Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AOL Fanhouse: Newspaper Photographer Keeps Shooting Track Meet after...

Fergasun

after he's pierced by a javelin...
A newspaper photographer named Ryan McGeeney was shooting the Utah state high school track championships for the Ogden Standard-Examiner over the weekend when he suddenly found himself to be the subject of the most interesting photos to come out of the track meet. McGeeney was shooting the discus event on Saturday morning while the javelin event was taking place in another part of BYU's Clarence Robison track stadium. Unfortunately for McGeeney, the javelin wasn't quite as far away as he thought it was -- an errant javelin went straight through his leg.

Actually, I think that throw won the state championship... he was standing where he shouldn't have been...

Then he's a idiot, and the officials are incompetent. The combination of discuss and javelin on the same field at the same time is a recipe for disaster. They are lucky someone wasn't seriously hurt.

Reminds me of that track judge who got ruined by that javelin. Took it in the shoulder. He was on the field and wasn't supposed to be standing there but he wasn't expecting the stick to go that far. He promptly removed it from his body and marked the distance before sheepishly walking off the field to be attended to. Was that the Olympics? Like 70's or 80's? I've seen the clip somewhere...

Archived