Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OK, who else has this MFing flu? (merged)

Teller

This is my 3rd day off of work due to this crap. Got an itchy throat Tuesday morning, which turned into a nasty cough. Got a fever on Wednesday with some added chest congestion and hot/cold chills. Went to the doctor yesterday and he prescribed me some syrup, 800mg Ibuprofen and ten Xanax to help me sleep. When I'm sick, I can't sleep all day. This crap keeps me awake which makes getting better take so much longer. I've shat myself twice. I hate this...

Pump up on Vitamin C :point2sky

Get the covers off you - the covers and heat up keeps your fever up (wrap up in a sheet, but NO blankets)- drink lots of fluids - no acohol, it dehydrates you and it sounds as if the fever is doing that for you already. If you can force at least 3-4 cans of soup in you a day - If you feed yourself, you starve a fever. Don't overdose on your Tylenol - it will hurt you!:( Alternate Tylenol and Advil - it will get the fever down and those aches, pains and fever will come down :cheers:

Start drinking at least ONE DanActive a day to get your immune system up; its too late for the Tamiflu - but that stuff does work! You have to get started on it within 24 hours after the first sign of the FLU. That is the truth-;)

Also, watch for any secondary infections - sinus infections, bronchitis, etc............if you get any symptoms, get to the Dr. for an antibiotic...........

And, to "help you out" as to whether you should have gotten a flu shot - the shots they gave this year DID NOT cover the flu going around nationwide, but to make you feel better H_H, you aren't the only one suffering with this stuff.

Get to feelin' better;)

HH, I had is 2 weeks ago. I don't take sick days, Army wouldn't allow me and that carried over to the civilian job. But I was laid out for 4 days in one week. The most time I had missed from work (iutside vacation) in over 12 years. And it whooped my ass! I lost 17 pounds in 4 days. Getting out of bed to piss wore me out.

Be glad you don't have the poops.

Um, thats going around too. Folks need to be careful of this stomach virus/bug.

I had it Monday night. I ate nothing but good foods all day long .... I was laying in bed and around 10pm I got this really vicious wave of feeling like I had to puke. I tried to fight it off and was completely unsuccessful .....

Ran to the bathroom ... spent from 10pm - 3am alternating and or simultaneously spewing stuff from both ends.

3 am came the break ... Woke back up at 6am sick again. Stayed sick until around noon.

Not pleasant at all.

Gotta say, I got the poops yesterday too. Thankfully my uber imune system seems to have kicked that bug back to hibernation...at least enough for me to be at work today.

Still not sure what I want to do about lunch though. I kind of wish my cafeteria still served oatmeal for lunch. It was at least kind to my stomach this morning.

My god that's sexy.

Isn't it though?

Seriously .... I hope that you don't get the stomach virus/bug ... then you'll know exactly how sexy it is.

Gotta say, I got the poops yesterday too. Thankfully my uber imune system seems to have kicked that bug back to hibernation...at least enough for me to be at work today.

Still not sure what I want to do about lunch though. I kind of wish my cafeteria still served oatmeal for lunch. It was at least kind to my stomach this morning.

Bland foods my friend. BLAND FOOD.

Chicky noodle soup & crackers ...

Cream of wheat packets ...

Oatmeal ...

Toast ....

Don't do grease for a few days.

I had a relapse Wednesday night and I felt awesome on Wednesday. Stay away from the grease.

I don't know what I had. My roommate got sick 3 or 4 weeks ago, and I thought nothing of it. A few days later I started waking up with a sore throat. Started coughing. Didn't rest and stuff, decided playing rugby was more important. Anyway, I was sick for about 2 weeks and I finally got better before I came home for spring break.

Guess what I see when I get home? Mom and Dad are sick. Now, mom, dad, me, and brother are all coughing. Dad seems to have gotten over it. Mom's a walking zombie, and the brother isn't very pleasant. Those two are going to the doctor.

Whatever is going around, it's nasty. Get well soon H_H.

My wife and kids have it all week. Everything you described, crazy high fever. Doctor said it was the flu. The school said they have over 70 kids out with it. Somehow, I've managed to escape it's wrath (knock on wood). Hope you and anyone else with this feels better soon.

Man, my wife and I went to the doctor on Saturday and both tested positive for the flu. My wife started with a headache Monday night, chills and fever Tuesday night and I started with chills late Tuesday night. Both of us stayed in bed all day Wednesday and missed work. We tried to go in half a day Thursday and missed Friday. We finally decided we'd had enough and went to an outpatient center on Saturday. :mad:

Here it is Monday and I feel alot better, but still not 100%. This ***t will knock you on your ass. I felt like I was hit with a truck, tried to get back up, was smacked down in the head, tried to get up and was punched in the stomach and then kicked in the groin. This stuff will tear you up one side and the other. We're taking Theraflu and some tussin for the cough. Hope some of you stay away from it. It's nasty. Luckily I didn't get the stuffy head and nausea like my wife. My biggest beef was weakness and dizzy. :(

Stay well out there ES.

Archived