Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does this Sound Familiar?

Goaldeje

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3278105

The New York Jets have been one of the most active teams in the NFL's free agency period, signing left guard Alan Faneca, defensive tackle Kris Jenkins, defensive end/linebacker Calvin Pace and right tackle Damien Woody to big-money deals.

In total, the team doled out approximately $142 million for the four players -- $74 million of it guaranteed. While the spending spree might have the Jets' fan base energized, some of the team's veteran holdovers reportedly are wondering when the Jets will show them their money.

"You pay guys you don't even know, and the guys in the locker room -- the guys that have your back -- you don't give a damn about them," an anonymous player told The New York Daily News. "It shows where the loyalty is."

Rest of article in link...

Wonder if the press will hammer the Jets the way they hammered us?

I bet the anonymous player was Coles. And no, the media won't rip them, cuz Dan Snyder isn't their owner. In fact, the ESPN mediots were saying the Jets were one of the big winners in free agency. Too bad they probably won't be winners on the field, IMO.

Yep, I definately thought "hey that sounds like the Redskins" when I read that today. Glad that is not us this year, and can't believe I am hearing people say they are now mad that we aren't big players in free agency!

Thats the NFL today. Everybody wants to get paid knowing they suck bad but they still want their money.

That's not the point the OP is trying to make. The Jets are doing what we've done for years, save last year maybe, under Snyder. Its two fold really. One, they're paying big money for guys that are on the tail end of their careers for the most part. Two, they're causing turmoil in the locker room and camp hasn't even started. No doubt, there are some players that want to "get paid" that don't deserve it. For every player that fits in that category, there's a guy who should get his money for performing at a level that should supersede his current contract.

The OP is right on. This is NOT how you build your team for success, but the Jets should get a pass here. They aren't known for making big moves in FA per se. I think that they've done a pretty good job getting young talent from the draft under Chuck Mangione :silly: . Maybe they feel like they're suring up some spots to make the proverbial puzzle complete. On the surface, they look desperate though, kinda like the 49ers. That's the way we've looked under Snyder for years until last year IMO.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3278105

"You pay guys you don't even know, and the guys in the locker room -- the guys that have your back -- you don't give a damn about them," an anonymous player told The New York Daily News. "It shows where the loyalty is."

:laugh: Shall we call him L. Coles? No. That is too obvious. Lets go with Lavernues C. :laugh:

the Jets are an awful team.

their personnel moves in recent years have backfired for the most part.

their fans were crowing on ES about the draft a couple of years ago when they drafted Dwayne Robertson, and then the team couldn't wait to get rid of him this past offseason.

and how is the Coles for Moss deal working out for them?

Coles seems like he is very happy being back in NY now that some time has passed? :laugh:

Archived