Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1984 Redkins

Skins5235

Yeah, it's really 1983 Redskins.

Let's not forget they blew a 23-3 halftime lead to lose to Dallas in the opener 31-30 (Moseley missed a long one that could have won it) and they lost the 48-47 shootout on Monday Night to Green Bay (Moseley missed a short one that could have won it). This team was 2 points and 2 kicks away from 16-0.

First off that was the 1983 SKINS.

But, definitely haven't gotten any credit for being one of the best, cause all anyone remembers is them losing to the Wildcard Raiders. We still shouldn't have lost that game.

The Raiders weren't a wild card team. I believe they were 12-4 and AFC West champs. The Raiders wild card Super Bowl was the victory over the Eagles.

I have that game on tape. I remember in the pregame they showed Riggins reading "Mauled" a book about a guy getting mauled by a bear. It was supposed to get him in the right mind set but it appeared to be appropriate considering what happened.

MC

That Offense was beast, they had 3 games over 40 points scored and one was the one point loss to Green Bay 48-47 but ever week they were scoring in the 30's atleast.

The best was the divisional game against the Rams when we throttled them 51-7, Riggins had a beast year too with 24 TD's....

That Offense was beast, they had 3 games over 40 points scored and one was the one point loss to Green Bay 48-47 but ever week they were scoring in the 30's atleast.

The best was the divisional game against the Rams when we throttled them 51-7, Riggins had a beast year too with 24 TD's....

When did "beast" become an adjective? This annoys me. It's a dumb way to describe someone to begin with. But it should be "beastly."

"That offense was beastly."

"Riggins had a beastly year."

I heard pretty much the same thing. They got big Heads, stayed out and party alot. Riggins supposedly had the Flu. The Fact is the Raiders wanted it more, We beat them earlier that year. Everybody thought we were going to blow them out..

I heard pretty much the same thing. They got big Heads, stayed out and party alot. Riggins supposedly had the Flu. The Fact is the Raiders wanted it more, We beat them earlier that year. Everybody thought we were going to blow them out..

I attended the Skins 37-35 victory at RFK and the fact is the Skins were lucky to win that game. It was a great come-from-behind effort but the Raiders turned the ball over six times that day while the Skins gave it away only once. It took a recovered onside, or power, kick for the Skins to get the ball back and score the winning TD.

That was the first game the Raiders lost that year. The other three losses were the result of 17 turnovers, 13 to the Seattle Seahawks alone. The Raiders scored the 3rd most points in the NFL in 1983 and it was possibly the best of their Super Bowl teams. They ranked 7th in total offense and 4th in total defense.

I attended the Super Bowl as well and knew there was no way the Skins could blow them out. Unfortunately, the Raiders got early momentum from a blocked punt while their secondary absolutely mauled our receivers and almost seemed to know what was coming. Theismann was very inconsistant, likely from too much fun the night before, and Riggins looked a little lethargic as well which supports the flu theory.

Besides the partying, there was a rumor that the Raiders had gotten hold of a Skins playbook and gameplan. Who knows if it was true but it sure looked like it.

Definitely one the the better Skins teams in history but also possibly the best Raiders team as well. I refuse to watch that game anymore. Witnessing it in person was bad enough. It ranks with any loss to Dallas as a low point in my life. :doh:

83 Skins were the equal of the 2008 Patriots..... offensively. They were awesome to watch. Defensively they obviously had holes. Up until this year's timeout, Gibbs made the worst call of his career in the SB; a screen pass inside our own 10 yd. line that was picked for a TD with time running out in the first half.

I attended the Skins 37-35 victory at RFK and the fact is the Skins were lucky to win that game. It was a great come-from-behind effort but the Raiders turned the ball over six times that day while the Skins gave it away only once. It took a recovered onside, or power, kick for the Skins to get the ball back and score the winning TD.

That was the first game the Raiders lost that year. The other three losses were the result of 17 turnovers, 13 to the Seattle Seahawks alone. The Raiders scored the 3rd most points in the NFL in 1983 and it was possibly the best of their Super Bowl teams. They ranked 7th in total offense and 4th in total defense.

I attended the Super Bowl as well and knew there was no way the Skins could blow them out. Unfortunately, the Raiders got early momentum from a blocked punt while their secondary absolutely mauled our receivers and almost seemed to know what was coming. Theismann was very inconsistant, likely from too much fun the night before, and Riggins looked a little lethargic as well which supports the flu theory.

Besides the partying, there was a rumor that the Raiders had gotten hold of a Skins playbook and gameplan. Who knows if it was true but it sure looked like it.

Definitely one the the better Skins teams in history but also possibly the best Raiders team as well. I refuse to watch that game anymore. Witnessing it in person was bad enough. It ranks with any loss to Dallas as a low point in my life. :doh:

Awesome, I watched both on T.V. being 18 years old. :)

Archived