Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sign Takeo Spikes?

freestyln

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I wouldn't mind seeing TKO in a Redskins uniform if we can get him for a fair price. He could offer great depth to our linebacker corp. and offer security if Rocky isn't ready to go at the beginning of the season. On top of that, he played for Gregg Williams and London Fletcher in Buffalo so he should be familiar with our system.

Need more details than simply just "Sign" or "Don't Sign" I don't think this guy is going to be coming cheap.. he still had 130 tackles last year which is pretty nuts. The shoulder surgery is also going to hamper his ability to play and durability. That shoulder is going to take a pounding every play.

Wouldn't want him for anything but a real cheap contract.. like 1MM per which won't happen.

after we sign him can we try and get Trotter back on the team....lets stop getting other teams scraps please...I am sure that there was a reason the eagles cut him and based upon there splurge, I dont think it was because of $$

they flat out released him for a reason,i dont want this guy even close to the bench

According to the NFL Network, the Eagles save something like $5 million in cap money by cutting Spikes.

That was probably the primary reason he was let go.

after we sign him can we try and get Trotter back on the team....lets stop getting other teams scraps please...I am sure that there was a reason the eagles cut him and based upon there splurge, I dont think it was because of $$

Actually im pretty sure thats why they cut him. He was going to make $5 million this year and ended last season on IR. He would be a solid backup for us incase Washington or Rocky has injury problems again. The Bengals will probably go after him hard though.

Actually im pretty sure thats why they cut him. He was going to make $5 million this year and ended last season on IR. He would be a solid backup for us incase Washington or Rocky has injury problems again. The Bengals will probably go after him hard though.

I just hate going after over-paid free agent...We have some young talent at LB, why dont we try to develop the guys we have...again I think he could provide depth and he would be a great back-up, but I wouldn't want to over-pay him if that is what it would take to bring him here.

Typical can answer to these polls: "As long as he doens't cost much, Vet minimum, sign him".

Last time I checked, it's still a 53-man roster. We can't accommodate all of these "As long as he doens't cost much, Vet minimum, sign him".

People, get ahold of your emotions!

• 5 months later...

TAKEO HEADING TO SAN FRAN

Posted by Mike Florio on August 10, 2008, 6:08 p.m.

Veteran linebacker Takeo Spikes, who was cut by the Eagles in March and who since has drawn scant interest on the open market, reportedly is heading to San Francisco.

The Niners have cut former starting linebacker Brandon Moore, and Spikes reportedly is due to arrive at the team’s training camp on Sunday to take a physical.

Spikes has played for the Bengals, Bills, and Eagles.

TAKEO HEADING TO SAN FRAN

Posted by Mike Florio on August 10, 2008, 6:08 p.m.

Veteran linebacker Takeo Spikes, who was cut by the Eagles in March and who since has drawn scant interest on the open market, reportedly is heading to San Francisco.

The Niners have cut former starting linebacker Brandon Moore, and Spikes reportedly is due to arrive at the team’s training camp on Sunday to take a physical.

Spikes has played for the Bengals, Bills, and Eagles.

I bet Willis and Spikes are going to make a great tandem in San Fran.

Archived