Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OK, who else has this MFing flu? (merged)

Teller

I know 7 other people that have had it this year. I've gone through 2 different antibiotics and it still hasn't cleared up.

yeah she got sick the second week of Feb when we got back from our annual cruise. She got antiobiotics... they did nothing. She went back to her doctor and got super antibiotics which she is going to be on for like 3-4 weeks and she still feels like poo. Ear aches are the absolute worst too. I think she has a bad sinus infection on top of it!

Sonsof****es!

I woke up this morning and my throat felt numb ... it just didn't feel right. Throughout the day I've also started hocking up snot, started sneezing (and I never sneeze), my nose has alternated between stuffy and runny ... and now my ears are popping.

Could this be the beginning of the dreaded flu?

Ohnoes!

I got it a couple weeks ago. At least I didn't get bronchitis like my roomate. Couldn't be avoided though... even after three glasses of airborne. And let me tell you... I do not like drinking airborne for no reason. Fortunately for me, I am immortal and recover quickly... minus the annoying cough.

I've taken airborne in the past as well, and was suprised to find this the otherday...

http://www.nytimes.com/inc_com/inc1204579617407.html?ref=smallbusiness

Airborne Health, a Bonita Springs, Fla.-based herbal supplements firm, has agreed to pay $23.3 million to settle a class-action lawsuit brought against the company for falsely claiming its vitamins prevented colds.

I didn't have the flu per say, but I had bronchitis in early February and that just wiped me out like the flu. I thought I was gonna cough up my lung and kidney. I was basically confined to my bed for six days. Let me tell ya', there's nothing on tv at 3 am. However, I did watch the Bud Shootout and Daytona 500. (NASCAR may be my backup sport to watch till Redskins season-go Gibbs racing with the 1-2 win on Sunday.) Finally felt better close to my last antibotic pill. Anyways, back on track, I know what it's like to feel very sick...let me tell ya' ppl..bronchitis is not fun either.:2cents:

My wife got it Thursday, she's better now. Really bad strains going around this year from everything I've heard. I've been luck (knock on wood)

The doc put me and my son on Tamiflu as a precaution. Anyone taken this? It might be worse than the flu itself. It makes me extremely drowsy and nautious. I have to take it for another 4 days :(

My wife and kids have it all week. Everything you described, crazy high fever. Doctor said it was the flu. The school said they have over 70 kids out with it. Somehow, I've managed to escape it's wrath (knock on wood). Hope you and anyone else with this feels better soon.

CRAP! I spoke too soon. Hit me like a ton of bricks on Saturday and I'm still dying. This is my second day calling in sick. I really need to get back to work. :mad: My wife didn't start feeling better for like five days and my daughter is just now getting an ear infection. :(

It's bad my friends. Really bad. :(

My wife got it Thursday, she's better now. Really bad strains going around this year from everything I've heard. I've been luck (knock on wood)

The doc put me and my son on Tamiflu as a precaution. Anyone taken this? It might be worse than the flu itself. It makes me extremely drowsy and nautious. I have to take it for another 4 days :(

My wife and I are on it. I'm purpetually dizzy.

And sorry for the duplicate thread, I did an eyeball search and didn't see the first one. No harm, no foul as the mods merged. My apoligies. I was in a Tamiflu induced haze.

Archived