Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DJ Hackett might stay in Seattle???

CPismyhero

For those of you who want Hackett in here, whether its because you truly like him or he's the best out of the WR's left in free agency, looks like Hackett might opt to stay in Seattle. Does that mean the skins'll draft a WR on the first day?? Thoughts?

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/seahawks/story/301734.html

Hackett could return to Seahawks

FRANK HUGHES; frank.hughes@thenewstribune.com

Published: March 6th, 2008 01:00 AM

The agent for free-agent receiver D.J. Hackett said his client returning to the Seattle Seahawks remains an option, depending on what happens in free agency.

Hackett has not generated much interest as a free agent, due in large part to his injuries last season, when he played six games.

Kevin Robinson, Hackett’s Denver-based agent, was quoted earlier this week saying that Tampa Bay and Washington initially showed an interest in Hackett, but that he has not heard back from either team.

Buffalo reportedly has an interest in Hackett if the Bills’ talks with Bryant Johnson go nowhere. But Hackett has not visited any teams and is waiting for more teams to express interest.

With Hackett falling to a second-tier and perhaps third-tier free agent, Robinson said Hackett could return to Seattle if things don’t work out elsewhere.

“D.J. has some interest from some teams,” Robinson said, “but the Seahawks are definitely one option.”

The sides met at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis two weeks ago and agreed to allow Hackett to establish his value on the open market. They have not had discussions since then.

Click on the link for the whole article

He's just not the answer. Not big enough or durable enough. Reche Caldwell can do anything that he can.

oh boy :doh:

nothing against RC, but hackett is better. its not even close.

btw- hackett is 2 inches taller then RC.

To me it says a lot that Jim Zorn knows Hackett very well and that Cerrato/Zorn have decided that Hackett isn't worth the money he is asking for. Especially considering that the Skins need another receiver in the mold of Hackett, who happens to be famimliar with what Zorn will be trying to do here. To me...it just makes me think Hackett isn't what is needed here. Too bad...on the surface it seems like it would be a win win for everyone. But if Zorn and Cerrato aren't willing to pull the trigger and the Seahawks aren't willing to pull the trigger then we should be avoiding Hackett at anything other the bargain price that the Skins are willing to pay.

i hope that we dont get him. at first i tought it was the right thing to do. but it can back fire on us ala Brandon Lloyd. We have Cadwell and Keenan that could provide experience for us and last year they were not utilized a whole lot.

so we probably have a #3 Good Receiver in Cadwell that can move the chain on third downs. and some experience with Keenan that could help the guy coming out of the Draft.

For those of you who want Hackett in here, whether its because you truly like him or he's the best out of the WR's left in free agency, looks like Hackett might opt to stay in Seattle. Does that mean the skins'll draft a WR on the first day?? Thoughts?

Good, let him stay put. At 6' 2", he is too short for our needs.

I hope we keep in touch with Hackett, and get a chance to make one more offer before he signs some low-priced contract with Seattle. He'd be a good addition.

I don't want the Skins to use #1 pick on a WR. Most new WRs take 2-3 years before they make any real impact in the NFL. It often takes that long to determine whether they'll be good or turn out to be a bust.

We need a good #2 WR now, so ARE can be that specialty WR we envisioned when we signed him. FA is the route, and Hackett may turn out to be a bargain.

Frankly, we have more immediate development needs (D-line, O-line, D-secondary) to use our early round picks on.

I used to really want to sign him. But one of the other posters had a good point: Zorn knows Hackett well and he must not think he's worth it to bring him here even though Hackett knows the WCO.
Or maybe Zorn wants Hackett and Dan wants Chad.

Archived