Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Malcom Kelly Draft Stock Dropping Big - Still Slow as of 4/16(merged)

2006Skins

I like what Kelly did on the field at Oklahoma. Then again Sooner WRs haven't performed as well as expected in the League. With most WRs dropping I'm starting to lean towards not taking a WR until round 3 where some quality talent will still be available. Regardless of his 40 time Kelly still is a top WR prospect but still has bust-potential just like every other WR in the draft this year.

I've never really been on the Kelly bandwagon but, in his defense, he creates separation with his height and cutting ability, not his straight line speed. Boldin does the same thing. Welker creates it with his quickness. His 40 time would probably be a factor if he was shorter and hadn't run a good 4.24 shuttle but I doubt it hurts him that much.

i usually don't put much stock in 40 times, but he's had kneed troubles in the past. those 40yd times tell me his knees aren't healthy yet.

40 times are completely overblown imo. What the 40 time tells me is that his technique proabably wasn't that good. Also keep in mind Kelly practiced on astro turf and he performed the 40 on field turf. Big difference and I can see how he is upset at the last minute change.

Why is that "painful"? I thought your guy was Jordy, not Kelly.

Jordy is my guy, in the second or hopefully third. Longtime Sooner fans usually dont care to much for longhorns...simple really. i have never understood your stance on Jordy vs Sweed seeing how they are most likely going in different rounds...what gives

:point2sky <----Jordy!!!!!!!!!

Jordy is my guy, in the second or hopefully third. Longtime Sooner fans usually dont care to much for longhorns...simple really. i have never understood your stance on Jordy vs Sweed seeing how they are most likely going in different rounds...what gives

:point2sky <----Jordy!!!!!!!!!

Because we aren't going to be picking both of them up unless for some inane reason we use our 1st and 2nd or 1st and 3rd on WRs. I've explained my stance to you before, in depth.

Because we aren't going to be picking both of them up unless for some inane reason we use our 1st and 2nd or 1st and 3rd on WRs. I've explained my stance to you before, in depth.

Jordy in the 3rd is much better than Sweed in the first :D I was hoping Kelly would run a good 40 because he was a better reciever than Sweed and would have maybe pushed Sweed to the 2nd :whoknows: If we could get Albert I would trade our third and 2nd to move up in the second round to get Charles Rogers...:doh: I mean sweed..... maybe :whoknows:

Branden Albert and Jordy VS Sweed and who?

Well first of all because of all the hype surrounding Albert he will probably be gone by the time we pick. Anyway, yes there are quality Guards to be found a little later. Both Chilo Rachal and Roy Scheuning are 2nd or 3rd round prospects and both are very good players.

Jordy in the 3rd is much better than Sweed in the first :D I was hoping Kelly would run a good 40 because he was a better reciever than Sweed and would have maybe pushed Sweed to the 2nd :whoknows: If we could get Albert I would trade our third and 2nd to move up in the second round to get Charles Rogers...:doh: I mean sweed..... maybe :whoknows:
'

I wouldn't count on Albert. Some are now saying that he can be taken as highly as 5th because of his potential to play tackle. Albert could be a top 5 top 10 pick now; won't last until 21.

Sweek probably won't last until the 2nd now, as you pointed out, with Kelly's time. But I do think the talent difference between the top batch of receivers is minimal.

IMO the lines will be addressed with the first two picks unless there is a ridiculous player available (Rivers available at 21, Sweed/Kelly/Thomas available at 52, etc) at a good value.

And the specific similarities between Rogers and Sweed are?

i want hardy!@@#!$

i mean seriously.

where is he projected again?!

I have always been on the Hardy bandwagon. The eagles are very interested in him and he has a visit scheduled with the cowboys. Can't see why the skins aren't interested in him. Right now he is one of the fastest WRs in the draft

And the specific similarities between Rogers and Sweed are?

Toothpicks, fragile only Rogers was a much better prospect comming out of College and actually had a dominate College career. Like people are saying the diffrence in a Sweed and a James Hardy right now is minimal there is no point on reaching for Sweed when you can get a similar player later on in the draft. Sweed is not a strong reciever who can go over the middle and take hits, Break tackles and get huge YAC his frame will not allow those things to translate into the NFL. That is my opinion though.

How do you think his game will translate to the NFL and what current NFL reciever would you compare him to? I know you like him but honestly how big of a gap do you think there is in talent this year with the top 5 recievers? Is he head and shoulders better than James Hardy? I think it is debatable and for that reason alone I don't think he is worth our pick at 21. For the WCO we need a guy more like Early Doucet really someone who can go over the middle and take a hit and not have to brace himself as soon as he catches the ball.

No WR is worth a 1st round pick this year. The best ones should all start in the 2nd round. I would rather wait a round or two and get a WR like Early Doucet.

Plenty of them are worth 1st Rounders. Sweed is worth a Top 20 Pick. Thomas too. Hardy, in my opinion only, are 1st Rounders. Though Sweed and Thomas are definitely 1st round material.

I think you may have meant "No DE is worth a 1st Round pick this year." At least, no DE not named Long or Gholston.

I'm sorry but I have to state the obvious here. At that pro day, if you look at the linked page, two other DBs ran the forty that are noteworthy players. Both of their times were over 4.6. Seems to me like it was a slow surface. If you want to support Kelly, look at his tape. The kid can flat out play. I'm not a WR in the 1st supporter, but if Reggie and Kelly both ran slow then there where other factors at work here.

Archived