Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mini Camp Will NOT Be Open to the Public. . .(admin edit of NOT)

mcarey032

I saw this scrolling on the NFL network this afternoon right after the Ryan Boschetti news that mini camp will be open to the public. I don't think that I have ever heard of a team doing that before? Has anyone else heard of a team doing this? It might be interesting, but I am saving my days off for going to training camp and going to the hall of fame. That is what I am going for.

That part I didn't see on the NFL Network. I am sure that they will try and do something down in that area, be it the beach blitz or mini camp. I haven't heard particulars, but I would be willing to bet that the redskins will post it up very soon.

Yes I read that JLC blog that you are talking about and you are right about what he said in regards to it not being open to the public. I am not sure because the dates are seemingly to coincide with the redskins beach blitz dates of last year. I will do more research again and post when I get an answer.

It's never been open to the public b/c this is primarily a no contact time.

OTAs per NFL policy is supposed to be no contact and minimal team drills.

The last thing any teams want is fans running around taking pictures na dposting them on the web/you tube if there is some contact going on ;)

As a fan I'd think OTAs would be pretty boring anyway.

As for the VA Beach thing, aren't we talking about beach blitz?

i heard something from my sports marketing teacher a last month and she said the skins might be holding camp somewhere in va beach or norfolk....true or false?

I heard something about Training Camp being held in Virginia Beach aswell. If thats the case, it'd be much harder to get to considering I live literally 5 minutes away from Redskins Park. But I'd definitely be willing to go down there, that'd be cool.

When I was watching, pretty much all day, it said WILL NOT be open to the public.

Yep. Simply misread by mcarey. No need to jump on his back. Simple mistake people.

Tryfuhl, that was not to you, it's to future posters in this thread.

I get the local news from the Hampton Roads area and yes, there is talk about having training camp in Virginia Beach. They have proposed the idea, but nothing is definitive yet. There would have to be improvements made to the existing facility to accommodate the Skins, and it would be up to the City Council to allocate the funds necessary. So it sounds to me like a possibility in the future, not so sure for this year. It would be a dream come true for me as my daughter only lives about 2 miles from the facility. Wait and see. HTTR!!!! Hope to see y'all in Canton.

I get the local news from the Hampton Roads area and yes, there is talk about having training camp in Virginia Beach. They have proposed the idea, but nothing is definitive yet. There would have to be improvements made to the existing facility to accommodate the Skins, and it would be up to the City Council to allocate the funds necessary. So it sounds to me like a possibility in the future, not so sure for this year. It would be a dream come true for me as my daughter only lives about 2 miles from the facility. Wait and see. HTTR!!!! Hope to see y'all in Canton.

I just moved FROM Va. Beach

Just my luck :doh:

Archived