Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

suspects burned clothes in taylor shooting

cmoney51951

Well yeah but I'm sure he wouldn't have let them go like that afterwards.

i'm sorry but if someone breaks into my house, my first priority would be my gf and my child, and i'm not letting them out of my site, i'm sure he felt the same way. I dont think he would have chased them down.

i'm sorry but if someone breaks into my house, my first priority would be my gf and my child, and i'm not letting them out of my site, i'm sure he felt the same way. I dont think he would have chased them down.

Okay that's what I was saying first about how he would've "torn them apart". Ofcourse he'd keep an eye on his daughter and girlfriend, too. It'd be pretty obvious.

Shut your mouth. Theirs nothing funny about it at all. As a matter of fact there is nothing funny about this happening to anyone.

It's funny because if this was some normal joe who got killed no one would care.

But since he's a football player they should get extra punishment.....I though all people were equal.

Shut your mouth. Theirs nothing funny about it at all. As a matter of fact there is nothing funny about this happening to anyone.

Right. If it is someone famous or not, who cares, the cold heartedness of this atrocious act is not increased or lessened. If Taylor was not home would we be reading about the death of a mother and child?--What if she did not know the combination to the safre? Or was raped and murdered? Taylor or not, you'd be reading about that for sure. I still hope that justice is served and swiftly. But the one guy saying he should commit a crime to exact revenge is scary in itself, we have enough wasted young lives in this ordeal. I know that he was probably just using internet bravado, but really you want to change the world go do some good with your life. This whole thing just makes me sick.

People who are saying that he's getting more attention just because he's a football player need to consider this: The only reason he's getting more attention is because of media. I'm sure if everyone's death was broadcasted, no matter who they are, they'd get this attention.

OFCOURSE he's going to get the attention, he was famous! It's not like the people who aren't famous and are killed like that don't matter.

so let me get this straight. these thugs illegally break into a man's home, brandishing firearms, shoot the owner, and burn their clothes...but yet because they wanted to steal makes this an unpremeditated crime??

^^^none of that logic makes sense to me. these guys should get the chair!

Im hoping more information like this comes out. What is shows is that they knew a firearm was used and a person was shot.

These kids were dumb and Im sure they wrote more than this in their statements to the police. We'll see as we get closer to the trial.

Mitchell said he thought about turning himself in after learning Taylor had died.

Oh how sweet. 24 hours later after the guy bleeds to death he thought about turning himself in. What a good guy. :rolleyes:

the group almost ran out of gas on the way back to Fort Myers but managed to scrape together $2 in change to make it home.

Well there you have it. These guys were broke, give them a break. What better way to "earn" a few bucks than to break in to someones house and steal it. :rolleyes:

from the sun sentinel

New details emerge in Sean Taylor case

By CURT ANDERSON | AP Legal Affairs Writer

3:41 PM EDT, March 12, 2008

MIAMI - The alleged shooter in the murder of Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor told police he and the other suspects burned their clothes in an attempt to cover up the crime.

The statement by 17-year-old Eric Rivera Jr. and those by two other suspects were released Wednesday by state prosecutors at the request of The Associated Press and other news outlets. All three statements are heavily redacted on a judge's orders, and do not contain outright confessions to the crime.

But there are hints throughout of what happened and what led up to the Nov. 26 shooting, which authorities say took place in a botched robbery attempt at Taylor's Miami home. Taylor, an All-Pro safety for the Redskins, died the next day from heavy blood loss.

Rivera, like the other suspects from the Fort Myers area, told detectives there were five people on the trip that night, although only four are charged. All five burned their shirts, gloves and other clothes after returning home following Taylor's shooting, he said.

"And why did you guys do this?" asked Miami-Dade police Det. Juan Segovia.

"Nobody can find out who did it," Rivera replied.

Another suspect, 20-year-old Jason Scott Mitchell, said he thought about coming forward when he found out it was Taylor who had been shot. Mitchell said he was told the day after the shooting by another suspect, Charles Wardlow.

"It's like when I found out who it was, it's like, I mean, I just felt like turning myself in," Mitchell told police. But he did not, and added he wasn't sure why.

Mitchell's statement also provides new details on a birthday party he attended in September at Taylor's home. Mitchell said he stayed at the house for several days, helping Taylor cut the grass and make other preparations for the party -- tasks for which he was paid $300 in $50 bills by Taylor.

The party was for Sasha Johnson, who was Taylor's sister and who was dating suspect Wardlow's nephew Christopher, Mitchell said. He said Taylor gave Johnson $10,000 in a paper bag as a birthday present, and that he saw other large sums of money in the house.

Mitchell also said he thought Taylor would be with the Redskins, who played a game that weekend in Tampa, even though he was out with a knee injury. And, he said, the group almost ran out of gas on the way back to Fort Myers but managed to scrape together $2 in change to make it home.

The third statement released Wednesday was from Venjah Hunte, 20, but it provided almost no new details. Hunte's attorney has said his client never went inside Taylor's house and did not take part in the crime.

No statement was released from Charles Wardlow, the fourth suspect.

Defense attorneys and prosecutors are barred from discussing the case with news media under a gag order issued by Miami-Dade County Circuit Judge Dennis Murphy. All four defendants have pleaded not guilty

who is this 5th suspect, and why are things hush hush with them?

Yea really what the hell? Find him beat him and throw him into jail and let the scum rot away.

I hope they enjoy prison life because they will NEVER enjoy freedom again......Like I said I want them dead and however it happens is fine with me......I just want them to suffer in jail for a while and for them to fear their life on a daily basis..........and then when they are finally getting comfortable with their surroundings .......stick a shank in them................I could care less about them or their families and I hope their lives are full of threats and misery......Sorry but thats how I feel........Im sick of the lack of parential guidance or not taking any responsibility for their children..........

Like I said any prisoners who take them out will be gettin a very nice care package from me........Name it, its theirs........Im serious ........

BTW, more importantly anyone have any updates on the taylor family and more specifically jackie and the baby? God bless them.

He never said anything about murder or death being funny. Way to take someone's words out of context.

For those who don't think that his celebrity makes a difference or hasn't had an effect on this situation, one of these scumbags, himself, said he thought about turning himself in only after he found out who it was. I guess if it was any other father or son in the world it would not have mattered to him that much either.

Yea really what the hell? Find him beat him and throw him into jail and let the scum rot away.

I hope they enjoy prison life because they will NEVER enjoy freedom again......Like I said I want them dead and however it happens is fine with me......I just want them to suffer in jail for a while and for them to fear their life on a daily basis..........and then when they are finally getting comfortable with their surroundings .......stick a shank in them................I could care less about them or their families and I hope their lives are full of threats and misery......Sorry but thats how I feel........Im sick of the lack of parential guidance or not taking any responsibility for their children..........

Like I said any prisoners who take them out will be gettin a very nice care package from me........Name it, its theirs........Im serious ........

BTW, more importantly anyone have any updates on the taylor family and more specifically jackie and the baby? God bless them.

That all sounds about right to me. They don't wanna work for anything. They would rather rob, steal and kill then to get a job.

Don't forget about skinning them and dippind their body in salt!!:laugh: :laugh:

Like I said I want them dead and however it happens is fine with me......................I could care less about them or their families and I hope their lives are full of threats and misery

This has got to be the most oxymoronic post I've ever read. You want God to bless Sean's family because he was taken too early, but the people who have to deal with knowing their children were involved with something like this aren't worthy of His attention as well? Really interesting prayer you have going there. :(

This has got to be the most oxymoronic post I've ever read. You want God to bless Sean's family because he was taken too early, but the people who have to deal with knowing their children were involved with something like this aren't worthy of His attention as well? Really interesting prayer you have going there. :(

Why should they be in my prayers? thanks for telling me who my prayes should be for............ever thought of entering the priesthood or becomin a minister since you are the voice of reasoning and morality? As i said in my post which of course you didnt read that their family's are partly responsible for this as they had NO control over their children....Now since you seem to be such a kind hearted individual why dont u say a prayer for them? In fact why dont u go and bring them a cake and pray with them for the quick release of their sons....Sorry that I don't have sympathy for the family of a murderer........If you do thats great.....However sympathy for the family of a murderer? Do yourself a favor and do it alone I could care less about them.......

Why should they be in my prayers? thanks for telling me who my prayes should be for............ever thought of entering the priesthood or becomin a minister since you are the voice of reasoning and morality? As i said in my post which of course you didnt read that their family's are partly responsible for this as they had NO control over their children....Now since you seem to be such a kind hearted individual why dont u say a prayer for them? In fact why dont u go and bring them a cake and pray with them for the quick release of their sons....Sorry that I don't have sympathy for the family of a murderer........If you do thats great.....However sympathy for the family of a murderer? Do yourself a favor and do it alone I could care less about them.......

Actually, I read your post several times all the way through. I saw your opinion that the families deserve to suffer because THEIR kids are the ones that did the damage. We just disagree on whether that makes them worthy of prayer or not. Honestly, I don't intend to tell you who to pray for...it doesn't matter to me. Your message was just confusing with the "God bless them" at the end. It read like, "die die die, kill kill kill, but yayyy God," to me, so it seemed inconsistent. :2cents:

who is this 5th suspect, and why are things hush hush with them?

** Just speculation **

It could be that this individual is cooperating with the police for a lighter sentence. Having a inside guy thats willing to testify against the others is priceless. It does say that none of them actually confessed to the crime.

It's funny because if this was some normal joe who got killed no one would care.

But since he's a football player they should get extra punishment.....I though all people were equal.

well as an example, I have no idea who the UNC student was, that was recently murdered in cold blood. But yet, when I heard about it, the same sickening feeling was in me. THe same kind of feeling I had with Sean Taylor. I'm sure many people feel the same way. Your right to an extent about all people being equal, it's just the disregard for human life as someone stated that makes many of us feel awful when these tragedies happen, no matter who the victim might be.

Archived