Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Star-Telegram: Namesake doesn’t know about "Marion Barber Rule"

tr1

By CHAREAN WILLIAMS

http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/661470.html

IRVING -- It is being called the "Marion Barber Rule", but its namesake doesn’t know anything about it.

“What’s that? What happened?” Barber asked.

Offensive players using stiff arms to the face of defenders always was against the rules, but officials rarely called it. After watching Barber turn the stiff arm into “a weapon” as one member of the NFL’s competition committee put it, the rule has become a point of emphasis for this season.

Officials have been told to throw a flag when an offensive player grabs onto or twists the facemask of a defender -- a 15-yard facemask penalty -- or when he violently shoves a defender aside with a stiff arm to the face -- a 15-yard hands-to-the-face penalty.

“Then, I’m going to use the elbow,” Barber said, jokingly, before adding, “I didn’t even know. I’m going to have to read up on it. So you can’t stiff arm at all? What about the throat?

Barber will get his chance to ask officials about the rule during training camp. The Cowboys report to training camp July 24 in Oxnard, Calif. Every NFL team meets with officials before the season to go over any new rules and points of emphasis.

Figures you'd know about the throat - the Cowboys are experts at choking. :laugh:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah x a million

OMG this is probably THE BEST post I've evr seen. I'm about to piss myself. hahahahhahahhaha ohhh mannn

that was great:laugh:

Why, were the Redskins the favored to represent the NFC in the Superbowl? Did we have half of our team in the Pro-bowl? You guys were 13-3, then you choked. Why is that so hard for you pokes to understand?

Did the Dolphins choke also? I don't think all 31 teams had the same expectations heading into the playoffs.

I don't think all 31 teams had the same expectations heading into the playoffs.

Ok then let me rephrase it, every team that made it to the playoffs, bsides the Giants, choked. Once you get into the playoffs, it doesn't matter what you've done, everyone is 0-0

:laugh: Wow. Just wow.

So now it's not the Cowboy's fault - it was fate. I guess you can't defend the indefensible.

The Giants were the hottest team in the playoffs, no one was going to beat them...It's not like they lost to some team that lost the next round, they lost to the eventual champions.

The Giants were the hottest team in the playoffs, no one was going to beat them...It's not like they lost to some team that lost the next round, they lost to the eventual champions.

What NFL were you watching?? lol the Pats were the Hottest team in the playoffs and everyone thought the giants were going to be pushovers in the superbowl.. :laugh:

this guy..

What NFL were you watching?? lol the Pats were the Hottest team in the playoffs and everyone thought the giants were going to be pushovers in the superbowl.. :laugh:

this guy..

Obviously they weren't the hottest team since they got beat...what NFL were you watching?

Was the other guy on topic when he was taling about the Cowboys choking? I thought we were talking about the stiff arm rule.

Yes, he was on topic. He was talking about those choking dog pukes, of whom, MB is a member.

Is this really that difficult?

Yes, he was on topic. He was talking about those choking dog pukes, of whom, MB is a member.

Is this really that difficult?

Then I defended the remark that the Cowboys were chokers.Looks like I was on topic to me.

Obviously they weren't the hottest team since they got beat...what NFL were you watching?

What in the HELL are you babbling about?? You said the Giants were the hottest team DURING the playoffs.. we arent talking about after everyone KNOWS who won the superbowl. we are talking about who was expected to win and the Patriots were undefeated going into the SB. Are you that thick?

Then I defended the remark that the Cowboys were chokers.Looks like I was on topic to me.

How can you defend the cowoboys are chokers? when they choked?

It's not as they won, and you are defending that. They lost. and NO ONE knew the giants were going to win the SB, not even you.

What in the HELL are you babbling about?? You said the Giants were the hottest team DURING the playoffs.. we arent talking about after everyone KNOWS who won the superbowl. we are talking about who was expected to win and the Patriots were undefeated going into the SB. Are you that thick?

It really doesn't matter who we thought was the hottest team in the playoffs, it matters who was, and that obviously was the Giants, to argue that they weren't is stupid.

How can you defend the cowoboys are chokers? when they choked?

It's not as they won, and you are defending that. They lost. and NO ONE knew the giants were going to win the SB, not even you.

All i'm saying is that if you're going to say that the Cowboys choked, then say everyone else did too since they didn't win the Superbowl.

It really doesn't matter who we thought was the hottest team in the playoffs, it matters who was, and that obviously was the Giants, to argue that they weren't is stupid.

THEY WERE NOT THE HOTTEST TEAM IN THE PLAYOFFS DUMBASS. The Giants were expected to lose to the patriots. EVERYONE thought the patriots were going to beat the giants. How could that have been if the giants were the hottest team in the playoffs?? Yes, they are the SB champions, but they were not the hottest team in the playoffs. You are about stupid

Archived