicas. Three of these are Authentics, the rest are gamers:

dcp5727ck3.jpg

Several of them are posted already in post #1. More pics are coming!

2 questions:

1. How come the so called "korean' authentic ones on ebay are no longer there anymore. To me they are close enough to real authentic to pick them up instead of paying like nearly $400 for a jersey.

2. Where do you guys get the official game like jerseys to buy id like to get one of them? like a game worn one.

Edit: REDSKINS8181, you wanted to see some of my jerseys. Here's all of them, minus the replicas. Three of these are Authentics, the rest are gamers:

A beautiful sight.

Is there a number we can call to report on a schmuck who ripped us off by selling a fake Skins jersey? I have someone in mind now in St. Mary's county.

dcp5727ck3.jpg

Mark, can you list what you have? Thanks

2 questions:

1. How come the so called "korean' authentic ones on ebay are no longer there anymore. To me they are close enough to real authentic to pick them up instead of paying like nearly $400 for a jersey.

2. Where do you guys get the official game like jerseys to buy id like to get one of them? like a game worn one.

1. I don't know. Maybe because it's off season? Whether they are "close enough" is totally up to you. To me, "close enough" means you can't easily tell the difference. Others might think differently. You mentioned only two options. There's a third option: Don't buy either of them.

2. The Collectors Sale at the stadium in January is a good place to start. They do come up on eBay too, once in a while. There's a couple up right now. www.jimyackel.com has one on his site. There's probably others too if you google around and look.

Where is the best place to get a REAL authentic jersey. I didn't know that the 3 that I have are fakes until I read your post. I bought them off of ebay:doh:

I would google around and check eBay too. I would ask the seller specifically whether he is licensed to sell Reebok Authentic jerseys. I would look for sales. For example, during draft day 6-7 weeks ago, authentics were being sold at the stadium for $79.95.

It's my understanding that a Reebok authentic costs a dealer around $140.

Mark, can you list what you have? Thanks
Sure, if you list what you have. :)
Is there a number we can call to report on a schmuck who ripped us off by selling a fake Skins jersey? I have someone in mind now in St. Mary's county.

I don't know a number, but you might contact them by email. You can probably find something at nfl.com or nflshop.com. I think nflshop.com has a chat feature, as well.

Looks like I just can't trust anybody on EBAY!!!! I guess I have always known that......:doh: I spent over $160 for 3 FAKE jerserys.:(

Not sure who you can call there. If you suspect counterfeit items on ebay, you can report them to ebay. Out here in AZ, they file criminal charges against people who sell fake jerseys.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2008/05/18/20080518merchandise0518-ONL.html

mark how do you wash your authentic jerseys?does anyone know if reebok has some type of guarantee on their jerseys?i have a taylor authentic i got off redskin.com about a year ago and there is slight tears over the letter E in the embroidered REDSKINS on the chest over the numbers.its obviously a manufacturer defect not wear and tear.

mark how do you wash your authentic jerseys?does anyone know if reebok has some type of guarantee on their jerseys?i have a taylor authentic i got off redskin.com about a year ago and there is slight tears over the letter E in the embroidered REDSKINS on the chest over the numbers.its obviously a manufacturer defect not wear and tear.

I try not to wash them. I'm very careful when I wear them. Usually, one might get a few smudges, and I'll hand wash that specific area and leave the rest alone. If I do wash them, I'll throw them in the wash, gentle cycle, warm, with a small amount of detergent. Hang dry. Be advised - the screening on loose-sleeve gamers or authentics is more apt to get little cracks along the edges than on replicas because the screening is thicker.

Re guarantees, I believe nflshop.com. redskins.com and the Redskins stores have a 30 day no questions asked return policy. I'm not aware of any other sort of guarantee.

Prediction: The place gets a letter from a law firm representing you-know-who and stops doing nfl work within the next few months. Better get your order in sooner rather than later.

The letter font is incorrect. Maybe the font can be changed to a straight font manually?

Nice link though. Thanks. :)

Edit: Just found this in the My Documents folder. It's a text file from Nov, 2005. I have no recall on this, maybe I bought a jersey from him? It reads:

Hey Mark,

My address is <edit out>@verizon.net. About the fabric for the jersey, it's really tough to find. I got it from a place called gametimefabrics.com. They supply the nfl, ncaa and other organizations with material to make jerseys. They have the real heavy mesh and the real thick nylon spandexy stuff that is on the shoulder section and sides of real authentics. You can't get it from a fabric store. Anyway, good to hear from you, I'll chat with you later. Take care,

Clint

www.gametimefabrics.com looks promising if you're looking for nameplates.

mark do you mean that the numbers and letters from eastern lettering arent the same on the authentics.i couldnt find pics of the numbers or letters on their site.

Alright Mark. I just bought this baby for $500 smackaroos off ebay. But I'm having second thoughts. Here, I'll post a pick of it:

F90.gif

It's a Chuck Drazenovich authentic. I've really gotta good feeling about this.

So. What do ya think?

mark do you mean that the numbers and letters from eastern lettering arent the same on the authentics.i couldnt find pics of the numbers or letters on their site.
Click here and look at the top of the page. Those fonts are not correct.

http://easternlettering.net/store/index.php?cPath=17&osCsid=b18d7ad8713d07743961b1256b3eed48http://easternlettering.net/store/index.php?cPath=17&osCsid=b18d7ad8713d07743961b1256b3eed48

Alright Mark. I just bought this baby for $500 smackaroos off ebay. But I'm having second thoughts. Here, I'll post a pick of it:

F90.gif

So. What do ya think?

I think you're joking. :)

Here is the ebay page....all the info you need.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/isgw-buyer-protection-steps.html

Thanks. This jersey wasn't off of Ebay, it was sold to my wife at the Calvert County Fair. She called me and I already had a Cooley jersey. The guy at the booth was a complete turd and wouldn't give her a $105 refund on the fake. She asked the Calvert Sheriff to help her and he laughed at the Sheriff and wouldn't give a refund. Finally, she went to the Maryland State's Attorney and this guy has a very bad reputation. We were stuck with the jersey and the guy who is a massive Redskins fan just laughed at us. Never never never buy a jersey at the Calvert County Fair or any fair in Southern Maryland. I will be happy to give his name privately, but I don't want a lawsuit. I am going to turn him in to the NFL and let them cut him to ribbons for selling fakes with a no return policy.

Thanks. This jersey wasn't off of Ebay, it was sold to my wife at the Calvert County Fair. Never never never buy a jersey at the Calvert County Fair or any fair in Southern Maryland. I will be happy to give his name privately, but I don't want a lawsuit. I am going to turn him in to the NFL and let them cut him to ribbons for selling fakes with a no return policy.

:doh: Sorry..I am on ebay all the time and always think it all comes from ebay. Yeah I hope the guy is put out of business, keep us updated on what happens with the slug.

F90.gif

So. What do ya think?

I had to check completed ebay auctions just to make sure. :laugh:

:doh: Sorry..I am on ebay all the time and always think it all comes from ebay. Yeah I hope the guy is put out of business, keep us updated on what happens with the slug.

It's cool Hognose. He's a piece of dirt and a HUGE Skins fan with a HUGE valuable Skins jersey collection which I have seen. I wonder if he's seen this thread... :jerk:

arent those the laser cut letters? i think the authentic kit comes with the teams font because it has the teams separated