Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rolling Thunder - Ride to the Wall (Now with Pics)

Just wanted to point out to those who may be living under a rock:silly: . Rolling Thunder and the Ride to the Wall is happening this weekend in D.C.

Will be good times even if you don't ride. They will have concerts, events, food, etc. For those of us who do ride, how many of you are going???

I'll definitely be there.

And let us not forget what this bike rally, ride, and weekend is truly about;)

They let peopl who own Katana's go to these?????

I was down at bike week in Myrtle Beach all last week for Harley/Chopper week and they were cool with it. Their main thing is "Hey, you are riding on 2 wheels right?"

There still are those few *******s who won't let it go, but for the most part Sport Bikes have been accepted or tolerated by Harley guys. I'm probably gonna buy a Harley next year and go to Sturgis with it.

I know that, I rode a 750 CBR for several years , I was curious to who accepts a Katana, I mean even the crotch rocket riders laugh at it.:D

There laughter is of jealously, to the fact that I'm comfortable with long rides on my Katana and I still have the quickness of most other sport bikes:D

Don't be hatin'

For anyone who has never been on the "Rolling Thunder" ride....

It is an awesome experience. My favorite part is the start up, nothing like 100,000+ bikes turning over at the same time. You will completely understand the name rolling thunder after this.

Aside from this the meaning behind the ridw will move even the most unmovable. If you a softy for human heartache, stay away from the wall. That experience will bring you to a blubbering state like no other.

Anyone on 2 (or even 3) wheels is accepted, make has no bearing at this event.

MIA/POW - You are gone but not forgotten

There laughter is of jealously, to the fact that I'm comfortable with long rides on my Katana and I still have the quickness of most other sport bikes:D

Don't be hatin'

When your hangin with a group of harley's, any sport bike is quicker, even a Kan-a-Tuna :laugh: That includes most Buells too :silly:

I've had two Katanas, a real one (1100cc) and an almost real one (650) back in the 80's. Never liked what became of one of the first real superbikes, but as long as it works for you, that's all that matters.

Here's a great one about a Buell rider shooting off his mouth to a Triumph rider.

Triumph VS Buell

Got lots of friends doing Rolling Thunder........... Wish I could be there

Had an awesome time at the rally this weekend. It's not over yet as they still have more events scheduled for tomorrow, but here are some pics I took.

It was just as emotionally moving to see the people lined up cheering and giving us high fives as we rode by as it was to see the massive turnout of bikers.

IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1387.jpg

IMG_1388.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

IMG_1404.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

• 2 years later...

Anyone go to Rolling Thunder this year? I just got back to my house and I'm burnt!!!

Another great Rolling Thunder and another great crowd.

This was my second time doing the ride and I still got choked up/teary eyed when looking at people as we went by. They have that "Thank you for all that you do by not forgetting about our MIAs/POWs".

If you own a bike and live within a couple hundred miles of the DC area, then you need to do this ride just to experience it!

Archived