Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins emblem not recognized

ClemsSC7Skinfan

Once upon a time South Carolina was Skins country, odd that they wouldn't recognize it...must have been idiots.

Young idiots. If you're over about 30, you should have grown up watching 'em on the networks instead of the deadbeat black & blue.

Time for a "script R" hat.

When I first read the OP, I thought he was talking about the "Redskin arrow" which is much closer to the seminole arrow. Mistaking the Redskin face logo for the Seminole face logo is just downright sad... I hate Florida State, but I couldn't get that backwards.

Yes....this happens all the time to me too.

Your best bet? Become a fan of FSU also. It is the only way to fix your problem.:laugh:

The colors are nearly identical......and there are a ton of similiarities between the teams.

For starters.......Joe Gibbs was an assistant coach at FSU. Having said that, many of the best NFL coaches went through FSU early in their careers. Bill Parcells is another.

Secondly, most people are surprised to find that Jim Morrison of the Doors grew up in NOVA.......then went to college at Florida State.

I spent my whole life in NOVA, then also went to college at FSU.

There are a lot of other different ties between the Skins/NOVA and FSU.

Anyway......both of the teams were dynasties at one point or another. Both also had what are widely considered to have been elite coaches earlier in their careers.

:cheers:

And I graduated from there so its all good.

Seriously, you should just learn to love the Noles because they rule. The colors are the same and everything!

Oh Sebowski, we know you arent perfect but we love ya anyways bro. But this explains alot to me why you are not quite right in the head when we're watching games. :silly:

The similarities between the 2 teams are plenty. When I wear the spear throwback jerseys people think I am a 'noles fan. I am NOT!! I am a Terps fan and nothing gets me angrier then being called a 'noles fan!!

I really hate it when guys dont know the difference. Women usually dont pay much attention to it (not saying all but most!!) so they dont get to me as much.

The Redskins logo is probably the most recognizable logo from any team in the NFL, but you will always have those people who have college on the brain. Now with our spear logo, it's different since the noles use a similar logo that was derived from our old helmets. I once had a waiter in Arlington say to me "are ya gonna beat Miami?" It confused me cause we were playing the cowboys that week, but he was talking about the noles. But, our spear helmet was the first not theirs. I think they had to pay the SKINS to use their spear.

But, it's funny that in SC, which in my opinion is still Redskins Country, they don't recognize the team that was televised down there all the way till the Panthers came about 10 years ago. Even when I go to Spain, people recognized the Redskins. So I guess society is regressing in the USA.

Maybe the Cowboys star is recognizable to those outside the USA, because I did see a Brit who had a Cowboys towel drapped around him rear the beach in Spain. I made sure that I booed him.

But, part of this problem is that we need to win another championship to remind ignorant people who the SKINS are. We have the best logo in the league, no doubt.

The Redskins logo is probably the most recognizable logo from any team in the NFL, but you will always have those people who have college on the brain. Now with our spear logo, it's different since the noles use a similar logo that was derived from our old helmets. I once had a waiter in Arlington say to me "are ya gonna beat Miami?" It confused me cause we were playing the cowboys that week, but he was talking about the noles. But, our spear helmet was the first not theirs. I think they had to pay the SKINS to use their spear.

But, it's funny that in SC, which in my opinion is still Redskins Country, they don't recognize the team that was televised down there all the way till the Panthers came about 10 years ago. Even when I go to Spain, people recognized the Redskins. So I guess society is regressing in the USA.

Maybe the Cowboys star is recognizable to those outside the USA, because I did see a Brit who had a Cowboys towel drapped around him rear the beach in Spain. I made sure that I booed him.

But, part of this problem is that we need to win another championship to remind ignorant people who the SKINS are. We have the best logo in the league, no doubt.

I'd say the "Spear" helmet is pretty much FSU's now. Redskins only used it for about 5 years back in the 60's, meanwhile the Seminoles used the spear design while maintaining one of the greatest dynasties in college football history for 15 years plus. Now if a college team were to start using the Redskins' current helmet design, that'd be a lot different.
Me too over here in Jacksonville. People in Florida see a Redskins logo and immediately think Seminole. Even some Seminole fans have mistaken my Skins gear for FSU garb.
Jacksonville is big time Seminole country, a decent amount of Gators too, but from Jacksonville north and northwest it's garnet and gold.

Oh Sebowski, we know you arent perfect but we love ya anyways bro. But this explains alot to me why you are not quite right in the head when we're watching games. :silly:

The similarities between the 2 teams are plenty. When I wear the spear throwback jerseys people think I am a 'noles fan. I am NOT!! I am a Terps fan and nothing gets me angrier then being called a 'noles fan!!

I really hate it when guys dont know the difference. Women usually dont pay much attention to it (not saying all but most!!) so they dont get to me as much.

hahah:laugh: :applause:

there we goo:cheers:

Yes....this happens all the time to me too.

Your best bet? Become a fan of FSU also. It is the only way to fix your problem.:laugh:

The colors are nearly identical......and there are a ton of similiarities between the teams.

For starters.......Joe Gibbs was an assistant coach at FSU. Having said that, many of the best NFL coaches went through FSU early in their careers. Bill Parcells is another.

Secondly, most people are surprised to find that Jim Morrison of the Doors grew up in NOVA.......then went to college at Florida State.

I spent my whole life in NOVA, then also went to college at FSU.

There are a lot of other different ties between the Skins/NOVA and FSU.

Anyway......both of the teams were dynasties at one point or another. Both also had what are widely considered to have been elite coaches earlier in their careers.

:cheers:

alot of people dont know that ALOT of players that are in the NFL are from virginia, and alot of them come out the 757.

You seen that movie called the doors that val kilmer played jim morrison? pretty tight movie. I never saw he was from Nova though, didnt know that!

yeah - I'd say most of those "fans" are probably just posers (wannabe sports fans who really have no clue) I have known plenty that way. You start talking football with them, and going over analogies of your team, and their "supposed" team, and once into the conversation you'll quickly realize they're putting on a show to try and seem more sportly/manly minded. COME ON already.

If you don't know, you don't know, don't act like you do.

I know my team IN and OUT. I know our competition, or at least the starters and some backups. I know their tendencies and what we can look to exploit and should try to watch out for. Don't get into a conversation you have no clue of the topic and can't keep your end up of the banter. Happens for me ALL THE TIME down here with puke fans. Most are glory day fans of Aikman's era and have NO CLUE! I quickly point this out to them too, because if I can spout off more FACT about your team than you can, you're a disgusting fan. my 2 cents.

Luckily most REDSKINS fans are not this way, we've endured through thick and thin, good times and bad, and we've screamed our fandom from top of our lungs at any and all who will listen, and to those who don't want to listen. All of us ES members have this in common, we know GOOD football, and firmly are rooted into our team, and REDSKINS NATION!! HAIL BROTHERS!!

yeah - I'd say most of those "fans" are probably just posers (wannabe sports fans who really have no clue) I have known plenty that way. You start talking football with them, and going over analogies of your team, and their "supposed" team, and once into the conversation you'll quickly realize they're putting on a show to try and seem more sportly/manly minded. COME ON already.

If you don't know, you don't know, don't act like you do.

I know my team IN and OUT. I know our competition, or at least the starters and some backups. I know their tendencies and what we can look to exploit and should try to watch out for. Don't get into a conversation you have no clue of the topic and can't keep your end up of the banter. Happens for me ALL THE TIME down here with puke fans. Most are glory day fans of Aikman's era and have NO CLUE! I quickly point this out to them too, because if I can spout off more FACT about your team than you can, you're a disgusting fan. my 2 cents.

Luckily most REDSKINS fans are not this way, we've endured through thick and thin, good times and bad, and we've screamed our fandom from top of our lungs at any and all who will listen, and to those who don't want to listen. All of us ES members have this in common, we know GOOD football, and firmly are rooted into our team, and REDSKINS NATION!! HAIL BROTHERS!!

WOOOT WOOOT WOOOOT, hahaha..

I've seem to always assume everyone knows as much about football and the NFL as I do, so I start talking about it and sometimes people try to keep up, and sometimes people just go, "whoa, I don't know that much about it.. But obviously, you do" But I do enjoy getting into a conversation with someone who is intelligent enough to realize the weaknesses in their team as well as others. I can't stand to try an talk football with a cowboy fan that only says "********S SUCK, COWBOYS RULE!!!!!" or "COWBOYS FOR LIFE, DEADSKINS SUCK" or the infamous "COWBOYS BABY!!! SUPERBOWL OR BUST!!!"

give me a break..

I get that crap alot as well, seeing as i live in Fl. People think im representing FSU b/c i got a Skins emblem on my truck. I hate FSU so It urks me more than usual b/c im a big Gator fan too. So thats what i have to deal w/ down here....lol

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

I was bothered today and it seems to happen fairly frequently in the part of the country that I reside that the Skins emblem on my hate I often wear is mis interpreted as a seminole emblem. I don't see how that is possible but I'm a skins fan and an adimate opposer of the noles. However, I was curious if this happens throughout the country with other fellow skins fans. It often happens to me mostly around the time that Clemson plays FSU but, it still happens outside of those moments also, more frequently as of late for whatever reason that would be.

The thing that throws me off about the whole thing is, the nole emblem with the indian on it is rarely used, most the time the emblem I picture for them is the arrow.

It's because your a Clemson fan....:D

Go NOLES!

I was bothered today and it seems to happen fairly frequently in the part of the country that I reside that the Skins emblem on my hate I often wear is mis interpreted as a seminole emblem. I don't see how that is possible but I'm a skins fan and an adimate opposer of the noles. However, I was curious if this happens throughout the country with other fellow skins fans. It often happens to me mostly around the time that Clemson plays FSU but, it still happens outside of those moments also, more frequently as of late for whatever reason that would be.

The thing that throws me off about the whole thing is, the nole emblem with the indian on it is rarely used, most the time the emblem I picture for them is the arrow.

It's the offseason and this is just something that is irritating.

>> I think this has something to do with the fact that you live in Clemson country. I remember seeing a promotional football schedule for Clemson and one of the advertisers listed was for a Bail Bondsman. With a fan base like that, what do you expect?? :rolleyes:

Archived