Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rarely-seen celestial body to be visible in Central Maryland/NOVA Friday!

Teller

www.frednecknoospost.com/sun

FREDERICK, Md. -- Central Marylanders will have the opportunity to catch a glimpse of a rarely seen celestial visitor known as "the sun" this coming Friday afternoon.

The sun, a large, bright star, whose responsibilities include lighting and heating the earth, hasn't been visible to daytime star-gazers throughout Maryland and Northern Virginia in nearly two weeks.

"We're really excited about the opportunity to see the sun with the naked eye," said the University of Maryland's Dr. Aloysius Norainne. "We believe that the conditions on Friday could provide us with the best opportunity to view the sun in more than a month."

Not all of Dr. Norraine's colleagues agreed, however.

"Despite the well-intentioned ramblings of Dr. Norraine, there is very little conclusive proof that the sun actually exists," said philosophy chair Dr. Noestra Dumas. "It's like trying to prove the existence of God. Everytime you think you've done it, you get Corcaighed."

Dr. Sonny McCraine, chair of the UM Meterology Department concurred with Dr. Dumas.

"We absolutely cannot 100% prove the existence of the sun," Dr. McCraine said. "It's entirely possible that the earth is now being heated entirely by man-made global warming. I guess we'll find out for sure on Friday."

Is it just me, or have you had all the frigging "liquid sunshine" you can stand?

Hello?

Mother Nature?

I don't live in Seattle.

There's a reason for that.

Kindly adjust fire.

Thanks!

:cheers:

i thought hog was thinking of streaking the area. :doh:

I said "celestial" body, not "heavenly."

I always used to tell my ex that I had the body of a god. Yeah, so it happened to be Buddha. It's still the body of a god. :laugh:

You see, this is what I'm talking about, elitist West Virginians poking fun at one of Maryland's finest towns, and our sun too. :mad:

Funny stuff, Hog. :applause:

(I'm with ya, and I'm done with this weather. Is it May or March?)

Wow.

Awesome.

I kid you not, that's the first time in my life I've been called "elitist."

I just might up and change my name to honorary_hussein_hog. :laugh:

Seriously though, this sucks. I'm usually not one of those people who's affected by dreary weather, but it's been going on so long it's starting to get to me a little bit.

And we can't take much more water at the house. The groundwater is so high the roads are getting an inch or more of standing water on them from just a shower.

Archived