Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kevin Jones released

posse87

he dare not sign with the girls...

I know he doesn't want punishment like this on a regular basis!

Landry_hit_on_K.gif

I don't understand...what punishment? Laundry hit him and stood over him then Jones got up, speaking of why does Laundry always feel the need to "Jaw" Does he think it makes him look tough?

You would trade Betts and get this guy? What kind of trade off is that?

Lions released Kevin Jones.

A stunner, but Jones has undergone surgery for a Lisfranc foot fracture and a torn ACL the last two offseasons. He's uncertain to be ready for the 2008 season and may not be "100%" until 2009. He will make an interesting pickup, but is looking at a backup role this year. It's possible the Lions will re-sign him at a reduced rate, but more likely Tatum Bell, Brian Calhoun, and a highly picked rookie to be named later will take over the Lions backfield.

Source: Profootballtalk.com

When healthy Jones is a star runner. All players on detroit are suspect for having reached their potential. Health wise he is fine. He had no major injury this last season and was excellent when given an opportunity. If for a reasonable price, then definitely worth it.

When healthy Jones is a star runner. All players on detroit are suspect for having reached their potential. Health wise he is fine. He had no major injury this last season and was excellent when given an opportunity. If for a reasonable price, then definitely worth it.
I respectfully disagree. He's an injury prone RB whose benefitted from a pass happy (even pass insane) offense. When teams are commited and busy defending the passing game it's bound to open up holes for any running back.

Instead of looking to pick up Jones does this open the door for a possible trade of Betts and a draft pick for Roy Williams? Obviously the Lions are gonna need a running back unless they plan on Avian Cason (sp?) being their premiere back.

Maybe they're just planning on drafting a RB in the early rounds, but that would mean that they couldn't draft a receiver!

Now theres a man who thinks with his keyboard.

I respectfully disagree. He's an injury prone RB whose benefitted from a pass happy (even pass insane) offense. When teams are commited and busy defending the passing game it's bound to open up holes for any running back.

Sorry didn't remember that he tore his ACL later last season. I had him in my fantasy team but had traded him away at that point. I still like the idea of signing him for next to nothing. No other team is going to sign him for any sort of contract, but he could definitely be ready for the backup role by training camp like Rocky. I also like what one of the other posters said about trading Betts for Roy Williams. Wonder what draft pick it would take to get that done.

The draft is loaded with running backs this year and you can get a good one even in the second round

Instead of looking to pick up Jones does this open the door for a possible trade of Betts and a draft pick for Roy Williams? Obviously the Lions are gonna need a running back unless they plan on Avian Cason (sp?) being their premiere back.

Maybe they're just planning on drafting a RB in the early rounds, but that would mean that they couldn't draft a receiver!

He has never been healthy and probably won't be healthy enough to play this year. He's just another name that a lot of folks here will become ogasmic over. Some one should make a list of how many name players have been released this off season and how many threads have been started here advocating their signing by the Redskins. Jim Brown is talented, maybe the team should sign him.

Agree. He should have stayed at VT another year because his pro career thus far has been a major bust!!

I don't understand...what punishment? Laundry hit him and stood over him then Jones got up, speaking of why does Laundry always feel the need to "Jaw" Does he think it makes him look tough?

Not only that, but he had just ran one for 7-yards. I wouldn't mind 7-yard runs on a regular basis.

That being said, I don't want him on the Skins. We've got our backs.

there is no reason why any skins fan should want to sign him.......1. we have enough RBS as it is 2. Clinton/betts combo is probably the best one/two in the league 3. Jones is injury prone and has basically been a bust in det.

So why do people need to start a thread and say that he would be a good pickup, we do this with everyone after they are released..LOL....anyways we don't need him. move along.

Sorry didn't remember that he tore his ACL later last season. I had him in my fantasy team but had traded him away at that point. I still like the idea of signing him for next to nothing. No other team is going to sign him for any sort of contract, but he could definitely be ready for the backup role by training camp like Rocky. I also like what one of the other posters said about trading Betts for Roy Williams. Wonder what draft pick it would take to get that done.
I hate to say it but... Vet Min. + Incentives.

I feel dirty for typing that.

That being said, I could see supporting a trade for Roy Williams for something like that. There are other choices I'd prefer though depending on the draft pick being asked. Boldin, Johnson, etc. but Roy Williams is a great choice given the right pricing. I just don't know what the Lions would want and they don't seem to want to give him up.

I can't blame them - because of that offense, it's best to keep as many WRs as they can. That or, God Forbid, become more of a balanced offense.

I hate to say it but... Vet Min. + Incentives.

I feel dirty for typing that.

That being said, I could see supporting a trade for Roy Williams for something like that. There are other choices I'd prefer though depending on the draft pick being asked. Boldin, Johnson, etc. but Roy Williams is a great choice given the right pricing. I just don't know what the Lions would want and they don't seem to want to give him up.

I can't blame them - because of that offense, it's best to keep as many WRs as they can. That or, God Forbid, become more of a balanced offense.

Martz was fired in Detroit. Should have a different look offense now that Martz is gone. Should become more balanced. No one in the league is as pass happy as Martz. Detroit can't afford to keep CJ and Roy for the long run. Too much of their cap would be tied up in recievers. They will ultimately be forced to make a decision at some point. They can choose to delay the innevitable, but their hand will be forced. That's what you get for spending 4 number one picks on WR's. You get a 50% hit rate and too much resources inversted in WR's. Betts plus a 3rd maybe a second could get it done. Tatum Bell, come on, talk about fragile, they could always do the smart thing and draft a RB with their first ounder Stewart should be around, but then again that hasn't been what makes them the Lions.

Martz was fired in Detroit. Should have a different look offense now that Martz is gone. Should become more balanced. No one in the league is as pass happy as Martz. Detroit can't afford to keep CJ and Roy for the long run. Too much of their cap would be tied up in recievers. They will ultimately be forced to make a decision at some point. They can choose to delay the innevitable, but their hand will be forced. That's what you get for spending 4 number one picks on WR's. You get a 50% hit rate and too much resources inversted in WR's. Betts plus a 3rd maybe a second could get it done. Tatum Bell, come on, talk about fragile, they could always do the smart thing and draft a RB with their first ounder Stewart should be around, but then again that hasn't been what makes them the Lions.

I had forgotten that Martz was fired. Thanks for the reminder and you make an excellent point.

:applause:

Archived