Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should we make a play for the Culpepper/Moss package?

michael_33

Are you Comfortable with McCain's Hagee endorsement?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Are you Comfortable with McCain's Hagee endorsement?

I don't know if any of you have heard,but there reporting that Moss and Culpepper would like to be brought in together as a package deal so to speak...

They are also saying that Moss would cost you,but Culpepper would be very reasonable...

Don't we need both positions anyway?With Brunell gone and Dante wouldn't cost nearly that much and I think that I would rather have Dante ahead of Collins anyways with his experience...

Could we do both?Obviously Campbell is going in as the Starter,but if he somehow had problems with that knee...it would be nice to have a vet in there without having to rely on Collins to perform in this new West Coast offense...

I also think that the West Coast would fit Dante's abilities...Am I wrong in this thinking?

Plus with weapons like Moss and Moss and Randel El,Cooley and Portis to carry you...I think this would be a pretty good move...

This would allow us to concentrate on DL,OL and maybe secondary for the draft...

Would you guys oppose this move?

it aint gonna happen man we just locked up collins and have JC.

now if there are specific aspects of JC's game that the coaches feel Dante could help with, and Dante is that "coach" type player, then sure maybe bring him in as a #3. If he knows and understands and enjoys that role, id be open to it.

I thought it interest me for a couple of reasons...

1)Collins is going to be learning this offense just like Campbell and Culpepper would...Dante could reasonably fight for the #2 job

2)We can still draft a young QB in the later rounds and either carry him as the #4 or stash him on the practice squad....

3)With the weapons we would have in both Moss's and Cooley,El and our running game with CP,we wouldn't be putting the load on Culpepper if he were to have to come in and play...like he had to in Oakland...

4)Our o-line is pretty darn good and could protect Dante alot better than the teams he's been on...

5)Zorn is a former QB and could help Dante as well...

6)We wouldn't have to drop our 1st rounder on a bust WR and could look O-line or D-line or CB....

7)Moss may come cheaper knowing his buddy is here as well and could work along those lines...

Absolutely not!!!!!!!! Daunte is not a very good qb anymore and there is no way we need to bring in a qb who is going to demand an opportunity to compete for the starting job, expecially when the starter we have is better by far.

Daunte's years (year) as a very good qb are long gone. Your comments point to giving Daunte the starting job, that is just plain crazy and not well thought.

It would be too much money tied up in QB's. If we could pull a trade with St. Louis off and push Collins over there, then Id say maybe, but we have our two QB's, the third one should be a project like Bramlet or Carr or even Ol Gus Forgot.... Ok, maybe not so much aproject, but a task.

Absolutely not!!!!!!!! Daunte is not a very good qb anymore and there is no way we need to bring in a qb who is going to demand an opportunity to compete for the starting job, expecially when the starter we have is better by far.

Daunte's years (year) as a very good qb are long gone. Your comments point to giving Daunte the starting job, that is just plain crazy and not well thought.

Dude!!!

I never said for him to be our starter...I said he could compete for the #2 spot ahead of Collins since they both we'll be learning a new offense anyways...

And seriously....If Campbell goes down,do you want Collins in there or Culpepper?

the thing is is that dante culpepper believes that he is still a starting quarterback in the league. anywhere he signs is because he believes or is told that he is going to have a chance to earn a starting job. zorn has already said that jason is the starter no matter what and i dont see culpepper being happy with a third qb coach type role.

one other thing if moss really wants to play on the same team as culpepper its because he wants to rekindle the old days in minnesota where he runs as far and as fast as he can and dante just throws up bombs. when dante gets put at the bottom of the depth chart moss is going to become the malcontent he was in his oakland days.

I have to agree. I can understand the interest in Moss, but we don't need Dante or the baggage he will undoubtedly bring.

Dude!!!

I never said for him to be our starter...I said he could compete for the #2 spot ahead of Collins since they both we'll be learning a new offense anyways...

And seriously....If Campbell goes down,do you want Collins in there or Culpepper?

As of right now, I would rather have Collins in there.

Dude!!!

Honestly, I would much rather have Collins, no question. As I would assume most everyone on this board would agree. Cudpepper is WAY past his prime and thinks he can still play at a high level....which he can't.

Just my opinion, but not a particularly good idea. If the comments are true about Moss and Culpepper its because Moss wants to PLAY with Culpepper, not just practice with him. So basically you'd get a star player with motivation to undermine the young star QB so he could get his guy in to start. Not really what Campbell needs.

I think Zorn's approach is a good one. Let Campbell know it's his job, period. Now if Moss wanted to come in for a reasonable contract, that wouldn't bother me too much. It's not going to happen, but it wouldn't bother me if it did.

To add in a has-been like Culpepper just to lure him here seems like playing with fire.

I could see why Culpepper would want to play with Moss again, it's the only time he was good. Nice to have a guy where you can just launch the ball up and he goes and gets it.

Kind of like Romo sits to pee in Dallas.

Lets get a young WR and QB to call our own instead of those two knuckleheads. We already have a veteran QB.

Archived