Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I live in Missouri so I don't know,but do the Redskins hold open tryouts?

michael_33

Sorry if this has been asked before as everything probably has....but does anyone in the DC area or Landover,Maryland have any idea if the Washington Redskins hold open team tryouts for walk-ons?

This is more of a curiosity question,than one where I take the next flight to tryouts and do it...(However,even though I'm 35...I was the 2nd best Punter in my city during my Highschool days and still have a lead foot...)avr.43.3 yards per kick(Mark xxxxxxx avg 44.2 yards per kick)1st place guy...

....And no..I didn't just watch the movie "Invincible" and got this idea... :silly:

But I wonder if the Redskins do it....?And if so...does anyone know when and where these tryouts take place?Does it cost money to enter?...and so on?

Help me out brotha's...Someone has to know this from that area...

Unless it doesn't exist of course... :doh:

Thank you! :cheers: HTTR!!!!! :helmet:

This is more of a curiosity question,than one where I take the next flight to tryouts and do it...(However,even though I'm 35...I was the 2nd best Punter in my city during my Highschool days and still have a lead foot...)avr.43.3 yards per kick(Mark xxxxxxx avg 44.2 yards per kick)1st place guy...

Not to discourage you or anything, but there is more to punting professionally than a statistical average. Very few punters are even drafted in the NFL draft each year, considering that hundreds of colleges have punters.

Are you a one-two or three step punter? Hang-time is very important, as is getting the punt off in so many seconds to prevent a block.

Michael 33 I just noticed it was you who posted this thread. You spend too much time on this board, to also have time to try out for the Redskins. :laugh:

Haha, no this isn't Necessary Roughness. I think you need an agent to secure an invite to camp.

If you're serious, try out for a local arena team, and if you do well who knows.

Sure they do...didn't you see "Invincible"? Vince Papale didn't have an agent. :laugh:

Sorry if this has been asked before as everything probably has....but does anyone in the DC area or Landover,Maryland have any idea if the Washington Redskins hold open team tryouts for walk-ons?

....And no..I didn't just watch the movie "Invincible" and got this idea... :silly:

But I wonder if the Redskins do it....?And if so...does anyone know when and where these tryouts take place?Does it cost money to enter?...and so on?

Help me out brotha's...Someone has to know this from that area...

Unless it doesn't exist of course... :doh:

Thank you! :cheers: HTTR!!!!! :helmet:

I was just thinking the other day how could the Redskins be better in 2008 and then it hit me..........................sign a 35 year old punter with no experience!! Its perfect :doh:

i too thought about walking on somewhere in my old age (34) as a kicker.

at times I KNEW i was better than some of the scrubs we have had and others around the league.

who knows.. maybe i will get back in shape by age 40 and walk on somewhere :)

I was just thinking the other day how could the Redskins be better in 2008 and then it hit me..........................sign a 35 year old punter with no experience!! Its perfect :doh:

Easy Ruggala! Don't rain on this man's parade. As most people already know, there is only enough room in Redskins Park for 2 washed-up, past-their-prime Redskins. Now that Gibbs and Brunnell are gone, he might have a shot! Boo-yah!

What? Too soon?:stfu:

Not to discourage you or anything, but there is more to punting professionally than a statistical average. Very few punters are even drafted in the NFL draft each year, considering that hundreds of colleges have punters.

Are you a one-two or three step punter? Hang-time is very important, as is getting the punt off in so many seconds to prevent a block.

Michael 33 I just noticed it was you who posted this thread. You spend too much time on this board, to also have time to try out for the Redskins. :laugh:

I'm a 2-step punter...

I once punted the ball against rolla 81 yards...(lot of roll too) and it landed onthe 1 yard line...As I was also the Arkansas LB...(we had an arkansas and Eagle LB)..I blitzed and got a safety on the very next play against the RB...

RB was one of the best RB's in the state...Cary Lang I believe was his name...( I'll check and see If I can't find any info on him here)

My positions(Varsity of course)

------------

Started as Arkansas LB (can't remember my career tackles stats, but had 4 career safeties there...)

Starting Punter

emergency RB (3rd string)

40 time=4.61

Like someone else suggested. Go try one of the arena leagues. I'm about 2 hours from you and I know of one league that has alot of teams in the area. A friend of mine tried out and made the Evansville Arena team in AFL2 or whatever league it is and actually payd 3-4 years. Give one of those a try and try to move up the ranks. If you're good enough you possibly will although age may play a factor.

Here's one in St Charles, MO:

http://www.ragefootball.com/

Here's their league:

http://www.unitedindoorfootball.com/

Interestingly enough, during one of my summer jobs, I worked for a guy who tried out for the Skins once or twice. He was a complete *******, but that's beside the point. If I had to guess his age, I would think this occurred in the early 80's, but I don't think they've had open tryouts for years.

BTW, I was on my high school team when they went to states. I was 5th string everything, never saw the field, and had zero responsibility for anything positive that happened that year. Take THAT:laugh:

Archived