Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Briggs, why not Antwan Odom?

Drunken Master III

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

i believe he would be a good pick up. we should not let him get away. i believe we let randall gay get away. he went to the saints for a fair price and he would have addressed our corner need. we need to get odom. it is impossible to address all our needs in the draft!

The Skins should be able to address WR and DE with their first 2 picks. Who knows how the 3rd and 4th picks will pan out......it all depends on who is still on the board. And hey, I would have no problem if the Skins took an awesome O-lineman with the 21st pick in the first round....what if the best WRs and D-linemen (that are considered true superstar material) have already been snatched up?

Titans DE, 274 lbs, played next to Albert Haynesworth, had 8 sacks last season...

Next time you should just Google the man's name, ya lazy ****.

:laugh::laugh:

Hey, he started the thread, it's his ****ing responsibility.

Thanks though. He sounds like he could be a good pickup.

I'd much rather address defensive line in the draft.

We've got a nice group of young players there.....I don't see Odom fits into that.

Besides, you have to consider he played next to Haynesworth and also had Vandenbosch on the opposite side attracting the extra blockers.

It's risky to give a big contract to someone like that.

Titans DE, 274 lbs, played next to Albert Haynesworth, had 8 sacks last season...

BTW Chris Clemons of Redskins former fame also had 8 sacks last year playing for the Raiders. Should we sign him? Oh we can't the iggles already gave him a 5 year deal.

Chris Wilson had 3 or 4 sacks last year as a situational pass rushing LDE - they all came in the second half of the year once he found his feet.

I think he is good for 7 or 8 sacks this season as the 3rd and passing down rush end with Daniels playing on 1st and running downs and maybe moving inside to tackle on pasing downs.

We do need to get a full time starter to replace Daniels but I think DT is more of a need than DE so I'd pass on Odoms unless he comes at a bargain price.

Here is the 2004 Draft Preview summary of Odom:

Freakish athlete who will test well and has potential to develop into a solid right defensive end but he is still three years away and should have stayed in school to mature. Could be a first day pick based on upside.

He had a nice 4th year after not doing much in his first three. Year three he was injured and only participated in 4 games.

Perhaps he has now matured.:whoknows:

Archived