Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For those complaining about gas prices one thing will help

jbooma

SLOW DOWN :)

If you go the speed limit you will go further on one tank of gas. Just tell your boss you are late because you conserving gas and did not sleep through the snooze bar yet again :laugh: :laugh:

This is a public service annoucement :)

I bike to work. It's a thing of beauty, because it takes me about five minutes. I stay on the sidewalk the whole way there. It is my middle finger to the oil companies.

Has anybody noticed that SUVs aren't selling at all? The price guides can't keep up with how fast they're dropping. I don't know how the country will respond to this and the housing market, but I'm predicting a Great Depression situation here. Nobody's buying anything anymore, and everybody's losing their stuff.

Thanks, Bush. You should have done something when the housing market was out of control. People were buying houses they couldn't afford, and it's your fault. Don't get me wrong - it's their fault, too. Still, houses are worthless now. I bought the cheapest house I could afford, and it was still $220,000. Now, it's probably worth $180,000, and that's only because of location.

Thanks, oil companies. Nobody can afford to go to work anymore.

Thanks, oil companies. Nobody can afford to go to work anymore.

Sorry but the housing issue is on the lendors no one else, they are the ones that gave out loans to people who most likely were not even QUALIFIED for them.

I bike to work. It's a thing of beauty, because it takes me about five minutes. I stay on the sidewalk the whole way there. It is my middle finger to the oil companies.

Yea, but going to work, is only a portion of one's travel.

What about all the other errands you have to run, and other activities, entertainment, that aren't so close to your home ?

This is a bit off topic but still in the spirit of the thread (Gas Prices and strategy to save)

I may be offerred a new job this week. It will involve 40 weeks of travel (2-3 days each). All expenses covered by the firm, along with my internet and cell phone bills.

At first, I wasnt sure about the travel aspect, but the times when I am not travelling would be spent working out of my home.

Currently, I spend nearly $75 per week on gas going to my office that is about 30 miles away.

The gas savings has definitely become a bigger factor in my decision making now.

SS, travel while you can and arent attached to something here. If you have the opp to be paid to see the world I would advise taking it. You can always come back home and you can always pick back up when you get back..

I am definitely interested in seeing more of the world and I think that the working from home (or wherever I happen to be laying my head) will offest the 40, 2-3 day trips.

It could also free me up to sell my house (which I need to get out from under). And live where I choose, even back near my folks during this difficult challenge for our family.

The hardest part is that I would be away from my wife and little girls much more than now.

There is also a good increase in pay plus a fat 25% annual bonus to sweeten the deal.

damn...well im not calling you dad!!

where were you when I got suspended 2 times??!!!!

you are a terrible dad and you owe jumbo child support! :laugh:

I'm your ES Daddy, not your Probation Officer.

I can't keep track of you ALL the time.

And sometimes a Daddy has to let the kid learn the hard way.

Archived