Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Malcom Kelly Draft Stock Dropping Big - Still Slow as of 4/16(merged)

2006Skins

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/04/16/bc.fbn.malcolmkelly.wor.ap/index.html

This article talks about Kelly's new 40 plus he's meeting with the Skins right now. Some people did have him clocked higher though. I do think 40 times are overrated, but does this change anyone's mind. Personally, If he's there at 21, I'll take him. I think when healty he's the best in this class. Wat ya'll think

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/04/16/bc.fbn.malcolmkelly.wor.ap/index.html

This article talks about Kelly's new 40 plus he's meeting with the Skins right now. Some people did have him clocked higher though. I do think 40 times are overrated, but does this change anyone's mind. Personally, If he's there at 21, I'll take him. I think when healty he's the best in this class. Wat ya'll think

No thanks. Even if he found himself some AstroTurf and ran a faster time that still doesn't change the way he reacted before. I'm not interested in a guy who immaturely has a temper tantrum and throws his school and his conditioning coach under the bus because he ran a bad 40 time on a surface that is the most used in the NFL. Not to mention arguing with officials at his workout and throwing his shoes when he got upset at his time (yes apparently he actually threw his shoes).

I know that. That's why i said some people had him clocked higher.
Well, you should have gone by thse #'s because they are official. The times the agent released are about as unofficial as you can get. Take into account he ran on astroturf and the entire thing is completely irrelevant. Most teams will either disregard this or have alreay disregarded Kelly because of his earlier actions.

No thanks. Even if he found himself some AstroTurf and ran a faster time that still doesn't change the way he reacted before. I'm not interested in a guy who immaturely has a temper tantrum and throws his school and his conditioning coach under the bus because he ran a bad 40 time on a surface that is the most used in the NFL. Not to mention arguing with officials at his workout and throwing his shoes when he got upset at his time (yes apparently he actually threw his shoes).

Well at least he cares. I'm not an expert, but I don't think field turf or whatever should make that big of a difference. At the same time I think it did affect his running. Just watch his film and watch him blow past corners. If I was in his situation I would be pissed too. You know how many MILLIONS he lost in one workout.

Well' date=' you should have gone by thse #'s because they are official. The times the agent released are about as unofficial as you can get. Take into account he ran on astroturf and the entire thing is completely irrelevant. Most teams will either disregard this or have alreay disregarded Kelly because of his earlier actions.[/quote']

I'm sorry I didn't know I said offical. I also put a ? in the title for a reason. I guess next time I will spell it out for you.

lets not forget that football is played on field turf, duh huh everyone else in our division has it on their field. uhh well malcom we play in philly this week so you just stay home this week. i am a sooner fan but i am a skins fan first, i do not want this kid on our team. the temper tantrum is typical for a kid his age, dont get me wrong i dont like it, but it is typical. the bigger concern for me is his health. he could be a great wr, i just dont see it.

I'm sure that the Cardinals are really dissapointed that Anquan Boldin only runs a 4.71 40.:rolleyes:

Pretty much, if he uses his size properly, works hard in and out of breaks and route running and is hungry for the ball he'll have success. I really get tired of this combine numbers crap...see how much it really matters once player step on the field. 40times and number of reps isn't everything...there are a lot of other intangibles and measures.

I'm sorry I didn't know I said offical. I also put a ? in the title for a reason. I guess next time I will spell it out for you.
Relax. I didn't say you said they were official, but your title and post are somewhat misleading, even with the "?". I'm simply suggesting that you reference the "official" times as well.

Either way, we aren't going to draft a WR wth our first four picks because we are the team that's going to land Chad Johnson. I'm completely against the move, but it will happen. On June 1st to be specific(unless Danny's geniuses can find a way for the Bungles to solve the cap hit problem).

Relax. I didn't say you said they were official' date=' but your title and post are somewhat misleading, even with the "?". I'm simply suggesting that you reference the "official" times as well.

Either way, we aren't going to draft a WR wth our first four picks because we are the team that's going to land Chad Johnson. I'm completely against the move, but it will happen. On June 1st to be specific(unless Danny's geniuses can find a way for the Bungles to solve the cap hit problem).[/quote']

It's all good. I hope we do get johnson though.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/malcolmkelly.html

Three-year starter who came out after his junior season...Tore the meniscus in his knee during the Fiesta Bowl as a sophomore and he missed Spring Practice in '07 after undergoing surgery to repair it....Didn't work out at the Scouting Combine or the Sooners original Pro Day due to a quadriceps injury...There have been reports that some teams are so concerned about the health of both his knees he could be removed from their draft boards all together...A very good player who can enjoy a nice pro career as a possession receiver but he is an overrated prospect who was in many ways a product of internet and media hype....Poor-man's Dwayne Jarrett.

We draft this guy, we are dumb.

Something many of you need to realize..these are FOOTBALL players. They all have or in some cases have had some kind of injury. So long as it's not some serious thing that is seriously chronic and debilitating it's not a huge deal.

Many are 20 something year olds that can bounce back without a hitch(Willis McGahee for example) Adrian Peterson was even brought up for injury concern and went 7th or 8th I think and look at him now.

Something many of you need to realize..these are FOOTBALL players. They all have or in some cases have had some kind of injury. So long as it's not some serious thing that is seriously chronic and debilitating it's not a huge deal.

Many are 20 something year olds that can bounce back without a hitch(Willis McGahee for example) Adrian Peterson was even brought up for injury concern and went 7th or 8th I think and look at him now.

Don't even go there! I too hope Vinny is smart enough to stay away from this guy. He's trouble with a capital "T". BTW, you might want to read this link:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d807cc5dc&template=with-video&confirm=true

Pretty much, if he uses his size properly, works hard in and out of breaks and route running and is hungry for the ball he'll have success. I really get tired of this combine numbers crap...see how much it really matters once player step on the field. 40times and number of reps isn't everything...there are a lot of other intangibles and measures.

There's the possibility that Bolden had a bad day when he ran that 4.71 fourty time. He surely looks faster than a 4.71 WR. But he didn't complain and made the best of his situation. Kelly has had at least two cracks at it and still he comes up slow.

Scouts and coaches will have to do their homework and read all the reports on this guy and work him out prior to the draft and make a wise determination about his true value as a speed guy. But more importantly, in their interviews with Malcolm the GM and coaches will have to ask him some tough questions.

The Skins might very well draft him. I sincerely hope not.

Archived