Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

how about getting a retrackable roof for Fedex?

ddkk87

As Laxpunk pointed out, it would probably require a new stadium, which would probably mean major hikes in ticket prices (as terpskins pointed out). But if you live in the area, it could also mean higher taxes: I doubt that Snyder will want to build a new stadium just over a decade after the current one opened without any public financing. Then again, I also doubt that any sane public servant would agree to help finance a new stadium so soon. So the bottom line is that it's not going to happen anytime soon, and if you did, you'd probably be paying for it.

Agree. But some type of parapet roof overhang around the edges to reflect sound back into the stadium would be nice. Those of you who never caught a game at RFK wouldn't understand.

Even though I've never been in RFK during a game, I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about: FedEx is too open, letting crowd noise escape and reducing some of the home-field advantage and excitement. RFK, on the other hand, had seats that were practically on top of the sidelines, and was pretty enclosed, making the whole place reverberate when the crowd got going.

I agree: it would be nice to do something to help the crowd.

They should make everybody play outside, I can't stand dome games. Give me some mud, rain, snow, heat, etc. Basketball is good indoors, but football belongs outside.

Football is the most punishing sport. The elements are a part of it.

This isn't some pansy baseball game where it's raining and they have to delay it or reschedule it. This is the NFL. The NO FAIRIES LEAGUE :D

I think it is funny when people play the "Redskins football is played outdoors card." I wonder which of these people are also people who are cheering for more passing and "gadget plays" in the Zorn Offense.

"Redskins" football is played outdoors when the offense is designed to be a grind it out in the trenches offense. When you are trying to develop a pass-heavy, open offense, you are better off on turf. Me? I'll take Redskins football, played outdoors with more talent and money invested in the offensive line instead of 45 WRs with maxed-out-contracts. But we seem to be going away from that with Zorn.

Agree. But some type of parapet roof overhang around the edges to reflect sound back into the stadium would be nice. Those of you who never caught a game at RFK wouldn't understand.

If the stadium isn't build to retain and enhance sound, it won't ever do a good job of that. I too, miss RFK. It's too bad that Snyder's objective in the new stadium wasn't to support the team and fans, but to generate revenue. That however, is business.

I personally prefer the outdoor on grass experience, but that's me.

I think the West Coast offense will do just fine on grass, in the elements, as I recall that is the way the 49ers played in back in the day (it doesn't get as humid, or snow as much in SF, but it does rain and get hot/cold there).

I also believe that the West Coast offense zone blocking schemes will benefit from the grass, as the defenders won't be able to recover as fast as they would on turf.

The parapet roof is the best idea ive heard so far. I don't see why, Danny wouldn't invest in an engineering/audio company to come in and figure out a solution to reflect sound back into the largest stadium in the NFL.

We spend loads of money on the coaches/players and other items, why not listen to the fans and replace the seats in the lower bowl with the bouncing seats we had at RFK?

Then again, why are we asking for this stuff when we can't even get an up to date scoreboard?

Yeah no domes. The elements really helped in that Cowboys game. I know that Mr. Snyder would like one for the simple fact that he wants to host a super bowl, but if they want to host one here it should be in the cold weather. I am tired of the super bowl being an "event". The real football fans who would love to see the game get frozen out and the stars and all the uppity people get go in. NO DOMES!

Archived