Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TJ Duckett signs 5 year deal with Seahawks (merged)

Oldskool

DUCKETT SIGNS WITH SEAHAWKS by Michael David Smith

Free agent running back T.J. Duckett has signed a five-year contract with the Seattle Seahawks, SpartanNation.com is reporting.

Duckett, a 6-foot, 254-pounder, carried 65 times for 335 yards and three touchdowns last year as a backup for the Detroit Lions. The Seahawks will be his fourth team in the last four seasons; he spent 2006 with the Washington Redskins and played for four years before that with the Atlanta Falcons.

The addition of Duckett in Seattle will raise more questions about whether Shaun Alexander is done with the Seahawks. Although Alexander is only two years removed from an MVP season, he has averaged just three and a half yards a carry the last two years, and he'll turn 31 before the 2008 season begins.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvEZYNehauw237dddFJcJ6NDubYF?slug=ap-seahawks-duckett&prov=ap&type=lgns

DETROIT (AP)—T.J. Duckett is heading to play for the Seattle Seahawks with a 5-year contract, the free agent running back told The Associated Press on Tuesday night.

Duckett, who played for the Detroit Lions last season, has 2,642 career rushing yards and 36 TDs.

He previously played for the Redskins and the Falcons, who selected him 18th overall in the 2002 NFL draft after running for 3,379 yard at Michigan State.

When he wasn’t slowed by injuries, Duckett was productive in limited opportunities in Detroit’s pass-happy offense. Last season he carried the ball 65 times for 335 yards.

Desperation and they know that Alexander is sliding downhill on a banana peel.

I always said that he was overrated... Once Hutch left, he was a scrub. If you watch him play he is not a tough runner, he is not an agile runner, he is not a quick runner, he is not a fast runner.... Product of the line, and they WAY overpaid for him.

I always said that he was overrated... Once Hutch left, he was a scrub. If you watch him play he is not a tough runner, he is not an agile runner, he is not a quick runner, he is not a fast runner.... Product of the line, and they WAY overpaid for him.

He sure does appear that way on television. I feel the same way as you but a part of me can't grasp that all those touchdowns a few years ago were all because of the line.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

What the heck are those SeaHags thinking?!?!?! :laugh: :laugh:

Proof positive that the free agent class sucks this year.

Chris Clemons and Duckett getting huge deals?!

Gibril "Portis trucked me" Wilson getting 37 mil!!!

Thank you Zorny for staying away.

Douchet just signed a deal with seattle 5 yrsmillions of bucks etc.

i havent heard of warrick dunn signing anywhere...is ducket better than warrick? didnt he back up dunn in atl? where did he go after he warmed the bench, and robbed us?

Is he even that good...or did we misuse him?

It would really suck if he goes out next year and outrushes portis!

Douchet just signed a deal with seattle 5 yrsmillions of bucks etc.!

Good for him - Hope he's worth it. The reason he was able to run for as well as he did for the Lions is that everyone covers their passing game. Of course your running game is going to be semi-good if nobody bothers to stop it!

i havent heard of warrick dunn signing anywhere...is ducket better than warrick? didnt he back up dunn in atl? where did he go after he warmed the bench, and robbed us?!

Does this really matter where Dunn signs? I heard he might go to the Cowboys, but even that isn't exciting. Does nothing for us. No, Duckett is not better than Warrick. Ummm...since you're to lazy to research for a second (lol), he was signed by the Lions and used sparingly, but did semi-well for the times he actually got the ball. (5.2 YPC average)

Is he even that good...or did we misuse him?!

Nope, he isn't. He's got nothing left really in the tank. Duckett just benefitted from a pass-happy Lions team.

It would really suck if he goes out next year and outrushes portis!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *faints from lack of oxygen* :thud: Are you insane?

Oh, and this thread really belongs in ATN. *smack*

He sure does appear that way on television. I feel the same way as you but a part of me can't grasp that all those touchdowns a few years ago were all because of the line.

O-line is half of a RB's total. Without it, even the best RB's in the league are sub 4.0 ypc.

Look at Edgerrin James. His last year in Indy where he played 16 games was 2004. That year he had 334 attempts, 1,548 yards and 4.6 YPC.

2 years later he is in Arizona, plays 16 games, 337 attepts 1,159 yards and 3.4 YPC. Not saying that he didn't have a better YPC in Indy versus Arizona because of the QB situations for each team but O-line makes a difference.

O-line is half of a RB's total. Without it, even the best RB's in the league are sub 4.0 ypc.

Look at Edgerrin James. His last year in Indy where he played 16 games was 2004. That year he had 334 attempts, 1,548 yards and 4.6 YPC.

2 years later he is in Arizona, plays 16 games, 337 attepts 1,159 yards and 3.4 YPC. Not saying that he didn't have a better YPC in Indy versus Arizona because of the QB situations for each team but O-line makes a difference.

OL is definitely part of it. The fact that teams like Indy and Detroit are pass happy is another (also see the Bungles). It's much easier to get running yards when teams are committed to stopping the air game. Edgerrin James benefitted from that as well, as did Duckett.

Not to say that EJ isn't good, because he is, but his numbers did suffer some because he went to a team with a more balanced attack.

Archived