Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins emblem not recognized

ClemsSC7Skinfan

I was bothered today and it seems to happen fairly frequently in the part of the country that I reside that the Skins emblem on my hate I often wear is mis interpreted as a seminole emblem. I don't see how that is possible but I'm a skins fan and an adimate opposer of the noles. However, I was curious if this happens throughout the country with other fellow skins fans. It often happens to me mostly around the time that Clemson plays FSU but, it still happens outside of those moments also, more frequently as of late for whatever reason that would be.

The thing that throws me off about the whole thing is, the nole emblem with the indian on it is rarely used, most the time the emblem I picture for them is the arrow.

It's the offseason and this is just something that is irritating.

Well thankfully I go to FSU so either way it works out for me.

And no, we use the Seminole head logo plenty, it's all over team stuff, buildings, merchandise, you name it, it's in the middle of the football field even. It's just that spear is on the football helmets, so thus it's the more instantly recognizable of the two logos.

This has never happened to me, and I too have a hat that has only the Indian's profile on it (yes, exact same emblem on the Skins helmets). Sounds like you've had the misfortune of being around wanna-be and pretend sports fans who cannot identify the logos of various teams....(I bet they would see the Celtics leprecan logo, and believe it was from the Lucky Charms cereal box!)

I bet they would see the Celtics leprecan logo, and believe it was from the Lucky Charms cereal box!)

Hahaha very true, trust me, I've been asked several times by people "why are you wearing a FSU hat?" or "What time is the FSU game" which was actually what I was asked today.

I do believe most of the time though it is just dumb people who are pretending to be sports fans and want to either start conversation using that as the catalyst or it is people who actually know me and how big of a sports fan I am and they are just stupid because they don't follow any sports and often forget who I even follow or support.

Anyhow just wondering if it was only me because it has just been odd that it has happened frequently as of late. By the way Clemson is going to play Duke tomorrow tell me who is pulling for the Tigers around here?

Spartacus87 - You'll have to forgive my ignorance of that emblem's usage down there, I've never actually traveled to talahassee so I didn't how prominently displayed it was down there. I do know the difference between them easily but I just took for granted that it wasn't used often.

Hahaha very true, trust me, I've been asked several times by people "why are you wearing a FSU hat?" or "What time is the FSU game" which was actually what I was asked today.

I do believe most of the time though it is just dumb people who are pretending to be sports fans and want to either start conversation using that as the catalyst or it is people who actually know me and how big of a sports fan I am and they are just stupid because they don't follow any sports and often forget who I even follow or support.

Anyhow just wondering if it was only me because it has just been odd that it has happened frequently as of late. By the way Clemson is going to play Duke tomorrow tell me who is pulling for the Tigers around here?

Spartacus87 - You'll have to forgive my ignorance of that emblem's usage down there, I've never actually traveled to talahassee so I didn't how prominently displayed it was down there. I do know the difference between them easily but I just took for granted that it wasn't used often.

Well it's really more of a geographical thing. College football is king in the South East, and a lot of people just know more college football than they do NFL if they're casual sports fans, which would more than likely be the kind of people who would confuse the Redskins symbol with the Seminoles symbol.

I've had people see me in my Skins hat or seen my Skins lanyard and asked me stuff about the Seminoles. The worst is when people see my Skins stuff and start grilling me about the Gators and how good UF is lately :doh::doh:.

But travel somewhere like Arizona or the Northeast and no, the Seminoles questions probably are extremely rare. In fact last time I was in D.C. someone confused my Seminoles shirt for a Redskins shirt! But like I said, it's always worked out for me since I was real young and started supporting both teams, so I can't complain.

I'd be ticked off. Maybe it's time to get a hat that says Washington Redskins on it?

It actually says Washington Redskins on the front, the back has the emblem. Sometimes I'm wearing it the right way, sometimes I flip it backwards if I'm working on something so I've got that part of it handled, can't help the people who don't get it though.

I would say that most of the people I run into do know stuff about Clemson and College Football in general so that is probably the majority of the answer.

SC_RedskinsFan that was pretty funny, I'm fine with you at least liking Clemson better than So. Car. but the analogy showing me your real feelings to the two teams was good cause I know exactly how ya feel now.

I have a Reebok hoodie based on the 75th Anniversary color scheme thats gets confused with FSU all the time when I wear it. Its hard to blame anyone though because its not burgundy and gold, its more maroon and mustard and the only logo it has is the spear across the chest. Can't find a pic of it on the net but its pretty cool.

The FSU confusion has never happened to me. Though what really pisses me off is when some seriously naive people think that the Washington Redskins refers to Washington state...

Really grinds my gears

OH yeah, that DEF pisses me off. I'm like, you seriously are trying to argue with me about the Washington Redskins being from "washington state" but I try to tell them yeah, the washington wizards and capitals are from washington state too.:doh:

OH yeah, that DEF pisses me off. I'm like, you seriously are trying to argue with me about the Washington Redskins being from "washington state" but I try to tell them yeah, the washington wizards and capitals are from washington state too.:doh:
I've never had someone argue it with me, that'd be pretty silly, but I've had people just think I was from Washington state until they found out it was Washington D.C. That's almost always girls who couldn't care less about sports though. I've never heard a guy throw that one out there.

Well thankfully I go to FSU so either way it works out for me.

And no, we use the Seminole head logo plenty, it's all over team stuff, buildings, merchandise, you name it, it's in the middle of the football field even. It's just that spear is on the football helmets, so thus it's the more instantly recognizable of the two logos.

And I graduated from there so its all good.

Seriously, you should just learn to love the Noles because they rule. The colors are the same and everything!

I was bothered today and it seems to happen fairly frequently in the part of the country that I reside that the Skins emblem on my hate I often wear is mis interpreted as a seminole emblem. I don't see how that is possible but I'm a skins fan and an adimate opposer of the noles. However, I was curious if this happens throughout the country with other fellow skins fans. It often happens to me mostly around the time that Clemson plays FSU but, it still happens outside of those moments also, more frequently as of late for whatever reason that would be.

The thing that throws me off about the whole thing is, the nole emblem with the indian on it is rarely used, most the time the emblem I picture for them is the arrow.

It's the offseason and this is just something that is irritating.

You do live in SOUTH Carolina. Go figure

It has happened to me so many times in the Tampa area that I have come to completely despise all things Gator. And I could really care less about college sports.

Not to completely discredit the people around here, I do get cheered on by someone who properly recognises the logo at least once every month or so. There are Skins fans everywhere.

Archived